Spend Your Body

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
nausearockpig

Re: Spend Your Body

#76 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:42 pm

ZOINK wrote:I think it's these selfish-fuck Millennials. I'm a Gen X'er. I really don't give a shit about that pop-culture stuff but don't clump me in with the Millennials. This is what happens when every child gets a trophy for participating, kids get "diagnosed" and over medicated, parents buy their kids whatever they want, kids grow up on tablets, computers, and Play Station/X Box, and just basically never get told "no" or "wait." These kids don't give a shit about anything that isn't on the 6" screen in front of their faces. Have you tried to go to a concert with these fucks? I was at a summer festival and waited for my spot 45 minutes prior to Band of Horses coming on stage. I enjoyed about 20 minutes of the show, then this asshole walks directly in front of me. The next thing I know, he is waving his other 6 friends over to stand directly in front of me and talk about this shitty rapper that's coming on the stage next. If I were younger, I would have beat the shit out of these assholes. They have horrible taste in music. It's all electronic button-pushers or rappers just saying, "molly, weed, sex." It's like they are just popping pills and only care about having some kind of background music to have a conversation over.
I come from hippy parents. It wasn't this baby-your-child up until adulthood shit. The Millennials are like that movie "Idiocracy." I cannot stand these self-centered fucks.
:lol: queue Hype's comment of "It's the same for each generation. it's not that this music's any better or worse than previous generations' musics, it's just that people get old, only like 'their' music and can't appreciate any new music".

(for the record, I agree with you, not that my opinion means or is worth shit, cos it's just that - an opinion)..

Hype

#77 Post by Hype » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Predictable false beliefs deserve predictable responses. And you misunderstood the focus of the way I usually respond anyway. It's not about failing to understand all new music. You're cherry-picking history. Bieber is Elvis, Donny Osmond, Marky Mark, whoever. It's all terrible. You're just too out of touch to notice that not every young person listens to what you think the kids like, just like you didn't listen to New Kids on the Block or whatever the equivalent was. Instead of complaining about the wrong thing, either look for music that you like or just give up already?

nausearockpig

#78 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Hype wrote:Predictable false beliefs deserve predictable responses. And you misunderstood the focus of the way I usually respond anyway. It's not about failing to understand all new music. You're cherry-picking history. Bieber is Elvis, Donny Osmond, Marky Mark, whoever. It's all terrible. You're just too out of touch to notice that not every young person listens to what you think the kids like, just like you didn't listen to New Kids on the Block or whatever the equivalent was. Instead of complaining about the wrong thing, either look for music that you like or just give up already?
I'm not smart enough to tell if you're responding to me or Zoink. Please clarify.

kv

#79 Post by kv » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Both

Pandemonium

#80 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Hype wrote:Predictable false beliefs deserve predictable responses. And you misunderstood the focus of the way I usually respond anyway. It's not about failing to understand all new music. You're cherry-picking history. Bieber is Elvis, Donny Osmond, Marky Mark, whoever. It's all terrible. You're just too out of touch to notice that not every young person listens to what you think the kids like, just like you didn't listen to New Kids on the Block or whatever the equivalent was. Instead of complaining about the wrong thing, either look for music that you like or just give up already?
I agree. Being an old fuck, I've been around music and concerts closing in on forty years and every generation has it's share of douche nozzles and shitty, vacuous music.

However.... I do take strong exception to the Elvis - Bieber comparison. Yeah, Elvis started out as a manufactured pop star (and ended badly) but he had an original style and genuine talent that grew and matured. I can't imagine Bieber will be ultimately remembered for much more than egging a neighbor's house.

Hype

#81 Post by Hype » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 am

I stand by the Elvis-Bieber comparison. The only difference is that Bieber is a small-town Canadian, rather than a small-town Southerner. Oh, and Elvis's vocal range was larger. Other than that, they're identical.

The fact that I *like* Elvis's voice doesn't make him any less of a teeny-bopper fabricated pop star who didn't create any art.

JOEinPHX

#82 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:20 pm

You can't compare someone, who owes everything to ground broken by legends, to those legends themselves.

Queen has sold more albums than The Rolling Stones. But would they even exist if the Stones hadn't?

The Bieber/Elvis comparison doesn't work.

Hype

#83 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:42 am

Six7Six7 wrote:You can't compare someone, who owes everything to ground broken by legends, to those legends themselves.

Queen has sold more albums than The Rolling Stones. But would they even exist if the Stones hadn't?

The Bieber/Elvis comparison doesn't work.
Yes it does.

Hype

#84 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:53 am

They were also both dumb, overtly fundamentalist Christian, full of themselves... etc...