Please don't fuck up the forums

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Please don't fuck up the forums

#201 Post by creep » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Jasper wrote:So, creep, you're all done breaking ANR now, right?
no

i have one more update so it will go down again for a few minutes (hours)?

Jasper

#202 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:39 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote:So, creep, you're all done breaking ANR now, right?
no

i have one more update so it will go down again for a few minutes (hours)?
Dammit, creep, how am I supposed to share my reaction to Game of Throne if the site's down? You're ruining my life.

Jasper

#203 Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:43 am

creep, you're fucking up the forums again. ALL OF THE ANIMALS is no longer private.

JOEinPHX

#204 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:54 am

Jasper wrote:creep, you're fucking up the forums again. ALL OF THE ANIMALS is no longer private.
FIX THIS.

creep
Site Admin

#205 Post by creep » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:32 pm

does anyone access this site using www.aintnoright.com ? the domain is expiring and i don't see any reason to keep it.

creep
Site Admin

#206 Post by creep » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:34 pm

creep wrote:does anyone access this site using http://www.aintnoright.com ? the domain is expiring and i don't see any reason to keep it.
:lol: never mind ..... i just checked it and it doesn't work

creep
Site Admin

#207 Post by creep » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:38 am

creep wrote:
creep wrote:does anyone access this site using http://www.aintnoright.com ? the domain is expiring and i don't see any reason to keep it.
:lol: never mind ..... i just checked it and it doesn't work
hey ilumiada....fuck you :lol:

Hello, my name is Iluminada, how are you doing?

I am contacting you regarding my domain name aintnoright dot com which
I am trying to sell.
Kindly let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.
Iluminada

guysmiley

#208 Post by guysmiley » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:57 am

:lol: :lolol:

MicrowavedGerbil

#209 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Honestly this place kind of sucks though. People roll their eyes at anything first glance and the topics are dry. I don't even feel like anyone here even cares for Jane's anymore.

creep
Site Admin

#210 Post by creep » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 pm

MicrowavedGerbil wrote: I don't even feel like anyone here even cares for Jane's anymore.
This I agree with.

No one posts here anymore and this place is dying a slow death along with the band it's dedicated to but it's your only option. The other message board gets a couple posts a month.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#211 Post by Hokahey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:49 pm

:bored:

MicrowavedGerbil

#212 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 pm

creep wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote: I don't even feel like anyone here even cares for Jane's anymore.
This I agree with.

No one posts here anymore and this place is dying a slow death along with the band it's dedicated to but it's your only option. The other message board gets a couple posts a month.
I think other boards before hand actually had Jane's members or even people related to the band somehow were aware of those boards and posted content themselves. Not saying ANR needs that to be great but it defiantly needs something to distinguish itself.

kv

#213 Post by kv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:51 pm

But we aren't trying to distinguish ourselves from other boards :noclue:

MicrowavedGerbil

#214 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Does everyone here sleep in a coffin?

Mescal

#215 Post by Mescal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:43 am

:eyes: you're right, I don't care much for Jane's these days.

Why should I?

Sterling Spoor box set?

Mescal

#216 Post by Mescal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:48 am

And would you rather have Etty posting at this site?

Larry B.

#217 Post by Larry B. » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 am

We're all at least 15 years older than when these forums first appeared, for one thing. We are far more cynical than we were 15 years ago.

We've had very close access to members of the band, in one way or another. And guess what - for the most part, they're regular, unremarkable, stupid and/or boring people. In some cases, that's a good thing. At least in my opinion, I appreciate that Eric or Pete could say no to a gig because they want to stay at home or they don't want to live on a bus for 2 months. They are just people, people whom we looked up to when we were younger because we lived through them, perhaps because we wanted to be rock stars, we wanted to be rich by being cool, we wanted to rebel against the republicans, whatever. That's long gone.

We've had access to Perry and came to realise his brain is fried and everyone around him laughs at him bahind his back, and with good reason. His wife tricked him to get pregnant too. Told him she was allergic to latex, as she was wearing a latex suit in the backstage of a trashy bar in Detroit, probably.

15 years later, the people connected to out experience with the band that we find the least boring it's pretty much us. We come here to see how Creep's projects are coming along, whether the hitman who's following him finally got the job done (hopefully he won't), whether he and Perkana are finally going to settle down together, whether Etty complained a lot or Perry bought her 3 handbags and 6 iPhones, whether Pandemonium is still living in a hotel, and so on. We like being schooled by Hype and being scolded by KV. We talk about musicians that died.

Even the band are bored of each other. They are boring people, and the only ones who can live OK with that are Eric and Chris.

We are boring people too, but we amuse each other from time to time. Like I've said, we've been together for about 15 years. We've said it all about Jane's. ALL. There's only two or three people in here who would be genuinely interested in talking at lenght about Jane's, their history, ups and downs, how great it would've been if X had happened, and so on. We've done it tens of thousands of times. I'd much rather see more photos of mattresses on the street than re-reading that shit.

So if your main interest is Jane's Addiction and you want to find like-minded people, I'm afraid to tell you, but you're alone on the Internet. Over here, we're over them. On a different website, I don't even know how many active users there are and I can't imagine there's more than five. And they've been over that shit a thousand times too.

You're all alone.

All alone.

One of us.

JOEinPHX

#218 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:34 pm

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Honestly this place kind of sucks though. People roll their eyes at anything first glance and the topics are dry. I don't even feel like anyone here even cares for Jane's anymore.
:eyes:

MicrowavedGerbil

#219 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Honestly this place kind of sucks though. People roll their eyes at anything first glance and the topics are dry. I don't even feel like anyone here even cares for Jane's anymore.
:eyes:
Prefect visual representation.

JOEinPHX

#220 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:53 pm

No, that was me literally rolling my eyes at someone who pops onto a message board full of people who have been chatting together for 18 to 19 years and telling them how to communicate on their own message board.

How did you seriously envision that was going to go?

Did you think you'd have a beer or two, tell us all we're doing our board wrong, and it would inspire us all to love Jane's Addiction more, listen to their non-existant new album, and post 17 new threads about it so you'd have something to reply to?

Get a fucking Twitter account if you need socialization with like-minded people that badly.

MicrowavedGerbil

#221 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:56 pm

I come here cause I've been on xiola for years since 07' .. Idk what happened, I was not around for the end of that place. What happened to sonny BTW? And nah I'm not interested in Jane's anymore.. But I'm a father now and I miss the old days so I revisit them when I have the Chance. I know you guys, but I don't know you guys.. And I don't wanna just vanish from a big part of my young teenage life life.

MicrowavedGerbil

#222 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:No, that was me literally rolling my eyes at someone who pops onto a message board full of people who have been chatting together for 18 to 19 years and telling them how to communicate on their own message board.

How did you seriously envision that was going to go?

Did you think you'd have a beer or two, tell us all we're doing our board wrong, and it would inspire us all to love Jane's Addiction more, listen to their non-existant new album, and post 17 new threads about it so you'd have something to reply to?

Get a fucking Twitter account if you need socialization with like-minded people that badly.
I'm not nessicarily new here. I've Gotton close to many people on xiola, I haven't tried reaching out here to see If anyone I was really cool here is active. Don't get the wrong impression man.

kv

#223 Post by kv » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:36 am

Please don't fuck up the forums

Larry B.

#224 Post by Larry B. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:51 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:And I don't wanna just vanish from a big part of my young teenage life life.
Don't vanish from it, but adapt to the fucking reality. Jane's sucks. There will never be anything worthy of praise from them ever again. So let's talk about what were the last pair of shoes you bought instead.

If you REALLY crave those deep discussions about Jane's from 2007, PM bman and you're set.

JOEinPHX

#225 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm

kv wrote:Please don't fuck up the forums