The future of Eric Avery with Jane's Addiction

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Matz

Re: The future of Eric Avery with Jane's Addiction

#51 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 am

Tyler Durden wrote:BTW, Rollins is the same guy who publicly ridiculed Jane's and Perry in 1990. A year later, he was worshipping Jane's, kissing Perry's ass, and thanking him for launching his career into the big leagues.
didn´t know that. What a punk.

guysmiley

#52 Post by guysmiley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:04 am

I dig Rollins. Yea, he's a bit hard on any music that doesn't flat out rock, and sometimes it's unwarranted, but he's a enthralling and interesting character. He's got some real good and relate-able life stories, which I enjoy hearing.

Matz

#53 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 am

Matz wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:BTW, Rollins is the same guy who publicly ridiculed Jane's and Perry in 1990. A year later, he was worshipping Jane's, kissing Perry's ass, and thanking him for launching his career into the big leagues.
for doing that I mean. I still like a lot of his music a lot. Get Some Go Again fx is a great album

Tyler Durden

#54 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 am

Matz wrote:
What's really sad is it's on one of his spoken word DVDs. :lol: To his credit, he doesn't try to hide it.

This is from the back of the DVD:
Hello. I wanted to tell you a few things about this DVD. Many years ago, my friend Joe Cole and I wanted to release a series of live videos of my talking shows. Joe would shoot, he and our friend Modi would edit and produce and I would release them on my label. That was the plan at least. Joe was killed in 1991 and our grand scheme abruptly ceased. We did get some shows in the can before Joe departed and over the years, I wanted to get some of the material out and the DVD seemed like the perfect medium so we dug out the tapes and got to work. It was interesting to watch such a young version of myself. On this night, I was surprised at what I said about Jane’s Addiction, how I was unable to understand what their appeal was because they ended up being one of my favorite bands of all time. It was true though, I didn’t get it at first. How things change! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this slice of ancient history. We will go through these archival tapes to see if there’s more content that we think merits your time and expenditure and bring it to your attention when we can. Thank you for checking this out. -- Henry

Noonesshocking

#55 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:46 am

:tiphat:

Tyler Durden

#56 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:46 am
:tiphat:
As I said 11 years ago…never say “never” with this band.

zendo

#57 Post by zendo » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:40 pm

Right? this thread didn't age well haha!