something interesting i've never heard before..

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
jason

something interesting i've never heard before..

#1 Post by jason » Wed May 30, 2012 3:23 pm

so, you guys may have come across these sites that have "backing tracks" for guitar players to sorta play along with, but usually it's someone that has re-done the other instruments themselves...with pretty shitty results. i came across this today while looking for a song to just satisfy my urge to dork out and play...what's cool about it is that, without the guitar, you can hear things in the mix that you were never really able to hear before (perry's vocal effects/layering..cool drum stuff, etc.) and they've used the original tracks! there are a couple of songs posted under jane's, they're all interesting honestly. check it out!!

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/ ... mit_it.htm

Larry B.

Re: something interesting i've never heard before..

#2 Post by Larry B. » Wed May 30, 2012 3:47 pm

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I pressed play on Ted and started air-drumming immediately. Love that feeling. Thanks for the fucking great tip!

zdilla

#3 Post by zdilla » Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 pm

awesome! thanks!

jason

#4 Post by jason » Thu May 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Larry B. wrote::rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I pressed play on Ted and started air-drumming immediately. Love that feeling. Thanks for the fucking great tip!
right? glad ya dug it...thought you guys might be into hearin' it.

Hype

#5 Post by Hype » Thu May 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Oh my. God. I am Playing TED. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Oh my. God. I am Playing TED. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Do you have any guitar tabs or some chords you can throw in here? I remember many years ago a member of the JA community sent me a scan of a hand-written tab and I was fucking STOKED. I was playing TED. Poorly, but still... that guitar is sick.

Hype

#7 Post by Hype » Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 pm

No tab... just playing random notes over the track. :lol: There are no good tabs available.

The best tab site I've been able to find is http://www.songsterr.com but it doesn't have Ted. I think you can register/log-in and vote for it to be tabbed properly: https://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/TabReque ... newRequest

Larry B.

#8 Post by Larry B. » Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:No tab... just playing random notes over the track. :lol: There are no good tabs available.

The best tab site I've been able to find is http://www.songsterr.com but it doesn't have Ted. I think you can register/log-in and vote for it to be tabbed properly: https://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/TabReque ... newRequest
Ahh, too bad... all I can think of is playing the E5, F#5-E5-F#5-G5 progression over and over :dunce:

Hype

#9 Post by Hype » Thu May 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:No tab... just playing random notes over the track. :lol: There are no good tabs available.

Ahh, too bad... all I can think of is playing the E5, F#5-E5-F#5-G5 progression over and over :dunce:
Yeah I basically played E5, etc., and then noodled some random soloey type stuff.

jason

#10 Post by jason » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:50 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:Oh my. God. I am Playing TED. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

hahahaha!! love it..

Romeo

#11 Post by Romeo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm not a guitar player but that is so awesome!! :rockon:

Mescal

#12 Post by Mescal » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 am

Larry B. wrote:
Do you have any guitar tabs or some chords you can throw in here? I remember many years ago a member of the JA community sent me a scan of a hand-written tab and I was fucking STOKED. I was playing TED. Poorly, but still... that guitar is sick.
I can tab out the bass part if you want.

All the Ted bass tabs out there are wrong

Larry B.

#13 Post by Larry B. » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 am

Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

Hey! My bass tab was pretty good-o :flip:

Diabolik

#14 Post by Diabolik » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:40 pm

WOW! thats pretty cool...if theres a Three Days version we might be able to hear the whole poem!

Mescal

#15 Post by Mescal » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:37 am

Larry B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

No it wasn't.

I think it was even worse than your Up The Beach tab :bigrin:

Larry B.

#16 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 am

Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Mescal wrote:
Larry B. wrote:

No it wasn't.

I think it was even worse than your Up The Beach tab :bigrin:
:flip: :flip: :flip:

That tab was phenomenal! Voted 'tab of the year' unanimously by the Chilean visitor of the site...

SR

#17 Post by SR » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I've listened to that song more times than is recordable. Great stuff.....heard the guitar in my minds ear, and then heard so much more than ever elsewhere. :rockon:

Essence_Smith

#18 Post by Essence_Smith » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 pm

This an excellent find...thank you! :rockon:

jason

#19 Post by jason » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am

SR wrote:I've listened to that song more times than is recordable. Great stuff.....heard the guitar in my minds ear, and then heard so much more than ever elsewhere. :rockon:
that's exactly what i was thinking...all those subtle things..exactly as they were meant to be heard really