recordings of last leg of tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
ilovejanesaddiction

recordings of last leg of tour

#1 Post by ilovejanesaddiction » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:21 am

Hi. There seems to be some good sounding recordings of this last strech of shows with Price I Pay and Splash a Little Water on It. Does anyone have an uploaded recording on the internet that doesn't require using dimeadozen.org?
I tried that but they have a rule that basically you have to first upload a lot to get rights to downloading from others...

Thanks.

Ps: Perry is listening to the fans! Late, but better then never. After all the promises, we got PIP this last leg. With more fans reqesting on facebook and twitter, next tour they will finally play Hypersonic, Wrong Girl, Riches and To Match the Sun again.

Japhy

Re: recordings of last leg of tour

#2 Post by Japhy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:09 pm

What the hell, i'll reply. I'm pleased he's listening (if he is) and I'm more than ok with Price I Pay getting an airing... however, just my opinion, I'm also more than happy for the others mentioned to stay in the jam room backstage. If, and it's a massive bloody if, they ever get round to adding KW, NOL, Trip, My Time or even City, then I'll be stoked... and if that were to happen, i might, just might, be ok with The Riches or Hypersonic getting dropped in - I'd choose Strays if I had to though.

And there were far too many commas and ...'s in what i just wrote. Poor.

bman

#3 Post by bman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I hate Strays...The only bearable song is Just Because and True Nature. They played 7 out 10 songs from the new record. I'd rather hear those 7 than anything off Strays.

creep
Site Admin

#4 Post by creep » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 pm

bman wrote:I hate Strays...The only bearable song is Just Because and True Nature. They played 7 out 10 songs from the new record. I'd rather hear those 7 than anything off Strays.
i like strays a lot better than tgea. :noclue:

bman

#5 Post by bman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:58 pm

I really dig Underground, Broken Peeps, Words, Twisted, and Curiosity.

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 pm

creep wrote:
bman wrote:I hate Strays...The only bearable song is Just Because and True Nature. They played 7 out 10 songs from the new record. I'd rather hear those 7 than anything off Strays.
i like strays a lot better than tgea. :noclue:
Same here. Strays has a few really terrible songs but the best songs off that album blow away all but Underground off TGEA. I would really like to hear Strays, PIP, True Nature, The Riches and even Hypersonic live one more time.

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:43 pm

I have a crazy idea:

How about instead of swapping one song for another in their amazingly long 80 minute set, they just play for 100-110 minutes and throw an additional 5-6 songs in there.

A unique approach, I know. But now that they almost have as many albums as The Spin Doctors and Sponge, they should be able to pull it off.

kv

#8 Post by kv » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:41 am

perrys voice, don't act like you don't get it 67

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:49 am

i get it.

But what's another 5 songs when he can't hit the notes, and doesn't even try, to begin with?

Throw in a few more backing tracks and he can coast through a few extra tunes. Everyone wins.

kv

#10 Post by kv » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 am

no...everyone loses

bman

#11 Post by bman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:30 am

I have no problem with the 14 song set. They just need to switch it up more. Aint No Right, BCS and Mountain do NOT need to be played every show.

nausearockpig

#12 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Their sets are painfully short. Maybe JA should take a leaf out of The Cure's 2012 festival tour shows book and play for up to three hours.

http://www.cure-concerts.de/main/2012.php

nausearockpig

#13 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:22 pm

ilovejanesaddiction wrote:Hi. There seems to be some good sounding recordings of this last strech of shows with Price I Pay and Splash a Little Water on It. Does anyone have an uploaded recording on the internet that doesn't require using dimeadozen.org?
I tried that but they have a rule that basically you have to first upload a lot to get rights to downloading from others...

Thanks.

Ps: Perry is listening to the fans! Late, but better then never. After all the promises, we got PIP this last leg. With more fans reqesting on facebook and twitter, next tour they will finally play Hypersonic, Wrong Girl, Riches and To Match the Sun again.
Try Janesaddiction.org. In the forum section some people post direct download links to some shows.

Also, you're wrong about dime. You just need to keep your RATIO UP. So just get on torrents early and seed what u download for as long as u can rather than bolting after you've grabbed the torrent. Give back & you'll be right.

blackula

#14 Post by blackula » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:49 pm

nausearockpig wrote:Their sets are painfully short. Maybe JA should take a leaf out of The Cure's 2012 festival tour shows book and play for up to three hours.

I would never want to see any band for 3 hours.
bman wrote:I have no problem with the 14 song set. They just need to switch it up more. Aint No Right, BCS and Mountain do NOT need to be played every show.
I agree, mix it up. 3 different shows in NY since last October and they opened with Underground each time. Too predictable. Besides for mixing up the sets it'd be cool to add 2 more songs to the acoustic set, My Time would be sick. Instead of 2 or 3 acoustic songs, do 5. That way the set's slightly longer and Perry's voice is not in shreds by the end of it.

nausearockpig

#15 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:02 pm

blackula wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Their sets are painfully short. Maybe JA should take a leaf out of The Cure's 2012 festival tour shows book and play for up to three hours.

I would never want to see any band for 3 hours.
Why not?

IMO Any band with an extensive back catalogue and years of stage experience should feel at home playing for tht long. That gives them the chance to play hits, rarities and live favorites.

But if you're happy with a shorter set, good for you :-)

kv

#16 Post by kv » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 am

agreed anything over 2 hours is too fucking long

nausearockpig

#17 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:05 am

lol I don't get you guys... each to their own I guess...

nausearockpig

#18 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:07 am

ilovejanesaddiction wrote:Hi. There seems to be some good sounding recordings of this last strech of shows with Price I Pay and Splash a Little Water on It. Does anyone have an uploaded recording on the internet that doesn't require using dimeadozen.org?

Thanks.

direct d/l link https://rapidshare.com/files/741503094/ ... 07.flac.7z

Pandemonium

#19 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:31 am

nausearockpig wrote: Why not?

IMO Any band with an extensive back catalogue and years of stage experience should feel at home playing for tht long. That gives them the chance to play hits, rarities and live favorites.

But if you're happy with a shorter set, good for you :-)
Certain bands I (would) love seeing onstage for a 3 hour set. Springsteen and Nine Inch Nails have/had such a deep catalog of quality tunes with a wide stylistic variety and tons of energy, even casual fans don't get bored when they play that long. There's a number of bands and artists that fall into the same category that I wish they could play such long sets (U2, Bowie) but on the other hand, for most bands, a near-2 hour set is perfect. I remember seeing Guns n' Roses play a near-4 hour set in 1991 that's was probably as close to an endurance test as anything I've ever seen. It didn't help the show didn't start until midnight - by the last 3rd of the show, half the Forum arena had emptied.

But a sub 90 minute set is just not enough for any headline band with at least a few decent tunes and albums under their belts. That issue has been my biggest complaint about most Janes shows I've seen over the years and I've noticed more bands are falling into that trend lately (The Cult for example) as they (notably the singer) grow older.

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:36 pm

kv wrote:agreed anything over 2 hours is too fucking long
yup...i love the cure but nearly every time i have seen them the go on a little too long.

nausearockpig

#21 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:39 pm

creep wrote:
kv wrote:agreed anything over 2 hours is too fucking long
yup...i love the cure but nearly every time i have seen them the go on a little too long.
I really don't get that.. I guess there are different sort of "loves" then..

kv

#22 Post by kv » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:36 pm

after 2 hours the crowd is dead and energy is gone :noclue: thats why jane's was always good with their short sets "always leave people wanting more" not over filling everyone

nausearockpig

#23 Post by nausearockpig » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Maybe it's different for a lot of people if they have the chance to see a band a lot. Like Jane's in their heyday playing la every weekend or whatever. I caught them in Brisbane and Melbourne in09 or whenever it was and would have loved longer sets. No chance for me to see them again. Ever.

I've seen The Cure 4 times and one of those was a festival set. The longer shows were def the better ones.

I'm glad for those of u that are ok with short sets.

kv

#24 Post by kv » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 pm

jane's plays too short imho but it's their thing so i am not surprised when they play 10 songs and bail 1 1/2 hrs to 2 is perfect for me

trevor ayer

#25 Post by trevor ayer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 am

janes needs to go zep style .. like the 26 minute dazed and confused .. they just need to stretch out 3 days and other long songs .. they don't need more songs in the set , tho it would be nice .. unfortunately .. unlike the cure .. janes simply cant write good new music .. they could draw on pfp spread and fill out a set but they seem mostly resistant to that sort of thing .. nobody really wants to hear more new songs .. they just think they do until perry starts singing .. then a deep deep regret fills the void where once lived sweet anticipation .. best bet is one hour with like 7 songs streched out and jammed on .. so perry can rest his voice and feel up etty onstage more .. then a 5 song acoustic set .. then another 45 minute set of loud shit .. i think maybe they consider touring to be promotional .. 89 tour had no ritual songs even tho they were written in 86 87. they could push pfp but dave makes no money if someone goes and buys cursed female now that it hit the setlist .. they could promo the first 3 records but perry probably has ego eric issues with that concept .. sure some variety would be nice .. but if that means inserting crap like price i pay and splash than no thanks .. og janes has plenty of material to mix things up but perry clearly cant sing ANY of it anymore .. ps .. anybody notice how much press perry gets in rolling stone these days? i guess its true that you really do buy airplay .. tgea sank like a brick and perrry is mentioned almost every issue .. he is also in those stupid dobel tequila adds .. looks like all that selling out really buys u some publicity .. rs must be willing to mention nobodies like perry if dobel takes out a big enough ad .. it's not like perry has done anything noteworthy in the last decade