Dave planning two solo albums simultaneously

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
pentwaterzoo

Dave planning two solo albums simultaneously

#1 Post by pentwaterzoo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:49 pm

per DM last night. He also said that Jane's isn't working on new material and that he's moving to NY. He didn't expand on any of it except that the two albums would be different styles, or something to that effect. It should be up for download on his site in a couple days.

someguy

Re: Dave planning two solo albums simultaneously

#2 Post by someguy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Interesting. I'd imagine it's material he's accumulated over the years, much like Trust No One.

pentwaterzoo

#3 Post by pentwaterzoo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Sure has had the time.

pentwaterzoo

#4 Post by pentwaterzoo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 pm

And to add to that my biggest gripe about him is that he hasn't been more prolific with releases considering his talent and the fact his solo stuff has been good. I know some people prefer the earlier/unofficial releases but I liked TNO too.

JOEinPHX

#5 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 pm

He's spent the last few years saying he was going to work on a new solo album.

Maybe he's actually been working, but just not gotten around to releasing.

If he actually releases 2 albums, i will eat a pear. and i hate pears.

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I see this as positive for Dave both on a personal and artistic level but not a good sign for anything Janes-related.

pentwaterzoo

#7 Post by pentwaterzoo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:58 pm

I'll believe it when I hear it. It gives credence to the PFP next year rumor though, I guess.

Warped

#8 Post by Warped » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: If he actually releases 2 albums, i will eat a pear. and i hate pears.
I'll eat chicken and i hate chicken.

I seriously hope it will be true :rockon:

krakle

#9 Post by krakle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:20 am

Pandemonium wrote:I see this as positive for Dave both on a personal and artistic level but not a good sign for anything Janes-related.
yep & yep!

and it actually might be positive for Janes too, to keep quiet for another decade or so :hehe:

Pure Method

#10 Post by Pure Method » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:33 am

this is the best Jane's-related news we've had in a long time.

guysmiley

#11 Post by guysmiley » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:07 am

Well, it's more intriguing than anything recently. I'll believe it when I hear it.

Romeo

#12 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:25 am

Dare I say...
I think Dave can get his creative juices flowing in New York. Artistically I think he is a better fit in the big apple even though he is born and raised LA guy IMO. I've said this for years.

I personally like Dave's solo stuff. I hope he doesn't pull a Slash & get guest singers and does the singing himself. He has a nice voice.

Welcome to NYC Dave! :rockon:

Romeo

#13 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:26 am

Pandemonium wrote:I see this as positive for Dave both on a personal and artistic level but not a good sign for anything Janes-related.
absolutely agree.

I mean how long can you sit around and wait for your band to get their shit together & record every 6 years.

bman

#14 Post by bman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 am

Perry seemed pissed at the Portland show. That was a day after meeting Pete. Not reading too much into it but maybe Dave and Perry had a fight. Honestly, I'd like to see a few songs by P4P (Just release them online and play a few shows). But even Janes had a hard time selling out 2,000 seat theaters in some cities. P4P will not have nearly the same draw as Janes. This Janes tour was great. Really great. What about Perry saying they would work on a new album after the summer! I guess that fell apart quickly too. This is sad. Dave and Perry need eachother on stage period. I see a Janes summer festival 2013 tour with no new songs.

Matov

#15 Post by Matov » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am

This is great news. Hope it comes to fruition.

CaseyContrarian

#16 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:07 am

Other than NS to Ritual (the latter of which almost fell apart in the making, as evey single person here knows), this band is constitutionally incapable of making two proper studio albums back-to-back without breaking up. Problem is, they squandered most of the '90s, when their collective powers could have been put to best use. I've always rooted for Dave (who hasn't?), and I look forward to hearing new material from him. I really can't stand TNO, and don't like Rhimorse as much as some of you. (The early Spread is OK). Then there's TPC. It's not like Dave has an unblemished record outside of JA. But still, I like that he has some creative drive left that isn't all talk. Go Dave!

PFP are all fine and good, and possibly more appropriate for Perry at this point. But that doesn't mean I look forward to him pissing on any more of his legacy.

So Dave said he'd release TWO albums on his site in the next couple of days?

Oh, and I may be moving to NYC in a few months, too. Maybe we can be roommates. :rockon:

bman

#17 Post by bman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:23 am

I listened to Dark MAtter. He doesn't say anything about releasing in A Couple Of Days. No time frame.

They have off after October. I hope Janes will spend a month working on new material in December. How fuckin hard is it for these guys to write 10 songs. Come on. It doesn't need to be perfect. Just release some new material. Are they done with Capitol finally?

Matz

#18 Post by Matz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 am

Dave Navarro doing two solo albums!? Hmm, didn't see that coming, is he..ehm sober? :lol: No, if that's really gonna happen it's great news, he's such a great artist

trevor ayer

#19 Post by trevor ayer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:08 am

yeah .. dave said after they finish filming the documentary he wiLL START working on his two simultanious records .. he also said pretty definatively that they have NO plans to work on new janes ..

rhimorse and spread were both pretty great .. but so was pfp polar bear and banyan .. so that doesn't mean shit anymore .. considering dave was involved in strayas and tgea and both of those are complete crap ..

sure wish pete wasn't fondly embracing his love of disco .. does not bode well for a pfp album considering perrys love of electronica .. now all we need is a hip hop remix of psi com to complete the burial ceremony

so is pete playing cursed female kinda like when dave played hard charger? .. is it gonna flip back now?

Romeo

#20 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:23 am

don't knock all disco....some had some funky grooves...
Like Chic, Nile Rodgers is pretty funky

bman

#21 Post by bman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Actually, just playing semantics here...the question was are you working on New Janes. The answer was no. But, the question was are you currently working on new janes. That doesn't mean that he wont ever. I still think something happened around Seattle/Portland shows. Dave and Perry were oddly radio silent on twitter for a few days. I still forsee them playing summer 2013 shows.

tvrec

#22 Post by tvrec » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Jane's has shows scheduled in a month, let alone next summer.

Matz

#23 Post by Matz » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:43 pm

did Dave say anything about why he's moving to NY? It's as surprising a move as the two album thing to me. I though he loved, loved Los Angeles and couldn't live without it like Anthony Kiedis.

bman

#24 Post by bman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:08 pm

$100 bucks says he doesn't move! He is always tweeting how he gets sick of LA and he loves NYC. But come on, Dave loves the LA wanna be model types!

Romeo

#25 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:37 pm

NY has wanna be model types. And Alt models with Daddy issues.