Dave Navarro to Host Spike TV's Inkmaster

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Dave Navarro to Host Spike TV's Inkmaster

#21 Post by creep » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 am

Romeo wrote:I have no problem if someone wants to completely cover themselves in tattoo's but to me IMO there should be some "flow"...like feng shui. :lol: You know what I mean??
i think that is what i was trying to say. :dunce:

Warped

#22 Post by Warped » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:08 am

I remember on DM when Dave said that in the past tattoos were some kind of thing that kept people away from you. Like a second skin. Nowadays it seems to be an open invitation to anybody to ask or talk to the ones tattood - and he pretty much hates that.
It's his thing, i have no problem with his tattoos (and some of them are awesome like the one of his mother and of course the OHM fairy..haha) but i am a tatto fan in general and so whatever. Seems the right show for him anyway and after all that endless Jane's recording stuff he kinda deserves some spare time i think :bigrin:

Tyler Durden

#23 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

Warped wrote:I remember on DM when Dave said that in the past tattoos were some kind of thing that kept people away from you. Like a second skin. Nowadays it seems to be an open invitation to anybody to ask or talk to the ones tattood - and he pretty much hates that.
Yeah, public perception of tattooes has greatly changed. They used to scare people...now they are a license to strike up conversation. Tattooes don't exactly represent rebellion or misfits anymore.

Matz

#24 Post by Matz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Warped wrote:I remember on DM when Dave said that in the past tattoos were some kind of thing that kept people away from you. Like a second skin. Nowadays it seems to be an open invitation to anybody to ask or talk to the ones tattood - and he pretty much hates that.
Yeah, public perception of tattooes has greatly changed. They used to scare people...now they are a license to strike up conversation. Tattooes don't exactly represent rebellion or misfits anymore.
no on the contrary almost. Well, it depends on what you get of course. If you just go to a tattoo shop and pick out an arm band that 3000 other people have also you're an idiot but if you bring something personal and original and cool it's a different matter

Romeo

#25 Post by Romeo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I didn't get mine to be a misfit or rebel. I'm a little too old for that. BUT I did get it because I have always been a fan of tattoo art.
But I do have to say at my gym I am the only lady with a upper arm piece, and it does get the bitches off the treadmill immedately if they run over into my signup time :lol: like they are afraid of me

JOEinPHX

#26 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 am

Romeo wrote:yea Dave's tattoo placements do kind of suck. They are all over the place with no tying them together.
Maybe that is the point though. They are all separate ideas. So why would he jumble them all together into a sleeve or something?

Romeo

#27 Post by Romeo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:55 am

no. It's tattoo impulse. "Oh I want a tattoo, put it here." "Oh I want a tattoo, put it here".

If his idea was to have a jumbled mess of tattoo's, he succeeded.

drifter

#28 Post by drifter » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 am

heard jessie had to ok this before hed let her near him :hehe:

JOEinPHX

#29 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 pm

i bet he tapped that :lol:

Tyler Durden

#30 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:i bet he tapped that :lol:
Kat Von D is a tranny. :puke2:

Romeo

#31 Post by Romeo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:48 am

drifter wrote:heard jessie had to ok this before hed let her near him :hehe:
get the ho's "love of my life" straight...
She was SO IN LOVE with Nikki Sixx when Dave taped that.

that chick falls in love at the same rate I change socks. and IMO I don't think that tattoo she did of Dave's mom is all that.