Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Japhy

Re: Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour

#326 Post by Japhy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Purely because it's like 1am or something here in lovely old England and i'm losing my mind!!! It's too bloody sad that you and i both suspect that a change of 2 songs or more is pretty much not gonna happen.

Pandemonium

#327 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Japhy wrote:Purely because it's like 1am or something here in lovely old England and i'm losing my mind!!! It's too bloody sad that you and i both suspect that a change of 2 songs or more is pretty much not gonna happen.
Sure it can happen. They can drop 3 Days and Jane says and cut it down to a 9 song set.

Diabolik

#328 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Pretty good seats for 15 bucks! Will post tonight.

I'd say venue is about half full with 12 minutes to go.

Japhy

#329 Post by Japhy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Japhy wrote:Purely because it's like 1am or something here in lovely old England and i'm losing my mind!!! It's too bloody sad that you and i both suspect that a change of 2 songs or more is pretty much not gonna happen.
Sure it can happen. They can drop 3 Days and Jane says and cut it down to a 9 song set.
:lolol: Too fucking true!

Diabolik

#330 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:37 pm

1 Underground.
Eh....

2 Mountain Song
Started pretty weak. Perry doing his low talk song thing...got better in the middle, then kinda lost it...woah! Weird structured new jam at the end!!!. Best 20 seconds yet.

3 Just Because.
Vocals are really low in the mix tonight for everything. Mini Perry rant/Hello Jones Beach at break. Good energy for this one.

4.Another Soulmate makes and appearance!
Someone yelled for it. I might have drank the Kool Aid but live it was fun.

5.Then She Did.
Pretty great. Perry way into it. He went for it at "she would take me out on Sundays"

Diabolik

#331 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 pm

6 Oceansize
Best yet. Perry is actually singing it. Fantastic energy.

7 Three Days
Great. You simply can't fuck with this song. Especially when Dave is into it. Perry was pretty great. "All now with wings" was pretty spot on.

8 Stop
Wow. Like a totally different band then that clip posted. Perrys singing and yelling. No slow number talk.
Dave did first half the solo fucking with pedals. Nice. Perry's in a great mood.

Diabolik

#332 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:04 pm

10 Jane Says
Perry hanging over crowd. Grabbed a joint and took a puff. Pretty fun. Bands stemmed to be excited to play and even the first 2 song seemed a little eh performance wise things picked way up.

I'd give the show a B+ to an A-

Diabolik

#333 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 pm

11 Chip Away! I spoke too soon!

Japhy

#334 Post by Japhy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm

I honestly fancied Chip Away to get an outing tonight. Pleased i didn't add that to my post earlier or everyone would think I was Etty.

Sounds like a good one tonight. :rockon:

Romeo

#335 Post by Romeo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Diabolik wrote:1 Underground.
Eh....

2 Mountain Song
Started pretty weak. Perry doing his low talk song thing...got better in the middle, then kinda lost it...woah! Weird structured new jam at the end!!!. Best 20 seconds yet.

3 Just Because.
Vocals are really low in the mix tonight for everything. Mini Perry rant/Hello Jones Beach at break. Good energy for this one.

4.Another Soulmate makes and appearance!
Someone yelled for it. I might have drank the Kool Aid but live it was fun.

5.Then She Did.
Pretty great. Perry way into it. He went for it at "she would take me out on Sundays"
I bet the yeller for another soulmate was bman

I nearly tossed my cookies with the fucking suspended girls for chip away. Because you know how much I enjoy that.

Romeo

#336 Post by Romeo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Diabolik wrote:10 Jane Says
Perry hanging over crowd. Grabbed a joint and took a puff. Pretty fun. Bands stemmed to be excited to play and even the first 2 song seemed a little eh performance wise things picked way up.

Really?? I gave that a B- to a C+
I think Brooklyn last summer was better.

Romeo

#337 Post by Romeo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Artemis wrote:
Romeo wrote:
Diabolik wrote:Yeah, I'm nervous about tonight.

I never would have gone if I couldn't get a 20 dollar ticket. I think my seat is close too. Definitely not nosebleed.

I might post during the show in this thread if anyone cares.
I'm here. Bored as fuck. Some band on that sounds like someone is skinning a cat. Friend isn't answering me. They may have left already

I may die.
:pat: To kill some time you could check out the merch and let us know if there is anything good.

The bag I bought from the TGEA tour less than 2 years ago has a big rip in the seam. I barely use it too. I paid $20 for this!

I did. The merch was meh.

But I paid $5.50 for a diet coke

Diabolik

#338 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Romeo wrote:

I haven't seen them since that 3D phone YouTube show. I bailed on Theater of the escapists gigs. So maybe they were better? Granted I went in expecting not much. Was better then average for a gig like this. Glad they dumped ANR and BCS for tonight's show.

bman

#339 Post by bman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:05 pm

I was 2nd row pit right behind the dude that Yelled for Soul Mate! And yes, it is a little Rocker live! I'll take Another Soulmate over BCS or Aint No Right all the time now. Much better and so tight compared to the studio version. Terrible crowd again until half way through the set. As I mentioned, I was 2nd row pit until some douche and his girlfriend came up and stunk and forced their way in front of me. She was nice actually. They were doing key bumps from their little bag of blow and offered it to me and girlfriend! I've been off the powder for like 5 months now so I said no! I'm glad too b/c she was coughing and sneezing all over the place! Fucking Gross people out there! I was also right behind some chick with Perryz face tattooed on her back. She also had the words Then She Did and Classic Girl tattooed on her! Perry took a pic with her and gave her wine.

Underground
Mountain
Just B/C
Another Soulmate
Then She Did
OceanSize
Three Days
Stop
Jane Says
ChipAway

Really short set. They came on at 8:20, I was in my car at like 9:15. I think they meant to play Ted but AnotherSoulmate add on thew off the set a bit. Very Good show IMO. I actually really dug Soulmate; Three Days, Ocean, Stop, Then She Did were all great. Especially Then She Did.

Pandemonium

#340 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:35 pm

I have to admit, I never thought I hear about a Janes set without BCS and ANR but including TSD.

Much as I still like ANR, I hate the way Perry usually sings it since '09 so it's better off out of the set.

CaseyContrarian

#341 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 pm

No BCS is indeed weird. Fast-fading "legacy" bands are often contractually obligated by the promoter to play their most recognizable songs.

For example, Blue Oyster Cult, when rocking the Morning Zoo-sponsored weenie roast, is guaranteed to perform "Don't Fear the Reaper," "Godzilla" and "Burnin' for You."

Maybe Jane's aren't quite there yet. Bully for them!

nausearockpig

#342 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I have to admit, I never thought I hear about a Janes set without BCS and ANR but including TSD.

Much as I still like ANR, I hate the way Perry usually sings it since '09 so it's better off out of the set.
:nod:

Diabolik

#343 Post by Diabolik » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Yeah no BCS is a bit shocking. I heard a few people on my way out complaining about them not playing it.

I'm getting old because that set was just perfect in length.

Jammyshill

#344 Post by Jammyshill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 am

bman wrote: They were doing key bumps from their little bag of blow and offered it to me and girlfriend! I've been off the powder for like 5 months now so I said no!
You must have a lot in common with Perry. Once the powder dries up you think songs like 'Another Soulmate' are preferable over tracks like 'Been Caught Stealing.'

Romeo

#345 Post by Romeo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:48 am

Diabolik wrote:
Romeo wrote:

I haven't seen them since that 3D phone YouTube show. I bailed on Theater of the escapists gigs. So maybe they were better? Granted I went in expecting not much. Was better then average for a gig like this. Glad they dumped ANR and BCS for tonight's show.
I bounced during AIC to avoid the traffic jam cluster fuck.

NYRexall

#346 Post by NYRexall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:22 am

KEEP PLAYING TDS...

and play Obvious too.

nausearockpig

#347 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 am

NYRexall wrote:KEEP PLAYING TDS...

and play Obvious too.
Keep dreaming mate. I remember when they played TSD at Soundwave, the knob behind me yelled out something like "no one knows what you're doing". It's on my recording of the show. I think.

NYRexall

#348 Post by NYRexall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 am

No dreaming necessary; they actually played a show with no BCS or ANR. Anything is possible.

kv

#349 Post by kv » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 am

and play Obvious too.
wtf is tds?

nausearockpig

#350 Post by nausearockpig » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 am

kv wrote:

and play Obvious too.