Sonny just re-uploaded the Eric Avery interview

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Sonny just re-uploaded the Eric Avery interview

#176 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:Everyone around here knows you are a cyber cop. And you talk about yourself more than Pandemonium talks about Van Halen. :lolol:
You're just mad cuz I called your glow sticks and furries threads lame... :lol:
It was supposed to be lame. :idea:

Essence_Smith

#177 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Ohhhhhhhh... I see... :eyes:

Pandemonium

#178 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Such a gracious bunch I swear...the gesture does indeed count...better late than never, but as sony said the mob does indeed turn on you quick... :hehe:
I think it was a cool thing to do and I agree with Hoka regarding the man's ability to recognize and address the fact that perhaps initial impulse decisions aren't always the best ones.

And I think very few here "turned" on Sonny when he shut down Xiola. He got a lot of criticism how it was done but almost to a man, everyone that's commented has agreed it was entirely his site, his call to handle it in any way he saw fit. I do think many here including myself were put off by his attitude and comments after he shut down the site and the first week he joined this board though.

Pandemonium

#179 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:And you talk about yourself more than Pandemonium talks about Van Halen. :lolol:
Hey, hey HEY! That's a fuckin' kidney shot, man!

CaseyContrarian

#180 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:05 pm

At least when Pandemonium talks about Van Halen He contributes with intention
:rockon:

Tyler Durden

#181 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:And you talk about yourself more than Pandemonium talks about Van Halen. :lolol:
Hey, hey HEY! That's a fuckin' kidney shot, man!
:pat:

creep
Site Admin

#182 Post by creep » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:15 pm

to be fair i think he talks about u2 more than van halen

Tyler Durden

#183 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:19 pm

creep wrote:to be fair i think he talks about u2 more than van halen
Yeah, but I like U2. :hehe:

Essence_Smith

#184 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Such a gracious bunch I swear...the gesture does indeed count...better late than never, but as sony said the mob does indeed turn on you quick... :hehe:
I think it was a cool thing to do and I agree with Hoka regarding the man's ability to recognize and address the fact that perhaps initial impulse decisions aren't always the best ones.

And I think very few here "turned" on Sonny when he shut down Xiola. He got a lot of criticism how it was done but almost to a man, everyone that's commented has agreed it was entirely his site, his call to handle it in any way he saw fit. I do think many here including myself were put off by his attitude and comments after he shut down the site and the first week he joined this board though.
:noclue:
Before Sonny came here to address people had plenty to say...water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned...as I've said a few times, I think its pretty cool Hoka, creep, etc mobilized and got this board going...I just thought it was kinda funky that after all those years, friendships formed online and off, Pete in MD, Eric A interview, etc etc, people had anything negative to say about him based strictly on how he chose to end it...as I told Sonny himself its time we all moved on in some ways...even though I gripe, I think the comraderie here is pretty cool for the most part...

Deconstruction

#185 Post by Deconstruction » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:55 pm

I respect Sonny for putting the link up.

Pandemonium

#186 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:02 pm

creep wrote:to be fair i think he talks about u2 more than van halen
I'd talk more about Killing Joke if they had their shit together for more than a week at a time.

Regarding Van Halen, the band holds a special place for me as they were the first live rock band I ever saw... back in early '77 before they even had a record contract at the now long gone Golden Bear Club on PCH in Huntington Beach. When they really peaked as a live band in '80 - '81, they were untouchable. The only live act I saw during that time that topped them was Springsteen.

Pandemonium

#187 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Before Sonny came here to address people had plenty to say...water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned...as I've said a few times, I think its pretty cool Hoka, creep, etc mobilized and got this board going...I just thought it was kinda funky that after all those years, friendships formed online and off, Pete in MD, Eric A interview, etc etc, people had anything negative to say about him based strictly on how he chose to end it...as I told Sonny himself its time we all moved on in some ways...even though I gripe, I think the comraderie here is pretty cool for the most part...
Well duh, of course people had plenty to say. And most of it was warranted and on-target. But almost to a man, comments were always prefaced with "Sonny did a great job with Xiola, etc."

Really, we've kind of beaten this subject to death, dont'cha think?

creep
Site Admin

#188 Post by creep » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Really, we've kind of beaten this subject to death, dont'cha think?
yes

CaseyContrarian

#189 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:17 pm

Cool. Then let's talk about Killing Joke.

JOEinPHX

#190 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:58 pm

You're all killing the jokes.