Sonny just re-uploaded the Eric Avery interview

#1 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

:hs:

The first 3 parts, anyway.

Part 1:

JOEinPHX

Re: Sonny just re-uploaded the Eric Avery interview

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 pm

oh suddenly he wants his credit back for everything?

"i wanted to burn my legacy....oh fuck... who's got some water? Quick, help!"

Tyler Durden

#3 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:oh suddenly he wants his credit back for everything?

"i wanted to burn my legacy....oh fuck... who's got some water? Quick, help!"
:laugh:

Tyler Durden

#4 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Sonny at xiola.org wrote:Eric Avery interviews are coming back & other stuff

After many requests, insults, and a couple of emails from Eric himself, i’ve been swayed to bring back the Eric Avery Interviews. I admit, i took them down without really thinking. It’s gonna take a little time to get them all back up and the descriptions won’t be there at first. These interviews were important and i realize that now.

Another thing that continues to be asked of me is: why don’t you link to the new community? It’s very simple really. I am responsible for xiola.org and i took the shit for that website for years. In that same sense i don’t want to use my domain to link to a site, that i am not sure about. The new site that has sprung up is a great thing and i hope they continue, but if it becomes whores or just another board of trolls, i don’t want to be associated with that. xiola.org in the last days wasn’t far from those troll boards and it’s unfortunate that it became that. I backed off and let the regulars do what they wanted, which wasn’t what I wanted.

I’m still around.
:jerkit:

To me, the "bored" was always a fucked up place on the brink. I don't see how anything changed recently...other than some newbies came out of the woodwork and stepped on some toes.

Jasper

#5 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

It did seem like sonny was just didn't feel like hosting it anymore. I mean...a year or two prior and there was a lot more abuse and, you know, shopped pictures of Etty and all. Different things in your life can make the things you don't like seem to stick out more. Whatever - the important thing now is the interviews going up. We have a place to post and it came together faster and better than anyone could have imagined. It sucks that we lost all of our archival writings and even lost a bunch of people, but a few minutes ago it was the same situation, but without the EA interviews. So this is an improvement. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm

50 bucks says sonny just wants to repair his relationship with Petty

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Tyler Durden wrote: Another thing that continues to be asked of me is: why don’t you link to the new community? It’s very simple really. I am responsible for xiola.org and i took the shit for that website for years. In that same sense i don’t want to use my domain to link to a site, that i am not sure about. The new site that has sprung up is a great thing and i hope they continue, but if it becomes whores or just another board of trolls, i don’t want to be associated with that. xiola.org in the last days wasn’t far from those troll boards and it’s unfortunate that it became that. I backed off and let the regulars do what they wanted, which wasn’t what I wanted.
i just don't understand the logic in this. just putting a link up for a week or so after the site went down would only help the people that liked xiola find the new place. there are still people that i'm sure have no idea of this place. putting a link would in no way endorse this place. too late for that now though.

Matz

#8 Post by Matz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

After many requests, insults, and a couple of emails from Eric himself, i’ve been swayed to bring back the Eric Avery Interviews. I admit, i took them down without really thinking. It’s gonna take a little time to get them all back up and the descriptions won’t be there at first. These interviews were important and i realize that now.

Another thing that continues to be asked of me is: why don’t you link to the new community? It’s very simple really. I am responsible for xiola.org and i took the shit for that website for years. In that same sense i don’t want to use my domain to link to a site, that i am not sure about. The new site that has sprung up is a great thing and i hope they continue, but if it becomes whores or just another board of trolls, i don’t want to be associated with that. xiola.org in the last days wasn’t far from those troll boards and it’s unfortunate that it became that. I backed off and let the regulars do what they wanted, which wasn’t what I wanted.

I’m still around.

To me, the "bored" was always a fucked up place on the brink. I don't see how anything changed recently...other than some newbies came out of the woodwork and stepped on some toes.

everything was running pretty smoothly in my eyes, except when Zdilla popped up every once in a while

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:32 pm

creep wrote: i just don't understand the logic in this. just putting a link up for a week or so after the site went down would only help the people that liked xiola find the new place. there are still people that i'm sure have no idea of this place. putting a link would in no way endorse this place. too late for that now though.
I got a message on facebook from a LURKER asking me where we all went to.

Recently.

So not only did he destroy his board, but also tried to lower the chances of any other board successfully springing up in it's place.

Just seems very shitty for no reason.

JOEinPHX

#10 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

I’m still around.

Do you think sonny WAS the noobs?

I mean what better way to make us all look like dickheads than to troll his own board under fake names and watch everyone get all pissy.

Tyler Durden

#11 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't understand why Sonny continues to elevate his site above the likes of Whores et al. THE BAND DESPISED THE PLACE. :lol: And xiola.org's bad reputation was known among music fans on other boards (for example, nin.com, pearljam.com, etc). It wasn't a place where people (outside of us regulars) liked to mingle. Most people lurked...unless they were up for a brutal hazing.

Do you think Sonny's recent actions have anything to do with the recent news about that infamous Morrisey site and what happened to the guy that ran it? You gotta wonder. :hs:

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:52 pm

creep wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote: Another thing that continues to be asked of me is: why don’t you link to the new community? It’s very simple really. I am responsible for xiola.org and i took the shit for that website for years. In that same sense i don’t want to use my domain to link to a site, that i am not sure about. The new site that has sprung up is a great thing and i hope they continue, but if it becomes whores or just another board of trolls, i don’t want to be associated with that. xiola.org in the last days wasn’t far from those troll boards and it’s unfortunate that it became that. I backed off and let the regulars do what they wanted, which wasn’t what I wanted.
i just don't understand the logic in this. just putting a link up for a week or so after the site went down would only help the people that liked xiola find the new place. there are still people that i'm sure have no idea of this place. putting a link would in no way endorse this place. too late for that now though.
It's ego, a need to be a focus of attention. Pure and simple.

It's why he hasn't joined here. You can bet at some point within 6 months to a year, he'll bring back Xiola in some form.

Sonny (and a few here) whines about how fucked up Xiola was especially in the last couple years yet he did almost nothing as far as day-to-day moderation until he'd have his usual near annual and oddly timed meltdowns and shut down the site for a few days. But when comparing his site to Mike's he'd happily take credit for the fact of how much more traffic and quality contributions the site got compared to JA.org in large part due to how liberally he controlled the posting content compared to Mike.

Whatever "shit" he claims he took, he was as much responsible for as the most offensive members on the Bored. And seriously, why should he care who says what about him or his site? And let's not forget the times were he'd post utterly negative comments on the front page regarding the band, usually in regards to "current news." He clearly has little respect for Perry/Etty these days, he repeatedly derided Dave the last few months... And to think that some people posting photoshopped images of the band or Etty would piss the respective individuals off to a fraction of a degree that running the post-JA Eric interview would is simply not thinking straight.

He can't have it both ways. Overall, the site either sucked or it didn't.

IMO, it didn't.

I'll say it again, the site was successful not just because because Sonny kept such a loose grip on things but because the regulars kept the content at a decent level right up to the end. Even though there was some nonsense, it *never* got seriously out of hand. *That* was in large part to the community, not Sonny. The fact this site hasn't instantly gone down the shitter is proof of that.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#13 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Pandemonium wrote:

It's why he hasn't joined here. You can bet at some point within 6 months to a year, he'll bring back Xiola in some form.

Sonny (and a few here) whines about how fucked up Xiola was especially in the last couple years yet he did almost nothing as far as day-to-day moderation until he'd have his usual near annual and oddly timed meltdowns and shut down the site for a few days. But when comparing his site to Mike's he'd happily take credit for the fact of how much more traffic and quality contributions the site got compared to JA.org in large part due to how liberally he controlled the posting content compared to Mike.

Whatever "shit" he claims he took, he was as much responsible for as the most offensive members on the Bored. And seriously, why should he care who says what about him or his site? And let's not forget the times were he'd post utterly negative comments on the front page regarding the band, usually in regards to "current news." He clearly has little respect for Perry/Etty these days, he repeatedly derided Dave the last few months... And to think that some people posting photoshopped images of the band or Etty would piss the respective individuals off to a fraction of a degree that running the post-JA Eric interview would is simply not thinking straight.

IMO, it didn't.

I'll say it again, the site was successful not just because because Sonny kept such a loose grip on things but because the regulars kept the content at a decent level right up to the end. Even though there was some nonsense, it *never* got seriously out of hand. *That* was in large part to the community, not Sonny. The fact this site hasn't instantly gone down the shitter is proof of that.
This is incredibly spot on. In every regard.

Tyler Durden

#14 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:

IMO, it didn't.

Amen brother. :nod:

kv

#15 Post by kv » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 pm

i used to tell him it's not about perry and etty...fuck them they make shitty dance music it's a joke....it's about the people we are whats left of jane's we are what was special about xiola...and he tossed it to the wind...ego...bitterness...when he closed it down i pm'd him and said to sign up here me and the others would love to see him...but he took it as an attack...yet again :crazy:

whats funny is this place feels pretty much exactly like xiola....minus the feeling that one wrong word could send us all spilling into the streets again looking for a home...hoka grew up..people rallied to hold us together ( which flatly shocked me) we knew what the people meant...i honestly hope sonny comes around and lets go...he'd be welcomed with open arms and could relax for once

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm

:lol: it must be killing him to read all of this and not defend himself.

SR

#17 Post by SR » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 pm

:confused:

Just bring back the interviews. Huge.....

It's the direction xiola should have gone....

Inimitable, the interviews are. :thumb:

Juana

#18 Post by Juana » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Glad that he put the interviews back up. It was great that he got to do them and glad he came to his senses that maybe some youtube junkies were JA fanes as well.

imail724

#19 Post by imail724 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

I’m still around.

Do you think sonny WAS the noobs?

I mean what better way to make us all look like dickheads than to troll his own board under fake names and watch everyone get all pissy.
That would explain how they were all able to get accounts, yet every time I tried to sign up it would tell me my account must be activated by a moderator.

Pandemonium

#20 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:26 pm

imail724 wrote:That would explain how they were all able to get accounts, yet every time I tried to sign up it would tell me my account must be activated by a moderator.
I think that feature changed a number of times through the last few years. I was originally booted off Xiola after a day's worth of mocking Michael Jackson the day he croaked. About 6 months later for the hell of it while bored on vacation at the in-laws, I subbed under a new account name and was immediately (likely auto-bot) approved.

JOEinPHX

#21 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:38 pm

i think it's obvious what we need to do.

We need to go out of our way to love Jane's Addiction. We need to find the good inside of the things we dislike. We need to give them glorious praise and reviews.

We need to basically make this the ultimate jane's addiction site. One of band is proud to associate with.

And we need to do it with the same people who were at xiola.

We need to make it look like sonny was the asshole all along. :lol:

Bandit72

#22 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 am

Your avatar still makes me LOL

I wonder if the band did look at Xiola? Dave blocked me on twitter a while a go and I've absolutely NO IDEA why apart from the fact I use the same handle. I've never said anything derogatory towards him, I can only assume it's because I was associated with Xiola. :crazy:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#23 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:37 am

Bandit72 wrote:Your avatar still makes me LOL

I wonder if the band did look at Xiola? Dave blocked me on twitter a while a go and I've absolutely NO IDEA why apart from the fact I use the same handle. I've never said anything derogatory towards him, I can only assume it's because I was associated with Xiola. :crazy:
They definitely did. Them, friends, family...they've all spent time on these boards.

kv

#24 Post by kv » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am

yep... :jasper:

Romeo

#25 Post by Romeo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 am

not linking this place after he pulled the plug on the bored was just stupid.
This place is xiola but on ritalin. Hoke & creep set up some guidelines and we are following them. HAD XIOLA had some guildelines I am sure they would of been followed by majority of the people there.

The game may have changed but the players are the same.

As for the Eric interview I am glad they are making their way back to youtube. They are important. And will get more attention as it gets closer to the new CD release.