will download for free
8%
don't care
83%

Total votes: 48

Tyler Durden

Re: Will you buy Jane's new CD-DVD?

#51 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:40 am

Ummm...Jane's Addiction: Live In NYC is also being pressing as a double vinyl album. :crazy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CFY ... d_i=507846

Matz

#52 Post by Matz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:32 am

:lol: wow, the delusion is complete

Pandemonium

#53 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Ummm...Jane's Addiction: Live In NYC is also being pressing as a double vinyl album. :crazy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CFY ... d_i=507846

There goes the profits from the tour.

Mescal

#54 Post by Mescal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:27 pm

We already knew that it was gonna be released on vinyl, didn't we? :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#55 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Mescal wrote:We already knew that it was gonna be released on vinyl, didn't we? :noclue:
I just noticed that thread now. Oh well...it's still relevant to comment on here, given that pretty much no one plans on buying this thing.

Mescal

#56 Post by Mescal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Mescal wrote:We already knew that it was gonna be released on vinyl, didn't we? :noclue:
I just noticed that thread now. Oh well...it's still relevant to comment on here, given that pretty much no one plans on buying this thing.
Nope, and I own all things vinyl by JA.

Then again, I didn't buy TGEA on vinyl either, though I did hold it in my hand and gave it a second thought.

But I remember thinking, why spend 25 € on something I will never listen to. I don't want to turn into that kind of record collector guy. I did buy strays though. I listened to that once (maybe)

Kajicat

#57 Post by Kajicat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Not buying.

Made the mistake of buying Live Voodoo...watched that shit like twice then sold it, wishing I had never bought it. Not making the same mistake twice.

Just release Hammerstein Ballroom Relapse Tour for fuck's sake. I will buy that and make my friends buy it as well.

Mescal

#58 Post by Mescal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Kajicat wrote:Not buying.

Made the mistake of buying Live Voodoo...watched that shit like twice then sold it, wishing I had never bought it. Not making the same mistake twice.

Just release Hammerstein Ballroom Relapse Tour for fuck's sake. I will buy that and make my friends buy it as well.
That I would buy. Twice.

But then again, we already have the audio and the video of that show, so ... we can consider ourselves kinda lucky

Matz

#59 Post by Matz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:37 pm

no, extremely lucky

NYRexall

#60 Post by NYRexall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Mescal wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Then again, I didn't buy TGEA on vinyl either, though I did hold it in my hand and gave it a second thought.
You aren't missing anything. There is no lyric sheet or lyric insert of any kind. Just the vinyl in a sleeve.

And a download card so you can keep the audio files after you come to your senses and toss the vinyl.

CaseyContrarian

#61 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Crap, posted on wrong thread. But I think it's hilarious that the super-popular Metalsucks site is running a contest to win the vinyl and DVD. They have a highly active comments section, but for this giveaway, "comments are turned off."

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/06/18/co ... r-blu-ray/

NYRexall

#62 Post by NYRexall » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Perry: Hello, is this metalsucks.net?

MS: Yes. Who's calling?

PF: This is Perry Farrell!

MS: Who?

PF: Perry Farrell, leader of Satellite Part and PerryEtty and DJ Peretz.

MS: Who?

PF: Jane's Addiction?

MS: Oh yea. What's up?

PF: I was wondering how much your site would like to run a contest to win our new live cd/dvd?

MS: Is there even an interest for that sort of thing?

PF: Trust me, there's interest. It's not like our fans are lining up for the '97 Hammerstein show or anything.

MS: Fans?

PF: You know what I mean. So how about it?

MS: Throw in some free Dobels for our staff and we'll think about it.

PF: Deal. But you HAVE to turn the comments section off when you run the contest header, okay?

MS: I doubt anyone is going to even bother clicking anyway, to be honest.

PF: Look if you want the Dobels -- and the honor of hocking our latest release -- you gotta turn the comments section off, okay?

MS: Fine. Just make sure the tequila gets here ahead of the giveaways.

JOEinPHX

#63 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:10 am

I love that I am no longer the only one who types of hypothetical conversations between band members. :lol:

Tyler Durden

#64 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 am

Six7Six7 wrote:I love that I am no longer the only one who types of hypothetical conversations between band members. :lol:
[Conference call between members of Jane's Addiction]

Perry: Hey guys, I think it's time we released some new Jane's product for Mike and our 8 other remaining die hard fans.

Dave: Y'mean like record new music? Uhhh...I have to be in the studio next week to record a guitar solo on a Carrie Underwood track. Besides, I made more money off shooting one episode of Ink Master than I did off of all of the time it took to record The Great Escape Artist.

Perk: Who is going to help us write songs? Who did you get this time, Perry? Weiland? One of the guys from Deftones?

Perry: I'm still working on that. Etty and I are working on some lyrics and melodies. I might send them to the guys from Fun, so they can make them sound more badass.

Perk: I really wish you didn't fuck things up with Trent and Eric.

Chaney: ...

Etty: I heard that, Stephen! Don't talk to my hubby that way!

Dave: Why don't we release a live album so we don't have to write anything new?

Perk: Yeah! I have some great shows on DAT...like the Hammersmith show from '97 and--

Etty: But that was when Perry was still singing I Would For You and Classic Girl. And I wasn't singing backup then!

Perry: Yeah guys, we need to release a recent show. Remember, Etty gets Eric's 12.5% now...so she really does deserve a say in this.

Stephen : {hangs up]
Dave: [hangs up]

Etty: Great! That New York LG show was tops!

Perry and Etty: [hangs up]

Chaney: Hello?

Essence_Smith

#65 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:05 pm

You guys aren't real Jane's Addiction fans...the problem is not Jane's, the problem is fans like you...

That was me channeling Hoka about 10-11 years ago...kidding, but no I saw this show and no way I'd buy it...a dvd of them at their peak is the only thing that would sell to the few fans willing to pay...

NYRexall

#66 Post by NYRexall » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:I love that I am no longer the only one who types of hypothetical conversations between band members. :lol:
[Conference call between members of Jane's Addiction]

Perry: Hey guys, I think it's time we released some new Jane's product for Mike and our 8 other remaining die hard fans.

Dave: Y'mean like record new music? Uhhh...I have to be in the studio next week to record a guitar solo on a Carrie Underwood track. Besides, I made more money off shooting one episode of Ink Master than I did off of all of the time it took to record The Great Escape Artist.

Perk: Who is going to help us write songs? Who did you get this time, Perry? Weiland? One of the guys from Deftones?

Perry: I'm still working on that. Etty and I are working on some lyrics and melodies. I might send them to the guys from Fun, so they can make them sound more badass.

Perk: I really wish you didn't fuck things up with Trent and Eric.

Chaney: ...

Etty: I heard that, Stephen! Don't talk to my hubby that way!

Dave: Why don't we release a live album so we don't have to write anything new?

Perk: Yeah! I have some great shows on DAT...like the Hammersmith show from '97 and--

Etty: But that was when Perry was still singing I Would For You and Classic Girl. And I wasn't singing backup then!

Perry: Yeah guys, we need to release a recent show. Remember, Etty gets Eric's 12.5% now...so she really does deserve a say in this.

Stephen : {hangs up]
Dave: [hangs up]

Etty: Great! That New York LG show was tops!

Perry and Etty: [hangs up]

Chaney: Hello?
That's excellent. Except you forgot one crucial piece of the conversation...

Jane's manager: I wonder if the same 40 people who were fool enough to purchase TGEA will buy this one?

Chaney: I'm all for recording new...

Perry, Etty, Stephen, Dave, Jane's manager: SHUT UP, STAND IN!! NOT ANOTHER WORD.

NYRexall

#67 Post by NYRexall » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm

You're good at this, Tyler. Any chance you could do a Perry/audience Q&A mock-up over in that thread about his upcoming electronica album?

Noonesshocking

#68 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:14 pm

I am still absolutely amazed they are trying to sell something THAT HAS BEEN AVAILABLE FOR FREE FOR TWO YEARS ON THE INTERNET.

And not even free in an exclusive fan circle. Like the whole point of the concert originally was literally to put it on YouTube. Which blows my mind even more because in addition to expecting people to pay money for it, they are implicitly assuming the buyer will go through the effort of walking over to their DVD player and putting it in and setting up any necessary sound and video options. All one has to do on YouTube is type "janes addiction lg" in the search and - voilà!

Tyler Durden

#69 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:I am still absolutely amazed they are trying to sell something THAT HAS BEEN AVAILABLE FOR FREE FOR TWO YEARS ON THE INTERNET.

And not even free in an exclusive fan circle. Like the whole point of the concert originally was literally to put it on YouTube. Which blows my mind even more because in addition to expecting people to pay money for it, they are implicitly assuming the buyer will go through the effort of walking over to their DVD player and putting it in and setting up any necessary sound and video options. All one has to do on YouTube is type "janes addiction lg" in the search and - voilà!
More so than that, it's just not a good show. Even if it wasn't available on YouTube, I would never buy this. I watched a couple of clips from it online out of curiosity but that is it. I have no desire to watch this for free, let alone to pay to see it.

NYRexall

#70 Post by NYRexall » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Which one of you ANR denizens took the time to make a Wikipedia page for it? Their first live release since 1987? There was the 1990 Palladium show in COC and Live Voodoo in 2010 :noclue:

kv

#71 Post by kv » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

NYRexall wrote:Which one of you ANR denizens took the time to make a Wikipedia page for it? Their first live release since 1987? There was the 1990 Palladium show in COC and Live Voodoo in 2010 :noclue:
that would prob be http://janesaddiction.org/ people

Juana

#72 Post by Juana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:58 pm

So I was offered a free vinyl of it and I turned it down in order to get the new Transplants record instead.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#73 Post by Hokahey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Juana wrote:So I was offered a free vinyl of it and I turned it down in order to get the new Transplants record instead.
Shit I'd take the vinyl free. How'd you get that offered?

Juana

#74 Post by Juana » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:46 pm

hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:So I was offered a free vinyl of it and I turned it down in order to get the new Transplants record instead.
Shit I'd take the vinyl free. How'd you get that offered?
Friend of mine owns a record store in San Marcos just south of Austin.

Still has artists come perform and do in stores and shit. Also it used to be this place called Sundance and when the old owner sold it to the new one they remodeled but its all still the same staff from the old owner.