Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Romeo

Re: Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

#121 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 pm

chaos wrote:
creep wrote: i can't see us coming here when we are 60yrs old bitching about the new perryetty christmas album.
No, but we will come here to talk about deodorant, cruelty free shampoo, lunch, etc, as well as to have occasional meltdowns followed by the community analyses of said meltdowns. :lol: :banana:
and bman coming on to state the PerryEtty Christmas show was the best ever.

:hehe: :wink:

trevor ayer

#122 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm

I got nothing bad to say about Eric and Handsome Mike. I go there if I am feeling especially excited about Jane's Addiction. I go here if I want to complain about them. It is a nice option. Sonny has the trading cred of a shit like Feek. I gave him something rare and he would not return the favor. He was a real Eric ass kisser too, so my opinion about how Eric was as much of a douche as the rest of Jane's, pissed him off at the time. If I posted my own thread it got deleted at Xiola. Even so I think he is a little more reasonable with his critiques and I was not invested enough to pay much attention to all the drama. I do agree with Sonny about the whole point of these forums. I come here mostly to read about Jane's Addiction. If something even mildly amusing occurs in the Jane's world ANR / Xiola would have it posted. I don't care about the other topics, but it's fun to look around when Jane's news is slow. I enjoy Sonny's perspective more than some of the posters around here. I think he is less likely to have a pissing match than most. I wouldn't bother if there was no Jane's news here. Jane's Addiction will always have fans because those first 3 records are classic. Plus the PFP is just as good. Even tho Page / Plant material is week, people still get into Zep, so I am sure another generation will come around. I totally appreciate Creep and Hoka keeping this going, even if it is a pain in the ass sometimes.

cricket_bows

#123 Post by cricket_bows » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
creep wrote: i can't see us coming here when we are 60yrs old bitching about the new perryetty christmas album.
The PerryEtty Christmas album will be along much sooner than that...2015 at the latest.
From your lips to God's ears.

JOEinPHX

#124 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Someone.... oh god.... please someone tweet Perry and ask for a christmas album.

He'll do it! He'll totally do it! :lol:

MYXYLPLYX

#125 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:00 pm

:confused:

But... he's Jewish?

creep
Site Admin

#126 Post by creep » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:04 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote::confused:

But... he's Jewish?
shit!

good point. i didn't even think of that.

this probably wouldn't sell as well but add etty to it and it could be the next viral hit.

nausearockpig

#127 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:19 pm

But... he's Jewish?
I'm not sure that he's too fussed in the distinction. After all on the recording of Pete's Dad on the Sadness single, he tells the crowd that the song is their Christmas song...

Pandemonium

#128 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

nausearockpig wrote:

But... he's Jewish?
I'm not sure that he's too fussed in the distinction. After all on the recording of Pete's Dad on the Sadness single, he tells the crowd that the song is their Christmas song...
I think my wife who's Jewish, married me just so she could celebrate Christmas and have the tree in the living room every year.

nausearockpig

#129 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

But... he's Jewish?
I think my wife who's Jewish, married me just so she could celebrate Christmas and have the tree in the living room every year.
They ARE nice trees...

creep
Site Admin

#130 Post by creep » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

But... he's Jewish?
They ARE nice trees...
how can you guys actually celebrate christmas when it's in the middle of summer? it makes no sense.

speaking of christmas i saw christmas stuff in lowes today. isn't it a little early to buy christmas stuff?

nausearockpig

#131 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:29 am

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

But... he's Jewish?
They ARE nice trees...
how can you guys actually celebrate christmas when it's in the middle of summer? it makes no sense.

speaking of christmas i saw christmas stuff in lowes today. isn't it a little early to buy christmas stuff?
it's rad, you go to your mates' or if you have to, family's houses, sit in the pool or blow up pool, drink beers, have bbqs and generally have a blast. fuck cold Christmases, that's unnatural, and I might add, unAustralian.....

Larry B.

#132 Post by Larry B. » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:49 am

When I was a kid I always thought it would be weird, spending a winter christmas. Here it's in the middle of summer vacations, which go from December to March, so I couldn't get my head around the fact that one or two weeks after christmas you'd have to go back to school. Seemed the cruelest thing in the world.

Romeo

#133 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:26 am

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:

But... he's Jewish?
They ARE nice trees...

Hey Hey Hey....
Jesus was born in a desert. So we should have sand & heat & palm trees

Currier & Ives made it all about snow! Even the Christmas trees were stolen from the Pagans

Mescal

#134 Post by Mescal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 am

Handsome Mike sent me the 5 disc Cabinet of Curiosities from Best Buy. Because, we don't have best buy in Belgium.

I thought that was a very friendly thing to do. So, Mike, thanks again!

perkana

#135 Post by perkana » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 am

creep wrote: speaking of christmas i saw christmas stuff in lowes today. isn't it a little early to buy christmas stuff?
They sell Christmas stuff at Costco and Home Depot since August for years now

creep
Site Admin

#136 Post by creep » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:56 am

perkana wrote:
creep wrote: speaking of christmas i saw christmas stuff in lowes today. isn't it a little early to buy christmas stuff?
They sell Christmas stuff at Costco and Home Depot since August for years now
oh...never noticed. i figured they would get through halloween first.

sonny

#137 Post by sonny » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 pm

hokahey wrote:
kv wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
kv wrote:this is where you should post sonny :nod:
It's like you said "Beatlejuice" three times.
feel bad i said it sonny came out spoke from his heart and hoka jumped all over him
When Sonny can grow up and post without reminding everyone how much better Xiola was and how we'll never be as wonderful as his ultimate creation I'll give him a pass.

I couldn't care less about measuring penises. But good lord. The guy disappears for like a year, and comes back still riding that high horse.

He's a sad little man with a superiority complex, masked with smugness.

And I'm not going to bite my tongue just because he ran a Jane's board and said "y'all" a bunch to Eric Avery.
i was only responding to someone that said something about my initial prediction about this board, when i said it will never be xiola.org. i never said one was better or not.

xiola.org was mainly about jane's addiction for me. this board is not. for that reason i don't really want to participate in the various discussions. some of this stuff went on at xiola.org, but it was never the reason i ran the site or visited.

so don't misunderstand what i was saying by inserting "wonderful" or other "superiority" words to slant what i actually said.

what is great here and what was great about xiola.org is completely subjective. i'm sure mike and erik think ja.org has the superior board. it serves their interest.

the era with which i ran xiola.org was one of hope for a band we loved. we had some controversial contact with the band.

hoka seems quickly offended. that was not my intention. as you can see when i post, things get ugly with very old feelings. i've moved on from jane's addiction and xiola.org. i visit this site from time to time, for nostalgia only. most of the folks i interacted with are on facebook or twitter or instagram.

in the spirit of discussion, i was extremely disappointed in eric avery's decision to quite NIN. it seemed like a cop-out or a cover for the real reason. sorta like when politicians quit to spend more time with their family. for someone who was so honest about jane's addiction, it seemed like a flimsy reason to quit a challenging role.

anyway, i'm sure etty has complained about something or dave did blah or perry's teeth are straight or perkins is trying to make jane's into aerosmith. old arguments abound. :tiphat:

Pure Method

#138 Post by Pure Method » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Sonny,

I do believe people were talking about your "prediction" that this place would crash and burn quickly - one I remember you making - not that this place wouldn't be xiola. But oh well. water under the bridge. :wiggle:

bman

#139 Post by bman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 pm

I don't care about the Drama. I like this board. I care about this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCvy0oCkRU
:aoa:

Pandemonium

#140 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:21 pm

sonny wrote: in the spirit of discussion, i was extremely disappointed in eric avery's decision to quite NIN. it seemed like a cop-out or a cover for the real reason. sorta like when politicians quit to spend more time with their family. for someone who was so honest about jane's addiction, it seemed like a flimsy reason to quit a challenging role.
I agree to a point. Just going strictly on what was said by Eric and Reznor, I think Trent reached out to him when Reznor first decided to put together a touring band and Eric didn't think it through and agreed before knowing or understanding the full scope both musically and logistically what the tour would encompass. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that basic explanation fits Erics typical lifetime MO - meaning he bails at his convenience, he doesn't stick around a gig for months or years past his time he feels he's done with it. Looking at how the current band presents itself live, I don't think Eric would have been a good fit unlike if he had been a part of NIN in any of the last decade's lineups.

Jasper

#141 Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

But... he's Jewish?
Irving Berlin wrote White Christmas. Mel Tormé co-wrote The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...). Mel even recorded an entire Christmas album. So did David Grisman. So did Barbra Streisand. So did Phil Spector, Neil Diamond, Harry Connick Jr., Carole King, Barry Manilow, Bob Dylan, and Kenny G.

Source for the last part of that list:
If there’s anything a Jew knows how to do, it’s embrace a moneymaking opportunity. Even if it does involve selling schmaltz to the goyim.
http://www.jewcy.com/arts-and-culture/t ... _made_jews

Romeo

#142 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 am

we jews are musical people! :banana:

not great athletes but musical

Essence_Smith

#143 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 am

Pure Method wrote:Sonny,

I do believe people were talking about your "prediction" that this place would crash and burn quickly - one I remember you making - not that this place wouldn't be xiola. But oh well. water under the bridge. :wiggle:
If we continued interacting with one another the way we were doing collectively at the time xiola went down it would have crashed and burned quickly...it was like the east coast west coast rap wars in the 90's over there...somebody woulda got hurt... :lol:
Much better vibes amongst us these days...I thinking watching that board die contributed to that...

Hype

#144 Post by Hype » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:31 am

Romeo wrote:we jews are musical people! :banana:

not great athletes but musical
Yeah that Sandy Koufax was a hell of a violinist. I heard him and Itzhak Perlman do a wicked duet version of Ziguenerweisen one time. :rockon: :lol:

Romeo

#145 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm

If you compare the lists of Jewish Athletes to Jewish Musicians

Musicians win

For example:
Jewish Baseball players, current & retired

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... lltoc.html

Jewish American (only) musicians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:J ... _musicians

Boom! :banana: