kv

Re: Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

#81 Post by kv » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:52 pm

wow

Larry B.

#82 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

hokahey wrote:
bman wrote:Whatever happened to Hypersonic?
:confused:
I guess he didn't hear about the whole sex change, new life thing. Can't blame him, it's not like people are comfortable talking about it.

Tyler Durden

#83 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Larry B. wrote:
hokahey wrote:
I guess he didn't hear about the whole sex change, new life thing. Can't blame him, it's not like people are comfortable talking about it.
He changed name to Spinoza, had reconstructive surgery to look like Marge Simpson, and is now on the road as a Gogo Bordello groupie.

Essence_Smith

#84 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
hokahey wrote:
He changed name to Spinoza, had reconstructive surgery to look like Marge Simpson, and is now on the road as a Gogo Bordello groupie.
Don't give him any ideas...he's still Hype in my mind regardless of what handle he uses now... :nod:

sonny

#85 Post by sonny » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 am

i still lurk around here.

i tend to disagree with quite a bit, so i just stay out of it.

i can't control how people perceive me.

it doesn't bother me that this board is still going, it's about what i thought it would be. it's not xiola.org and it never will be. i'm not sure anyone even knows it exist beyond the tiny group here. i think most still here are very satisfied with what you have here, but this wouldn't have been enough for me to keep running xiola.org. the subject matter xiola.org had just isn't available anymore and there's no one to poke at the band to do the right thing anymore.

xiola.org was always about jane's addiction for me. i'm sure it stopped being that for some at different times, but when it stopped being about jane's addiction for me, there was no need to continue.

with hindsight some are finally realizing that last album sucked and stained jane's addiction's legacy so bad, it may never recover. perry farrell is a joke, he has been for years now and most of us know this.

i can't think of a band or artist who has gone more astray than jane's addiction and i feel like a fool for holding out hope that this band wasn't just a fluke.

jane's addiction was an important part of my youth and i was deeply passionate about them for longer than i should've been. which is the reason you got long rants, emotion and drama. that was my true feelings about the band or other problems. it wasn't a measured response to maintain some kind of internet cool, it was really how i felt.

i regret running the site for as long as i did. if i had it all to do over again, i wouldn't. people i thought were like minded and often sent supporting words via private messages, quickly moved on to licking other asses. it should've been obvious to me, but it wasn't.

i'm around from time to time, not every day or every week. every once in a while i'll see an old photo or interview and it reminds of a band that doesn't exist anymore.

so i can be a silent cog, but i'm not gonna discuss Coach Kiffin's current failures or weather or listening to. it's just not interesting to me.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#86 Post by Hokahey » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 am

:lol:

Never change Sony.

Never change.

sonny

#87 Post by sonny » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:31 am

hokahey wrote::lol:

Never change Sony.

Never change.
ok :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#88 Post by Hokahey » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:11 pm

sonny wrote:it doesn't bother me that this board is still going, it's about what i thought it would be. it's not xiola.org and it never will be. i'm not sure anyone even knows it exist beyond the tiny group here.
First of all, who asked you? Second of all, you sound like a bitter little man. Third, you're right, it's not Xiola and never will be because we're not all waiting for you to get your period the 3rd week of every month and shut down the board.
so i can be a silent cog, but i'm not gonna discuss Coach Kiffin's current failures or weather or listening to. it's just not interesting to me.
Who cares? That's what the majority of any Jane's board has been for a very, very long time, minus the occasional spurt of activity and discussion and band bashing.

You seem to view this place as some unworthy successor to your magnum opus of jane's boards, where as the rest of us just wanted a place to hang out without worrying about your melt downs.

No one cares Sony. No one cares.

Larry B.

#89 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm

I used to visit this awesome Green Day board and it was awesome. Everyone was awesome, basically because Green Day was awesome, much better than many other bands, especially NIN and Van Halen (just to name a few.) Billie Joe Armstrong is a makeup genius.

I don't care what you say, Hoka. Green Day rules.

Pandemonium

#90 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

kv wrote:this is where you should post sonny :nod:
It's like you said "Beatlejuice" three times.

Juana

#91 Post by Juana » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 pm

sonny wrote:i still lurk around here.

Coach Kiffin is probably Jane's manager these days the way they're going. As for the other stuff I'm glad you ran the site as long as you did, I have now been part of the Jane's boards for a long time because of it. But honestly I rarely went to xiola for Jane's stuff, I would see the new threads but I spent most of my time in the other threads just like here. The band is not what keeps people coming back and really hasn't since they split after Strays. Its the members of the board and the online community and for me that is why I posted on xiola.

As for uninteresting topics, start an interesting one. Surely the ONLY thing you had in common with the people that posted on your site wasn't Jane's.

bman

#92 Post by bman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 pm

I honestly don't give a fuck who runs the site. I come to this one b/c it's active. Mike's site is not active at all to say the least. I've been posting on Jane's sites since 2000. If this one has a meltdown, I'll move on to the next one. Xiola.org was great but who the fuck cares. It's just a site and outside of 20 people, not one person will ever remember it or give a shit about it!

sinep

#93 Post by sinep » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi sonny. Ive missed you. Hows life? Whats new? What have you been up to?

JOEinPHX

#94 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 pm

hi sonny.

You should drop by more often. We miss you. :tiphat:

kv

#95 Post by kv » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
feel bad i said it sonny came out spoke from his heart and hoka jumped all over him

Essence_Smith

#96 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:17 am

kv wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
feel bad i said it sonny came out spoke from his heart and hoka jumped all over him
Don't feel bad cause Hoka decided to be a Richard about it...I appreciate anyone who takes the time to run these boards, but I always enjoyed Sonny shooting from the hip and I do miss hearing his take on things...it had to be a tougher place to run than here is...xiola clearly was different because people approached it with a particular recklessness...I look at it like how JA used to be...ya never knew what was gonna happen and there weren't any real rules aside from try not to piss Sonny off... :lol:

All that being said...I think from day one people conducted themselves in a much more adult fashion than they did at xiola...I think it's in part by how Sonny decided to end that site...for what it's worth I think xiola was truly a JA site whereas this is a place a bunch of old jaded JA fans who've been chatting for YEARS come to continue communicating with one another...we sometimes talk shit about JA but as Hoka says it has gone beyond just being about JA for a long time now...

@Sonny: I appreciate how you feel, but there's NO ass licking going on here my friend...appreciate the fact that through your act of keeping that site around for as long as you did, you helped a lot of us build relationships and friendships that carried over into "real life"...that's a great thing...

@Hoka: we definitely don't always see eye to eye but I can appreciate your perspective from time to time & the fact that you and creep have kept this going is great...I realize you and Sonny have a history that plays into your response but don't speak for all of us by stating that no one cares how Sonny feels cause that isn't necessarily true...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#97 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:18 am

kv wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
When Sonny can grow up and post without reminding everyone how much better Xiola was and how we'll never be as wonderful as his ultimate creation I'll give him a pass.

I couldn't care less about measuring penises. But good lord. The guy disappears for like a year, and comes back still riding that high horse.

He's a sad little man with a superiority complex, masked with smugness.

And I'm not going to bite my tongue just because he ran a Jane's board and said "y'all" a bunch to Eric Avery.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#98 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 am

Essence_Smith wrote: @Hoka: we definitely don't always see eye to eye but I can appreciate your perspective from time to time & the fact that you and creep have kept this going is great...I realize you and Sonny have a history that plays into your response but don't speak for all of us by stating that no one cares how Sonny feels cause that isn't necessarily true...
If we're being honest, you were a Sonny fan boy from way back in the day, which always flavored your responses to me and viewpoints regarding what I had to say. Deny it all you like, but when all you knew of me was what Sonny would say on his board, anything I posted was met with some snarky response. You were the ultimate rah rah let's go team guy when Sonny was doing everything possible to wage some childish war against ANR.com.

So I would never expect anything from you but perhaps false pleasantries.

And "no one cares" is a figure of speech. I expect people are smart enough to understand I don't speak on behalf of every last person here.

Which is why you have a "post a reply" button.

Essence_Smith

#99 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 am

hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote: @Hoka: we definitely don't always see eye to eye but I can appreciate your perspective from time to time & the fact that you and creep have kept this going is great...I realize you and Sonny have a history that plays into your response but don't speak for all of us by stating that no one cares how Sonny feels cause that isn't necessarily true...
If we're being honest, you were a Sonny fan boy from way back in the day, which always flavored your responses to me and viewpoints regarding what I had to say. Deny it all you like, but when all you knew of me was what Sonny would say on his board, anything I posted was met with some snarky response. You were the ultimate rah rah let's go team guy when Sonny was doing everything possible to wage some childish war against ANR.com.

So I would never expect anything from you but perhaps false pleasantries.

And "no one cares" is a figure of speech. I expect people are smart enough to understand I don't speak on behalf of every last person here.

Which is why you have a "post a reply" button.
I don't have to be pleasant with you if the sentiment isn't sincere...I'm a grown ass man as are you...so yes I honestly appreciate your efforts here. As for the rest, you are the one sounding bitter here man. I'll admit to my share of smart ass marks directed your way...around TEN YEARS AGO... since then I've done my best to show respect for your point of view regardless of if I agree with you or not. While you're calling me a "fan boy" like it's 2003...nice...I sincerely appreciate you and creep keeping the board around, it helps me keep in touch with a number of people here I've made friends with personally over the years all of who will attest to the fact that I have a fair amount of class...so thanks again... :wave:

kv

#100 Post by kv » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 am

hoka off the deep end...you can bash sonny but looks like someone else has some pent up rage they should have let go a year ago....

Hokahey
Site Admin

#101 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Don't feel bad cause Hoka decided to be a Richard about it...
I have a fair amount of class...
You came in calling me a dick without me saying a word to you. Classy.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#102 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

kv wrote:hoka off the deep end...you can bash sonny but looks like someone else has some pent up rage they should have let go a year ago....
If you don't see Sonny being his typical smug self regarding what we've done here then so be it. I see the same words he has written all along that were once met with rebuke. If your feelings have changed regarding Sonny's attitude towards this board that's great. But I see the same negativity, and I responded in kind.

Essence politely called me a dick, sticking up for Sonny (per usual), and I responded in kind.

When behaviors remain unchanged from years ago, I respond accordingly.

Essence_Smith

#103 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 am

hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Don't feel bad cause Hoka decided to be a Richard about it...
I said a "fair" amount...I am still a New York guy and I call it as I see...take the high road when you can...I WAS being polite...now I'll just say you were being a dick...we can all agree to disagree without being that way with one another I think.
kv wrote:hoka off the deep end...you can bash sonny but looks like someone else has some pent up rage they should have let go a year ago....
I think they're BOTH acting like bitter kids about this...and I get it...but I think enough time has passed where we can acknowledge the past without living in it...Larry doesn't like me and neither does Jasper and others I'm sure...and I'll still reference it from time to time but I'll be damned if my posts make it look like I'm still mad about it...there aren't too many here I have issues with, and we're all supposed to be older and smarter...
Last edited by Essence_Smith on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#104 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:40 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
hokahey wrote:
I said a "fair" amount...I am still a New York guy and I call it as I see...take the high road when you can...I WAS being polite...now I'll just say you were being a dick...we can all agree to disagree without being that way with one another I think...
I think they're BOTH acting like bitter kids about this...and I get it...but I think enough time has passed where we can acknowledge the past without living in it...Larry doesn't like me and neither does Jasper and others I'm sure...and I'll still reference it from time to time but I'll be damned if my posts make it look like I'm still mad about it...there aren't too many here I have issues with, and we're all supposed to be older and smarter...
Fair enough.

kv

#105 Post by kv » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 am

yep agree with ya ES, both hoka and sonny are acting like children...hurt children ( btw i see now why sonny won't post on the reg)

who wants hugs?

:gh: