Larry B.

Re: Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

#63 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 am

Nobody has met me :(

I'm a lonely legend.

Artemis

#64 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 am

okay larry b, i will go to chile to meet you for lunch. how is Wednesday at 1? :lol:

seriously though, i am interested to go to chile for holidays sometime.

Larry B.

#65 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 am

Artemis wrote:okay larry b, i will go to chile to meet you for lunch. how is Wednesday at 1? :lol:

Would be happy to receive you. I did mention that clothes are not allowed here, right?

Artemis

#66 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 am

Larry B. wrote:
Artemis wrote:okay larry b, i will go to chile to meet you for lunch. how is Wednesday at 1? :lol:

Would be happy to receive you. I did mention that clothes are not allowed here, right?
:lol: we canadians are too modest to walk around naked.

Pure Method

#67 Post by Pure Method » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll be in Santiago for 3 days in December, Larry :noclue:

clickie

#68 Post by clickie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:10 pm

I don't even think that dude Erik likes jane's addiction. He just saw an opportunity and kinda latched onto it as a hobby. The guys favorite bands are Moby, Garbage, and Smashmouth.

intertwoven

#69 Post by intertwoven » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:22 pm

clickie wrote:I don't even think that dude Erik likes jane's addiction. He just saw an opportunity and kinda latched onto it as a hobby. The guys favorite bands are Moby, Garbage, and Smashmouth.
Sisters Of Mercy, actually. Or Lords of the New Church.. I always get those 2 confused.

ja littlehelper

#70 Post by ja littlehelper » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:00 pm

intertwoven wrote:Once I did a tape trade with Sonny and all the tapes had an annoying buzz on them, obviously the fault of his stereo system, not the recordings. When confronted with this, he shrugged it off and did not replace the defective shows. I held a grudge for a while. In the pre-Flac days, traders/collectors were pretty competitive with their collections.
That's my Sonny story. Now we're FB friends and everything's fine.

As for Erik and Mike, well there was that one time that we all smoked PCP and blew each other while Ultra Payloaded filled the night air. What a crazy night that was! Mike pulled out one of Perry's pubs that he carries around in his wallet. It was still wet from saliva (don't ask). Then Erik fisted me while reciting the lyrics to "Wrong Girl". I've never cried so hard in all my life. But truth be told, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.
Sounds like a good time :bigrin:
Last edited by ja littlehelper on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clickie

#71 Post by clickie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:04 pm

One of the cdr's Sonny sent me had a huge glob of what appeared to be orange cheese from 7-11 nachos on the sleeve.

bman

#72 Post by bman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Did Sonny even see Jane's Addiction prior to Strays?

Matz

#73 Post by Matz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:45 pm

clickie wrote:One of the cdr's Sonny sent me had a huge glob of what appeared to be orange cheese from 7-11 nachos on the sleeve.
'

:lol:

kv

#74 Post by kv » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 am

bman wrote:Did Sonny even see Jane's Addiction prior to Strays?
i think so

Bandit72

#75 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:36 am

elbuitre wrote:Xiola was very dramatic and emotional, especially Sonny's homepage rants. At least it was passionate though. I was surprised when I saw Sonny in the Eric interviews, he seemed far more chilled-out than I had expected.

ANR.com was cool for a while but it always felt a bit too fanboy-led. Xiola was the one the band looked at and it therefore had more kudos.
I'm sure Dave blocked me from Twitter because of my handle. He'd obviously read Xiola a bit and just assumed I slagged him/the band off, which was never the case. I've only really made musical criticism.

Pandemonium

#76 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 am

intertwoven wrote:
clickie wrote:I don't even think that dude Erik likes jane's addiction. He just saw an opportunity and kinda latched onto it as a hobby. The guys favorite bands are Moby, Garbage, and Smashmouth.
Sisters Of Mercy, actually. Or Lords of the New Church.. I always get those 2 confused.
Dude......

MYXYLPLYX

#77 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 am

kv wrote:
bman wrote:Did Sonny even see Jane's Addiction prior to Strays?
i think so

I want to say he saw them at the Atlanta Lollapalooza in '91, because wasn't he always looking for that show?

:hs: :noclue:

perkana

#78 Post by perkana » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:53 am

Bandit72 wrote:
elbuitre wrote:Xiola was very dramatic and emotional, especially Sonny's homepage rants. At least it was passionate though. I was surprised when I saw Sonny in the Eric interviews, he seemed far more chilled-out than I had expected.

ANR.com was cool for a while but it always felt a bit too fanboy-led. Xiola was the one the band looked at and it therefore had more kudos.
I'm sure Dave blocked me from Twitter because of my handle. He'd obviously read Xiola a bit and just assumed I slagged him/the band off, which was never the case. I've only really made musical criticism.
just had to check, he hasn't blocked me yet even though I'm not a regular crazy fan or whore

bman

#79 Post by bman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Whatever happened to Alien on Acid and Hypersonic, what about Justin from Justin's Jane's Addiction page! Did he ever make it to one of the sites?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#80 Post by Hokahey » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:39 pm

bman wrote:Whatever happened to Hypersonic?
:confused:

kv

#81 Post by kv » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:52 pm

wow

Larry B.

#82 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

hokahey wrote:
I guess he didn't hear about the whole sex change, new life thing. Can't blame him, it's not like people are comfortable talking about it.

Tyler Durden

#83 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Larry B. wrote:
hokahey wrote:
I guess he didn't hear about the whole sex change, new life thing. Can't blame him, it's not like people are comfortable talking about it.
He changed name to Spinoza, had reconstructive surgery to look like Marge Simpson, and is now on the road as a Gogo Bordello groupie.

Essence_Smith

#84 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
hokahey wrote:
He changed name to Spinoza, had reconstructive surgery to look like Marge Simpson, and is now on the road as a Gogo Bordello groupie.
Don't give him any ideas...he's still Hype in my mind regardless of what handle he uses now... :nod:

sonny

#85 Post by sonny » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 am

i still lurk around here.

i tend to disagree with quite a bit, so i just stay out of it.

i can't control how people perceive me.

it doesn't bother me that this board is still going, it's about what i thought it would be. it's not xiola.org and it never will be. i'm not sure anyone even knows it exist beyond the tiny group here. i think most still here are very satisfied with what you have here, but this wouldn't have been enough for me to keep running xiola.org. the subject matter xiola.org had just isn't available anymore and there's no one to poke at the band to do the right thing anymore.

xiola.org was always about jane's addiction for me. i'm sure it stopped being that for some at different times, but when it stopped being about jane's addiction for me, there was no need to continue.

with hindsight some are finally realizing that last album sucked and stained jane's addiction's legacy so bad, it may never recover. perry farrell is a joke, he has been for years now and most of us know this.

i can't think of a band or artist who has gone more astray than jane's addiction and i feel like a fool for holding out hope that this band wasn't just a fluke.

jane's addiction was an important part of my youth and i was deeply passionate about them for longer than i should've been. which is the reason you got long rants, emotion and drama. that was my true feelings about the band or other problems. it wasn't a measured response to maintain some kind of internet cool, it was really how i felt.

i regret running the site for as long as i did. if i had it all to do over again, i wouldn't. people i thought were like minded and often sent supporting words via private messages, quickly moved on to licking other asses. it should've been obvious to me, but it wasn't.

i'm around from time to time, not every day or every week. every once in a while i'll see an old photo or interview and it reminds of a band that doesn't exist anymore.

so i can be a silent cog, but i'm not gonna discuss Coach Kiffin's current failures or weather or listening to. it's just not interesting to me.