Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

#21 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:34 pm

I don't remember, sorry. I was an alcoholic back then. My memory of 2005-2010 is pretty much non-existent. :noclue:

NYRexall

#22 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 pm

That takes some skill, getting banned on the Panic Channel board.

Sonny was cool in my book. He ran a great fan community for a long time. And he landed that EA interview, which pissed the band off eternally. I see him lurking here sometimes. He should weigh in more often.

NYRexall

#23 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:03 pm

HEY HOKA

I know you've got some good stories to share here. Come sit around the fire with the rest of the group and regale us :lol:

perkana

#24 Post by perkana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:08 pm

kv wrote:
elbuitre wrote: Xiola was the one the band looked at and it therefore had more kudos.
THE BAND LOOKED AT 1% AND OLD ANR AS WELL AS XIOLA....caps blahhhh
I used to lurk ANR and xiola, out of the two, even though you made me laugh a lot, I was kinda scared of you too :lol: re: ANR people
I have to confess that I never had a problem changing boards, actually I was also part of the most despised board.

kv

#25 Post by kv » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:13 pm

as for sonny, i think his pride gets in his way of posting here...he said this site would fail...prob hard for him to just be a cog in the machine instead of the one in power...would be cool if he posted more though

kv

#26 Post by kv » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:19 pm

aww perk...well i was way more of a full on troll back then...."interwebz who cares? whats it matter?" but now that the internet is full of people like that i get that i was (still am to a lesser degree) a douche...but my guard is full on down at these sites after all this time...jane's sites are the only sites i ever really posted much at and i pull very few punches around here i call it as i see it...especially when people are dicks to the masses here out of no where...i am very hard on new members that do that because someone has to and there are a ton of very nice people here who will just put up with it.

i know my sense of humor is very dry and comes off very straight forward when often it is very tongue in cheek and even more so in text then face to face...i've said this before but i can't count the amount of my friends who've said they hated me when they first met me before they "got" me.

:dunce:

why am i explaining myself?

fuck you all

NYRexall

#27 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 pm

kv wrote: i know my sense of humor is very dry and comes off very straight forward when often it is very tongue in cheek and even more so in text then face to face...
Take some of your own advice, squirt. This is exactly the same criticism/misunderstanding you level at me around here. I take it in stride because I understand that you don't know me and you're only going off what I post. That's my fault, not yours. Even when I tell you what a douche you are, it's a term of endearment, really. You being a douche or thinking I'm a douche doesn't bother me :noclue:

kv

#28 Post by kv » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:34 pm

i didn't give advice and don't worry i def still think you are a douche

JOEinPHX

#29 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 pm

kv wrote:as for sonny, i think his pride gets in his way of posting here...he said this site would fail...prob hard for him to just be a cog in the machine instead of the one in power...would be cool if he posted more though
The 2 times he came back he was a bitter asshole who did nothing but try to fight with everyone.

I hope the next time he shows up it's under more positive circumstances.

intertwoven

#30 Post by intertwoven » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Once I did a tape trade with Sonny and all the tapes had an annoying buzz on them, obviously the fault of his stereo system, not the recordings. When confronted with this, he shrugged it off and did not replace the defective shows. I held a grudge for a while. In the pre-Flac days, traders/collectors were pretty competitive with their collections.
That's my Sonny story. Now we're FB friends and everything's fine.

As for Erik and Mike, well there was that one time that we all smoked PCP and blew each other while Ultra Payloaded filled the night air. What a crazy night that was! Mike pulled out one of Perry's pubs that he carries around in his wallet. It was still wet from saliva (don't ask). Then Erik fisted me while reciting the lyrics to "Wrong Girl". I've never cried so hard in all my life. But truth be told, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

kv

#31 Post by kv » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:10 pm

of course you would

NYRexall

#32 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:21 pm

kv wrote:i didn't give advice and don't worry i def still think you are a douche
And I def still don't give a rip either way :lol:

kv

#33 Post by kv » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:38 pm

you cared enough to quite me twice :noclue:

Noonesshocking

#34 Post by Noonesshocking » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Would be cool if sonny came back and posted the extra footage from the ea interview. Apparently they just shot the shit about Jane's in general outside the 08-10 reunion. Would love to see that.

NYRexall

#35 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:51 pm

kv wrote:you cared enough to quite me twice :noclue:
You and creep really need to come up with something better than the whole "you must care because you replied" slant. It's super-lame.

Yea, obviously I care enough to engage in conversation with you and certain others here. It's a discussion board. The last time I blocked you and ignored you, you threw a tantrum about my alleged "censorship" of all things KV.

So while I guess I care enough to engage in dialogue with you about my alleged douchiness, I can assure you I'm not losing any sleep over it or having anything more than a laugh about it, emotionally. I'm certainly not going to alter my posting persona or whatever to appease you or a few others who want to judge what they don;t understand.

Especially when you're just as big a douche (if not bigger) and you've been doing it for far longer. Again, I'm not asking you to change because I don't care how you act or who you might be offline. I have zero problem with you whatsoever because you're just kind of there to me. Harmless, occasionally engaging, mostly a jackass.

You could say the same for me, I'm sure. I'm not trying to impress anybody :noclue:

kv

#36 Post by kv » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 pm

then don't say you don't care when you do :idea:

i think it's funny people would go to a jane's addiction site, a band who was censored, and block people...it has nothing to do with me...please by all means block away

you can go from thread to thread and read posts from others who are annoyed by you...where the only people i have issue with is you kaj because you guys came outa nowhere and were instant dicks..kaj has chilled a shit ton...you are still trying way too hard and every time you push someones buttons until they bite back it's always the same "oh you were annoyed? i was just playing" ya right.

done with this...nobody wants to read this back and forth....take some advice and chill out...i'll do the same

NYRexall

#37 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 pm

kv wrote:then don't say you don't care when you do :idea:

i think it's funny people would go to a jane's addiction site, a band who was censored, and block people...it has nothing to do with me...please by all means block away

you can go from thread to thread and read posts from others who are annoyed by you...where the only people i have issue with is you kaj because you guys came outa nowhere and were instant dicks..kaj has chilled a shit ton...you are still trying way too hard and every time you push someones buttons until they bite back it's always the same "oh you were annoyed? i was just playing" ya right.

done with this...nobody wants to read this back and forth....take some advice and chill out...i'll do the same
When have I ever gotten ass sore about somebody biting back at me? :lol:

I probably take more shit than anybody else on the board right now, and it's all taken in stride. If you and others are going to lose your shit over something a complete stranger is saying to you on a fucking message board, then that's lame beyond belief. Is that really all you have to bother you today? You poor thing!

Love how you keep interpreting it as "trying too hard" when it's clearly just me being who I am. You say I do care? So what else am I supposed to do when I get called out on something? Ignore it and walk away?

That actually sounds like a good idea. From now on, when someone fires back with a smart-ass remark I make or starts getting heated over something I post, I'll just laugh and ignore it. It will make things far less interesting but it will also be far less time-consuming And you won't be able to slum to your "You care! It's true!" argument either :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#38 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

I'll join whemI'm not drunk. Dat tailgate party tho!

Lets go Rams!

JOEinPHX

#39 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Rexy, calm yourself dude. If I can do it, you can too.

Let them bitch. Just continue on.

NYRexall

#40 Post by NYRexall » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Cooler than a fan, bro. Fuck all that noise

Juana

#41 Post by Juana » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:03 am

It's almost more fun when they're ruining the legacy.. this thread is awesome.

Kajicat

#42 Post by Kajicat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 am

Rexall, don't "calm" yourself.

I hate when people tell others to calm down on the internet, even though they're just writing in a normal fashion. Just because it's more than 3 sentences all of a sudden people feel they can tell someone to calm down.

Keep it going Rexall. :rockon: Say whatever the fuck is on your mind. Even if it's a paragraph or two. We're on a message board for fuck's sake...it's for reading.

JOEinPHX

#43 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 am

I just don't see how the continuous back and forth mud slinging is necessary.

But if you're entertained reading it then so be it.

Larry B.

#44 Post by Larry B. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 am

My favorite moment was when I won a signed lithography of Ritual de lo Habitual at Mike's board.

:rockon:

Essence_Smith

#45 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

Mike I met once in MD at the first Pete gathering...he seemed ok. He was pretty cool to me and left no impression that he was anything other than a cool guy. I've seen some obviously drunk postings years ago and imo it's clear that some people drink and post crazy shit...I've never really read too many of the back and forth things aside the ones directed at me...Erik was always decent with me too...I am pretty sure I can still post of their board...some of you KILL ME with how dramatic you can be...I take this whole thing FAR less seriously than I used to, but a guy should be able to point out when people are taking the "fight" to another level it doesn't need to be on...I don't have any fave erik and mike encounters but a few of my fave JA related board memories include:

Cona posting a poll of whether or not he should kill himself...then proceeding to post another 100+ pages of why he shouldn't take everyone's advice...

Me spending about 30 of those pages telling him to suck it up and that he was an attention seeking drama queen and everyone telling me I was being a dick about it...

The entire MD BBQ thread...killerlax did a great thing putting that into place...Pete is still the man...even though his board is a love fest, etc, at least the 20 of them get along really well...

AoA calling me out to fight in a thread and posting his work address...me taking the challenge and Ellis calling me on my cell to find out if I was actually on the street waiting for the fight...the speculation and remarks were superb...I had people calling me a complete nut...turns out he worked literally across the street from me all I did was take the elevator down...it's a small ass world...

Meeting zdilla in person...actually one of the nicest people I've ever met off these boards...clear that he has some issues, but definitely a nice kid...

Me Artemis and Ant meeting up in Brooklyn...GOOD TIMES...and I was offering the tour years before it became hip to visit...

The EA/Sonny interviews...say what you want about the guy (and even I didn't always agree with him), he ran that board during some rather "turbulent" times and was pretty fair about how he went about it...people intentionally came there to pop shit including band members and wives...we wouldn't be here today if he didn't keep it going so long...and the whole way people look at him now makes it clear to me that people tend to remember the final chapter of a book the best...

The whole NME night...that was an awesome night where pretty much everyone was positive before and after...definitely a good thing...

Many more good memories, those are off the top of my head...some of them are sarcastic obviously, but no mistakes about it, I do enjoy most of you people... :wave: