Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Juana

Re: Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

#41 Post by Juana » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:03 am

It's almost more fun when they're ruining the legacy.. this thread is awesome.

Kajicat

#42 Post by Kajicat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:30 am

Rexall, don't "calm" yourself.

I hate when people tell others to calm down on the internet, even though they're just writing in a normal fashion. Just because it's more than 3 sentences all of a sudden people feel they can tell someone to calm down.

Keep it going Rexall. :rockon: Say whatever the fuck is on your mind. Even if it's a paragraph or two. We're on a message board for fuck's sake...it's for reading.

JOEinPHX

#43 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 am

I just don't see how the continuous back and forth mud slinging is necessary.

But if you're entertained reading it then so be it.

Larry B.

#44 Post by Larry B. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 am

My favorite moment was when I won a signed lithography of Ritual de lo Habitual at Mike's board.

:rockon:

Essence_Smith

#45 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

Mike I met once in MD at the first Pete gathering...he seemed ok. He was pretty cool to me and left no impression that he was anything other than a cool guy. I've seen some obviously drunk postings years ago and imo it's clear that some people drink and post crazy shit...I've never really read too many of the back and forth things aside the ones directed at me...Erik was always decent with me too...I am pretty sure I can still post of their board...some of you KILL ME with how dramatic you can be...I take this whole thing FAR less seriously than I used to, but a guy should be able to point out when people are taking the "fight" to another level it doesn't need to be on...I don't have any fave erik and mike encounters but a few of my fave JA related board memories include:

Cona posting a poll of whether or not he should kill himself...then proceeding to post another 100+ pages of why he shouldn't take everyone's advice...

Me spending about 30 of those pages telling him to suck it up and that he was an attention seeking drama queen and everyone telling me I was being a dick about it...

The entire MD BBQ thread...killerlax did a great thing putting that into place...Pete is still the man...even though his board is a love fest, etc, at least the 20 of them get along really well...

AoA calling me out to fight in a thread and posting his work address...me taking the challenge and Ellis calling me on my cell to find out if I was actually on the street waiting for the fight...the speculation and remarks were superb...I had people calling me a complete nut...turns out he worked literally across the street from me all I did was take the elevator down...it's a small ass world...

Meeting zdilla in person...actually one of the nicest people I've ever met off these boards...clear that he has some issues, but definitely a nice kid...

Me Artemis and Ant meeting up in Brooklyn...GOOD TIMES...and I was offering the tour years before it became hip to visit...

The EA/Sonny interviews...say what you want about the guy (and even I didn't always agree with him), he ran that board during some rather "turbulent" times and was pretty fair about how he went about it...people intentionally came there to pop shit including band members and wives...we wouldn't be here today if he didn't keep it going so long...and the whole way people look at him now makes it clear to me that people tend to remember the final chapter of a book the best...

The whole NME night...that was an awesome night where pretty much everyone was positive before and after...definitely a good thing...

Many more good memories, those are off the top of my head...some of them are sarcastic obviously, but no mistakes about it, I do enjoy most of you people... :wave:

Tyler Durden

#46 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:47 am

My favourite moment was when someone referred to Sonny as "rotund".

blackula

#47 Post by blackula » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 am

Sonny's April fools joke on Eric A was quite memorable when he announced on Xiola that Jane's was releasing embrace the darkness on the upcoming twilight soundtrack and Eric fell for it.

perkana

#48 Post by perkana » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Essence_Smith wrote: The whole NME night...that was an awesome night where pretty much everyone was positive before and after...definitely a good thing...
That is one of my fondest memories too. I remember staying up late that night and when The Cure played Coachella.
Also, being at the airport and getting texts from some people who were excited as me to see Jane's with Eric at Lolla '09.

chaos

#49 Post by chaos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Essence_Smith wrote: AoA calling me out to fight in a thread and posting his work address...me taking the challenge and Ellis calling me on my cell to find out if I was actually on the street waiting for the fight...the speculation and remarks were superb...I had people calling me a complete nut...turns out he worked literally across the street from me all I did was take the elevator down...it's a small ass world...
Classic xiola thread. It was hysterical following it in real time. :lol:

Artemis

#50 Post by Artemis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 pm

What was going on when the Hello Kitty period was happening? I think that was when sonny and erik ran xiola together?? :hs:

I've hung out withe Erik a couple of times. We have some mutual friends in Michigan.

In response to an earlier post frome ES...

Yes, ES is a great tour guide. Hanging with ES and Ant in Brooklyn was really fun. I have some good memories for sure. :cool: :thumb:

kv

#51 Post by kv » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:28 pm

hello kitty was when erik was running it ...sonny had nothing to do with that

Artemis

#52 Post by Artemis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm

kv wrote:hello kitty was when erik was running it ...sonny had nothing to do with that
oh really? i thought it was like a co-ownership thing and they had a falling out. :noclue:

kv

#53 Post by kv » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:45 pm

ya sonny started up xiola again and erik made hello kitty pretty much to force everyone out

Tyler Durden

#54 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Wasn't there a My Chemical Romance themed Xiola board? :no:

Essence_Smith

#55 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Wasn't there a My Chemical Romance themed Xiola board? :no:
I think for like a day as a joke...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#56 Post by Hokahey » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

I met Mike in 05 before anyone really knew he was.

Creeped me the fuck out.

Kept asking people if they had a knife and then fashioned himself a belt with an old piece of rope he found and walked around like that.

Just an odd dude.

I've heard stories about his drunken lunacy at one or two of the MD BBQs, I guess people feel sorry for him because of all his issues so they don't share.

ant

#57 Post by ant » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Me Artemis and Ant meeting up in Brooklyn...GOOD TIMES...and I was offering the tour years before it became hip to visit...
:wave: That was a fun time. Hope you're well ES.

I met Mike in 05 before anyone really knew he was.

Creeped me the fuck out.

Kept asking people if they had a knife and then fashioned himself a belt with an old piece of rope he found and walked around like that.

Just an odd dude.
This was the first time I met MIke and a bunch of others from xiola also. At the jam in the park with Pete Mike came back from the liquor store about a prostitute trying to pick him up or something like that.

He hit me up the next year @ Lolla also and I chatted with him for second at the kid's stage before Perry & Pete. Seemed a little more chill that time but definitely a quirky dude and Perry's biggest super fan.

Deconstruction

#58 Post by Deconstruction » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:03 pm

kv wrote:hello kitty was when erik was running it ...sonny had nothing to do with that
I REMEMBER THAT! I had been a lurker on one percent and when I saw that I was like what the fuck?

Noonesshocking

#59 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Xiola will always have a special place in my heart. Specifically because it was where I followed everything that happened with Jane's between April 2008 and march 2010. Lot's of good memories. Glad we have this place now as well.

Essence_Smith

#60 Post by Essence_Smith » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 pm

I still type xiola.org sometimes... :sad:

sinep

#61 Post by sinep » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:20 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I still type xiola.org sometimes... :sad:
i miss sonny a lot. :-(

kv

#62 Post by kv » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 am

this is where you should post sonny :nod:

Larry B.

#63 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 am

Nobody has met me :(

I'm a lonely legend.

Artemis

#64 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 am

okay larry b, i will go to chile to meet you for lunch. how is Wednesday at 1? :lol:

seriously though, i am interested to go to chile for holidays sometime.

Larry B.

#65 Post by Larry B. » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 am

Artemis wrote:okay larry b, i will go to chile to meet you for lunch. how is Wednesday at 1? :lol:

seriously though, i am interested to go to chile for holidays sometime.
Would be happy to receive you. I did mention that clothes are not allowed here, right?