Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Pete

#41 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:
Eric B. wrote:They should make some worthwile stuff or just terminate this whole thing I think. If they play only one or two new songs on the new tour (if that comes) than that's a new dissapointment. It will only make clear the new album is an excuse to tour some more (= milking the past) instead of having a genuine motivation to create some art. I'm hoping their motivation is the latter, but fearing it is the first. The setlists will tell I guess.
touring strays they averaged two new songs a night. on a new album i would think 4-5 would be a right number..i'm betting we never get more than 3.

Later in the tour set list was generally half and half.

Last show I saw had 7 old songs, 7 Strays songs. Amazing show too. Best Jane's show I ever saw. The new songs held up well when it was them live and unhinged.
:lol: i had no idea they played that many. i'm not sure i would be ok with that :noclue:
Yeah it's funny because I had no idea they ever played fewer than that. I had to look at their set lists to confirm we were both right.

By the time they had that many added to the set lists they were on the verge of breaking up again, so there was a lot of tension and Perry was drunk a lot. Those were good shows.

CaseyContrarian

#42 Post by CaseyContrarian » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah, wow. That's a lotta Strays. I doubt that this tour -- which probably won't be too geographically ambitious -- will feature more than 3 TGEA songs, tops.

I wanna hear a report about tonight's club show, too. With Perry's voice in the condition it's in, the backing track on IF is guaranteed.

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:16 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:the backing track on IF is guaranteed.
yeah that's going to be funny when perry can hardly sing on that song then all of a sudden he sounds just like the record.