Irresistible Force music video released

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Leto

Re: Irresistible Force music video released

#26 Post by Leto » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 am

Why does Perk dress like a 12 year old mallrat? :noclue:... Skateboards and motherfuckin' bubblegum, yo. :lol:

That video was a trainwreck. These guys need a reality check.

Eric B.

#27 Post by Eric B. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Dear Perry Farrell,

You're not in THIS band anymore:

FUCKING STOP RUINING JANE'S ADDICTION.

Asshole.

Signed,

Everyone who used to think you weren't utter shite.
Jeezus man, you're overreacting. You've completely lost any objectiveness. What could these guys do to make you happy? These kind of reactions I can't take serious and are spoiling the site if you ask me.

It's no big art. Perry looks a bit too Calvin Klein in the first shots, but other than that I think this is a pretty decent video which will hopefully get some airplay. The song deserves it I think and the video isn't doing any damage.

I agree that this could be a top 5 song. We'll see. I think it beats the Just because video if not only by his ultra cool jacket in that one.

kv

#28 Post by kv » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 am

come on guys ...it's great!! i love it it's just as good as any 1.0 video or song fact...i swear to dog

Japhy

#29 Post by Japhy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:34 am

I agree KV, although it took Eric B's post to make me realise it. Give it a few more spins and it might actually be my favourite. I'm so glad that Eric A left as he would never have allowed a video as good as this one to be made, and then where the fuck would we be?

If i've a criticism, i would have liked to have seen a cape... oh, and a little bit more of etty. Maybe on the next one eh?

kv

#30 Post by kv » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:39 am

and longer songs, triple album filled with videos and other epic gems.....we are soooo lucky to be living in these great times....i will remember this day for the rest of my life or till 8:42 am

creep
Site Admin

#31 Post by creep » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 am

yeah the video is silly but perry didn't make the thing. he seems to get the blame for it. why not blame stephen? fuck you stephen...you ruined jane's addiction!!!!!!!

creep
Site Admin

#32 Post by creep » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 am

kv wrote:come on guys ...it's great!! i love it it's just as good as any 1.0 video or song fact...i swear to dog
much better attitude! :banana:

feathers mcgraw

#33 Post by feathers mcgraw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:15 am

Looks like a Satellite Party video. It sucks and it's very generic, but it's not as bad as a lot of videos out there. And at least it isn't the PerryEtty show all the way through.

kv

#34 Post by kv » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:19 am

creep wrote:
kv wrote:come on guys ...it's great!! i love it it's just as good as any 1.0 video or song fact...i swear to dog
much better attitude! :banana:
thanks new dad

Japhy

#35 Post by Japhy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 am

feathers mcgraw wrote:Looks like a Satellite Party video
Yes. And IF still feels like a Satellite Party song... as if the structure of the song was actually kicking around from those sessions. I honestly think that the whole album will have that feel.

Oh well, all this cynicism and yet i'm still hoping that the gig is on tonight. Latest word is that there is no word... because Perry is sleeping! I don't mind putting the effort in for this band but i could really do without driving down to London and tubing it in for a no-show.

Larry B.

#36 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 am

Not too bad, expected much much worse.

There's something in the chorus that I really like, but I'm not sure what it is. Somehow, the video actually made the song sound better. Not that I can compare it to the glory, madness and shivers that I felt the first time I listened to some real JA songs, but for a rock band in 2011 this song sounds alright.

rockout

#37 Post by rockout » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 am

For the video, Jane's could have performed for a crowd, and Perry could still have changed wardrobes and pointed to the stars and pretended he was Evita.

I'm not expecting miracles here for Jane's, but that would have been a big improvement.

Japhy

#38 Post by Japhy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:43 am

Larry B. wrote:There's something in the chorus that I really like
Yeah i agree... i still don't mind the song at all - the chorus is brilliant in it's catchy-ness. I wish the verses were a little smarter but that's really it. And I still really like ETTL... it's a bit of a monster and could be a giant live.

Oh well, this video is done now. Lets see what the album cover brings.

judah

#39 Post by judah » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 am

awful

Bandit72

#40 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:21 am

Japhy wrote:Lets see what the album cover brings.

pandarve666

#41 Post by pandarve666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 am

Eric B. wrote:Jeezus man, you're overreacting.
No, he is not.
Eric B. wrote: You've completely lost any objectiveness.
And you have lost all good taste

Eric B. wrote: What could these guys do to make you happy?
Split up or make a very good album like xxx, NS, Ritual. But that seems impossible so they can fuck off instead of keeping on ruining the legacy of the once great band we all loved.
Eric B. wrote:These kind of reactions I can't take serious and are spoiling the site if you ask me.
Nobody asked you and why don't you go to another site then?
Eric B. wrote:It's no big art. Perry looks a bit too Calvin Klein in the first shots, but other than that I think this is a pretty decent video which will hopefully get some airplay. The song deserves it I think and the video isn't doing any damage.

I agree that this could be a top 5 song. We'll see. I think it beats the Just because video if not only by his ultra cool jacket in that one.
Yeah, it beats the Just Because video. :banghead: You know your classics.
:jasper:

feathers mcgraw

#42 Post by feathers mcgraw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 am

In all honesty, Jane's have never really made great music videos. The old videos look really dated and cheap now, and the Strays videos are just...cock rock.

pandarve666

#43 Post by pandarve666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:38 am

The may look dated, but so what?

The powerful energy in Ain't No right, Stop and Mountain Song, the beauty in Classic Girl,...

I think Jane's made awesome video's :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#44 Post by creep » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Japhy wrote:Lets see what the album cover brings.
:lol:

Eric B.

#45 Post by Eric B. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 am

pandarve666 wrote:
No, he is not.

Split up or make a very good album like xxx, NS, Ritual. But that seems impossible so they can fuck off instead of keeping on ruining the legacy of the once great band we all loved.
Eric B. wrote:These kind of reactions I can't take serious and are spoiling the site if you ask me.
Eric B. wrote:It's no big art. Perry looks a bit too Calvin Klein in the first shots, but other than that I think this is a pretty decent video which will hopefully get some airplay. The song deserves it I think and the video isn't doing any damage.

Shitty attitude you got there. Who are you to judge me. Fuck off. I gave a decent reaction to a ridiculous reply from six7six7. If all we can do here is compare everything these guys do to NS than there's nothing but dissapointment comming your way. Good luck with that. I compared this with Just because because that was done earlier in the thread, not because I think it's such a classy song. Don't worry.

Well, if this is the way we all try to not fuck up the forums than wé'll be in Whores/ANR era real quick. I don't mind. In that case I'll be better off at "the other site" I guess. Speaking of which. I always think that the attitude towards that site sucks hard time. It's the best resource out there and I guess most of us benefit from that. I don't know how these guys gathered their information. They supposedly stole it from other sites. Well, that could be. I don't know that, all I know it's the most complete info out there. And hardly anybody else is good at that. Xiola wasn't and this one isn't (jet?). Of coarse there's SDW as well which I really appreciate, but I don't think those sites hate eachother. I'm just interested in this band and the sideprojects in all the carnations. Even the shitty ones like the 2003 era. Blame me. For the interested ones janesaddiction.org is unmissable

Most here are proud to be critical. I think critical is fine as long as there's some truth in it. Not if its blind hate.
Being critical is no excuse for being an asshole.

OK, I gues I''ll get some shitty replies on this one. Thanx in advance heroes.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#46 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 am

Any links not from youtube? This video cant be played on mobile devices. :mad:

*edit*

nevermind I tricked it. Waiting for it to load. Oh boy!

Mescal

#47 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 am

feathers mcgraw wrote:In all honesty, Jane's have never really made great music videos. The old videos look really dated and cheap now, and the Strays videos are just...cock rock.
Yeah, the Been caught stealin' video really sucks. So does Stop; and Classic Girl for that matter

Hokahey
Site Admin

#48 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:38 am

Halfway through, and like all things Jane's and the song itself I both love it and hate it. It's funny though because there are parts of the video that look exactly like what I saw the Just Because video looking like in my mind before it was released.

I really like some of the visuals. A lot. It's like what you see coming out of your speakers listening to Jane's on acid.

I don't like some of the shots of the band, but compared to the Just Because and True Nature videos this is golden.

Ritual era Jane's is dead.

But I'm really starting to like this Jane's better than Strays era. It's clear Eric made his mark. Visually the band has a more Jane's like aesthetic in their live shows and videos.

Perry isn't prancing, smiling or hamming it up in this video. He doesn't look young and dangerous (which made us love him), but he also doesn't look (as much) like a goofy old man.

Would I tweak it? Sure.

There's a little part of me that gets let down everytime I see something new from these guys.

But there's also a little part of me that thought this was....cool?

I'm so confused. :noclue:

pandarve666

#49 Post by pandarve666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 am

Eric B. wrote:
pandarve666 wrote:
No, he is not.

Shitty attitude you got there. Who are you to judge me. Fuck off. I gave a decent reaction to a ridiculous reply from six7six7. If all we can do here is compare everything these guys do to NS than there's nothing but dissapointment comming your way. Good luck with that. I compared this with Just because because that was done earlier in the thread, not because I think it's such a classy song. Don't worry.

Well, if this is the way we all try to not fuck up the forums than wé'll be in Whores/ANR era real quick. I don't mind. In that case I'll be better off at "the other site" I guess. Speaking of which. I always think that the attitude towards that site sucks hard time. It's the best resource out there and I guess most of us benefit from that. I don't know how these guys gathered their information. They supposedly stole it from other sites. Well, that could be. I don't know that, all I know it's the most complete info out there. And hardly anybody else is good at that. Xiola wasn't and this one isn't (jet?). Of coarse there's SDW as well which I really appreciate, but I don't think those sites hate eachother. I'm just interested in this band and the sideprojects in all the carnations. Even the shitty ones like the 2003 era. Blame me. For the interested ones janesaddiction.org is unmissable

Most here are proud to be critical. I think critical is fine as long as there's some truth in it. Not if its blind hate.
Being critical is no excuse for being an asshole.

OK, I gues I''ll get some shitty replies on this one. Thanx in advance heroes.

You gave a stupid reaction to a normal reaction of six7six7. You may not like his style, that's too bad for you then. I do not like the new janes style and we are supposed to shut the hell up or what? 'The other site' is indeed a good resource, I agree, but over here we do not kiss ass.

You are either with us or against us. All this is serious as hell and there is no room for the weak. :balls:

Jasper

#50 Post by Jasper » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:43 am

I watched it twice. I think it more or less accomplishes what it's trying to do - communicate to a younger mainstream rock audience. It's not that far off from the type of pop-rock song it is, so I don't know why anybody's shocked by what's happening visually. This isn't to say that it's what I wished for - it's way more busy than I'd picture the song, but what is this thing, really? It's an ad. It functions decently at that. I'm sure it was largely the work of the label and the director...the band doesn't get hands-on with this type of thing like they used to. I think it's more or less an obligation.

There were a few good moments, mostly involving that beautiful model. The part right before the first chorus, where it's her facing herself, with an ocean swelling, looked neat. Another time she was lying in the floor giving a prolonged come-hither look, and I enjoyed that. Otherwise it was a commercial video and a video commercial - for a commercial song.

I hope there's less-commercial stuff on the album. I'd expect them to lead with their most commercial song, and that's probably what they're doing here. I think ETTL was kind of a little preemptive statement about the fact that it won't all be glossy pop songs. If they'd put IF out first, I think it would have gotten a rougher reaction, with claims that nu-Jane's was making a fully commercial style album.

So, yeah, it's kind of just whatever.