Irresistible Force music video released

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Irresistible Force music video released

#126 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Pandemonium wrote:The True Nature video, embarrassingly silly (and instantly dated) as it is, is still miles above the video for IF.

And there's a bazillion far more horrible music videos out there from major bands.
Jane's isn't a major band though.

Nor will they ever be, thanks to shite like their last 11 years worth of videos and the shite songs that inspire them.

Music and videos are just something they slap together so they have an excuse to talk the record company into paying for a bus and a tour.

Deconstruction

#127 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Deconstruction wrote:The True Nature video is in it but at least Perry looks like and is acting like a dude in it, just an aging guy trying to act young and hip. In the IF video he comes off like he's Liberace. I would say Dave is better in the IF video than the True Nature video though.

I love that Kimmel skit, they'd never do something like that now.
meant to say shit instead of is in it

Tyler Durden

#128 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:36 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:The True Nature video, embarrassingly silly (and instantly dated) as it is, is still miles above the video for IF.

And there's a bazillion far more horrible music videos out there from major bands.
Jane's isn't a major band though.

Nor will they ever be, thanks to shite like their last 11 years worth of videos and the shite songs that inspire them.

Music and videos are just something they slap together so they have an excuse to talk the record company into paying for a bus and a tour.
I think he just means major band in terms of them being on a major label and being internationally known.

JOEinPHX

#129 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 pm

i challenge someone to find a legendary/major band with a video containing nothing but green screen screensaver bullshit.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#130 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:46 pm

I cannot fucking believe anyone here is actually defending the True Nature video in any way shape or form, or saying the IF video is worse.

:confused:

JOEinPHX

#131 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:50 pm

hokahey wrote:I cannot fucking believe anyone here is actually defending the True Nature video in any way shape or form, or saying the IF video is worse.

it's like comparing pitbull shit to german sheppard shit.

neither is worth stepping into.

Tyler Durden

#132 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:I cannot fucking believe anyone here is actually defending the True Nature video in any way shape or form, or saying the IF video is worse.

it's like comparing pitbull shit to german sheppard shit.

neither is worth stepping into.
:lol:

kv

#133 Post by kv » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Eric B. wrote:
Well, if this is the way we all try to not fuck up the forums than wé'll be in Whores/ANR era real quick. I don't mind. In that case I'll be better off at "the other site" I guess. Speaking of which. I always think that the attitude towards that site sucks hard time. It's the best resource out there and I guess most of us benefit from that. I don't know how these guys gathered their information. They supposedly stole it from other sites. Well, that could be. I don't know that, all I know it's the most complete info out there. And hardly anybody else is good at that. Xiola wasn't and this one isn't (jet?). Of coarse there's SDW as well which I really appreciate, but I don't think those sites hate eachother. I'm just interested in this band and the sideprojects in all the carnations. Even the shitty ones like the 2003 era. Blame me. For the interested ones janesaddiction.org is unmissable

Most here are proud to be critical. I think critical is fine as long as there's some truth in it. Not if its blind hate.
Being critical is no excuse for being an asshole.

OK, I gues I''ll get some shitty replies on this one. Thanx in advance heroes.
well since you want it.....as for our shitty attitude i'd love to see how you would do with your posts being edited at will or having to be moded to even be allowed to post....and as for the resource who do you think gave them all the info? other sites and the people here for the most part....with just the people at that site the resource would be a shell compared to what we gave them :idea:

chaos

#134 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:50 pm

creep wrote:dave would never dress up

creep
Site Admin

#135 Post by creep » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm

chaos wrote:
creep wrote:dave would never dress up
i thought of that when i said it. i think i remember dave saying that doing that was his worst moment in rhcp. he wasn't too happy about it.

edit...found this
There wasn't really room for me to worry about anything 'cos I was wearing this stupid lightbulb helmet!" the guitarist recalls with a wry grin. "It was awful - I couldn't see and I couldn't hear. It was one of the worst ever experiences of my life."

So, it's fairly safe to assume that this unique piece of headgear has made its first and last public appearance then? "Never again, trust me on this one!" our subject exclaims. "There are no words in the English language that can adequately express the joy I felt when the thing finally came off!"

cabangbangq

#136 Post by cabangbangq » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:38 pm

I woke up this morning on my first day of senior year, went on my computer, saw 5 seconds of the video and turned it off it was so bad.

I ended up finishing the video when I got home. I think the one problem that most of us see with this Jane's video and Jane's era 5.4 (I don't even know what Jane's version we are on), is we keep expecting a Ritual from Jane's. If not ritual, at least for them to be somewhere near the band that we all fell in love that affected our lives the way they did. The Jane's name holds some special power to me that I can't describe even when they put up pieces of shit like above that don't even compare to the mastery of 86-91. I guess I just have to keep remembering this isn't the same band and that none of them are hungry kids any more. They want to make a living.

Pandemonium

#137 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:i challenge someone to find a legendary/major band with a video containing nothing but green screen screensaver bullshit.
That was easy:

JOEinPHX

#138 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:45 pm

The thing is, the argument that "this isn't Ritual", "this isn't NS", "this isn't the same band that created those albums" arguments don't hold any water.

There are plenty of bands who have stuck to their story and maintained an incredible amount of credibility throughout their careers.

So what if they are older, that just means they should have more experiences to draw from. They should have had more years to practice their craft.

Look at RHCP. Look at NIN. Look at Pearl Jam. All contemporaries who had a period where albums weren't flying off the shelves, and all came right back and produced critically acclaimed albums that shot up the charts and cemented their place in history. (OK maybe Pearl Jam not so much, their albums always go Gold or Platinum regardless. But still... that self-titled album was praised as a "return to form")

So what is stopping Jane's from making good music, good videos, and intelligent decisions? NOTHING. They could if they wanted to. They take the easy way out instead. They don't want to be dangerous. They don't want to take risks. They don't want to create or be artists.

It's not that they can't, it's simply that they WON'T.

And that is what is fucked. They could put our Ritual 2 tomorrow. But Perry won't admit Eric's basslines were the sound of Jane's, and wants to do whatever was trendy 3 years ago that he doesn't even understand because he's in Beverly Hills watching on TV and not out on the streets to see it firsthand.

I am rambling. I will stop now.

JOEinPHX

#139 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:i challenge someone to find a legendary/major band with a video containing nothing but green screen screensaver bullshit.
That was easy:

Holy fuck.

Seriously?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it's the same video!

Tyler Durden

#140 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
That was easy:

Holy fuck.

Seriously?

it's the same video!
This coincides with your theory that Perry wants to do whatever was trendy 3 years ago. Okay, technically 2.5 years ago...but close enough. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#141 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 pm

yeah but they probably shot it a month or 2 before release.

so it's like 2.7 years ago.

i can't wait for the dubstep album Perry does in 2015

creep
Site Admin

#142 Post by creep » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 pm

yeah the video is bad but perry didn't make it. i don't think they have the budget to actually go in to space to film that shit. i just don't get how some are so worked up over it. get upset about the song not the video. :noclue:

Pandemonium

#143 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
That was easy: (U2 video snipped)

Holy fuck.

Seriously?

it's the same video!
The best part was I understand that whoever put that mess together used some stock still photography images probably from Corbis without paying for it and when the video first leaked, some U2 fans pointed it out and U2's management had to quickly cut a check to Corbis (or whoever was the image rights holder).

Larry B.

#144 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
That was easy: (U2 video snipped)

Holy fuck.

Seriously?

it's the same video!
The best part was I understand that whoever put that mess together used some stock still photography images probably from Corbis without paying for it and when the video first leaked, some U2 fans pointed it out and U2's management had to quickly cut a check to Corbis (or whoever was the image rights holder).
yup, I remember watching that video debut and noticing that many images had watermarks, like "stockphoto" or similar. it added to the embarrassment of the video proper.

JOEinPHX

#145 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:52 pm

A gift:

Watch it before it gets pulled. haha

Tyler Durden

#146 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:A gift:

Watch it before it gets pulled. haha
Already gone.

JOEinPHX

#147 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 pm

still works for me.

Tyler Durden

#148 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:still works for me.
Not on this end.

JOEinPHX

#149 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Maybe it's just your country.

Tyler Durden

#150 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Maybe it's just your country.
This video contains content from UMG and EMI. It is not available.