#151 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:33 pm

That's really lame.

i need a new way to upload this.

Pandemonium

Re: Irresistible Force music video released

#152 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:That's really lame.

i need a new way to upload this.
Stick it on Yousendit or megaupload. There's dozens of free up/download sites out there.

Stickyfingers

#153 Post by Stickyfingers » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I like the video more than the song.... I don't think it's a good sign.

Both video and song have a "satellite-party-improved" atmosphere
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsKcPYyu9To

Mescal

#154 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

I don't know if this should be in this thread, but I din't know if there was a seperate IF "remix" thread.

I kinda liked this one, and I loved the opening shot of his clip. I wonder if he paid royalties to the Xiola community :)

Warped

#155 Post by Warped » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Puh, i just watched it. After all the comments here i expected the worse.

I don't think it's bad and i don't think it's really good, i like Dave in it and would have expected some shots of Chris also, Perry shouldn't change dresses otherwise okay and for sure this is a million times better than TN or JB video.

But i am also one of the few here who really likes the song - and i don't think videos are that important anymore. So yeah.
No reason to get so upset imo.

Jasper

#156 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 am

creep wrote:i get it but he was probably just defending the site because eric b was bashing it. i just found it funny. :noclue:
hokahey wrote: No one should be made to feel unwelcome here that are respectfully expressing their opinion.
[blink]ATTN: jasper[/blink]
I'm not sure what this means. :noclue: I guess it may be about those two jerk-offs who came to xiola and immediately started insulting everybody? In the very first post of the first one who showed up, he suggested that certain regulars stop posting there. One even suggested that sonny should be punched in the face. :lolol:

You seemed to read it as some mellow bros coming along and doing a little innocent ES action. I saw it as a couple of douches coming along and being insulting, shit-stirring, and telling people what to do. They got attacked for that, and rightfully so. I think Tyler was the first one to give it to them, followed by others. Then there was about 12 hours of Hoka alternately telling them to fuck off and trying to reason with them. Hype was trying to reason with them as well. I read about it after the fact because I had been asleep and otherwise not online. They wouldn't stop. So, finally, I told them to stfu about it and it seemed to work.

I don't regret it a single bit, because it wasn't about their opinions, it was about their behavior. Same thing with ES. If ES wrote his mommy/daddy/nanny/schoolmarm/sherriff rants on occasion, I wouldn't care. It's the fact that he's not a regular poster (and hasn't been for years), and that he ONLY comes around SPECIFICALLY to deliver those rants. I like ES. It's just a response to his dickish behavior in that regard, not his opinions. He wraps his up in daddy talk, I don't. His are no less attacks because of the Mr. Mom way he delivers them. It's all just opinions.

Sonny got very dramatic during those couple of days with the noobs, which had as much to do with kv using the c-word in a certain context, and kv and hoka openly arguing with sonny. I was actually on sonny's side about that c-word issue, but I thought he went overboard when he started accusing them of doing things which he, himself, had done on many occasions. (personal attacks on the band and family members)

If this isn't what you're talking about, then you'll have to be more specific, or, conversely, don't do blinky things with my name, which isn't exactly passive. :idea:

:blah:

Jasper

#157 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 am

hokahey wrote:I cannot fucking believe anyone here is actually defending the True Nature video in any way shape or form, or saying the IF video is worse.

:confused:
Seriously. :confused:

Tyler's given me the heebie jeebies a few times recently with this U2/Coldplay/Blink182 stuff. :lostit: :lol:

kv

#158 Post by kv » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:40 am

stop being an asshole

kv

#159 Post by kv » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:40 am

:lolol:

Jasper

#160 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 am

kv wrote:stop being an asshole
You should stop posting here. :flip: You and creep both, with your wrong opinions. :hehe:

kv

#161 Post by kv » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:02 am

i'm telling new dad!!!

Artemis

#162 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:35 am

there's nothing worse than a tattletale.

new dad should give you the belt for that. :lol:
Last edited by Artemis on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

kv

#163 Post by kv » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:51 am

:ax:

creep
Site Admin

#164 Post by creep » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:02 am

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:i get it but he was probably just defending the site because eric b was bashing it. i just found it funny. :noclue:
hokahey wrote: No one should be made to feel unwelcome here that are respectfully expressing their opinion.
[blink]ATTN: jasper[/blink]
I'm not sure what this means. :noclue: I guess it may be about those two jerk-offs who came to xiola and immediately started insulting everybody? In the very first post of the first one who showed up, he suggested that certain regulars stop posting there. One even suggested that sonny should be punched in the face. :lolol:

You seemed to read it as some mellow bros coming along and doing a little innocent ES action. I saw it as a couple of douches coming along and being insulting, shit-stirring, and telling people what to do. They got attacked for that, and rightfully so. I think Tyler was the first one to give it to them, followed by others. Then there was about 12 hours of Hoka alternately telling them to fuck off and trying to reason with them. Hype was trying to reason with them as well. I read about it after the fact because I had been asleep and otherwise not online. They wouldn't stop. So, finally, I told them to stfu about it and it seemed to work.

I don't regret it a single bit, because it wasn't about their opinions, it was about their behavior. Same thing with ES. If ES wrote his mommy/daddy/nanny/schoolmarm/sherriff rants on occasion, I wouldn't care. It's the fact that he's not a regular poster (and hasn't been for years), and that he ONLY comes around SPECIFICALLY to deliver those rants. I like ES. It's just a response to his dickish behavior in that regard, not his opinions. He wraps his up in daddy talk, I don't. His are no less attacks because of the Mr. Mom way he delivers them. It's all just opinions.

Sonny got very dramatic during those couple of days with the noobs, which had as much to do with kv using the c-word in a certain context, and kv and hoka openly arguing with sonny. I was actually on sonny's side about that c-word issue, but I thought he went overboard when he started accusing them of doing things which he, himself, had done on many occasions. (personal attacks on the band and family members)

If this isn't what you're talking about, then you'll have to be more specific, or, conversely, don't do blinky things with my name, which isn't exactly passive. :idea:

:blah:
:lolol: yeah that was what i was talking about and it was a joke.

you're the best :banana:

Jasper

#165 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:41 am

creep wrote: :lolol: yeah that was what i was talking about and it was a joke.

you're the best :banana:
I told myself that this was going to be your reaction, but I wrote that anyway. :neutral:

Eric B.

#166 Post by Eric B. » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:45 am

kv wrote:well since you want it.....as for our shitty attitude i'd love to see how you would do with your posts being edited at will or having to be moded to even be allowed to post....and as for the resource who do you think gave them all the info? other sites and the people here for the most part....with just the people at that site the resource would be a shell compared to what we gave them :idea:
Did they do that? Okay, didn't knew that. That's not cool. I can imagine them doing it when posts aren't respectfull anymore. It's their site and if they want a certain kind of vibe than I do'n't blame them for interventing. Where's the line in such cases? You should be able to give your opinion in a respectful manner. If you think it's shit you should be able to say that. I've never had problems ovethere although I'm not a regular and I think I make reasonable remarks. As for the info? stealing isn't nice of coarse. It sure saves time. Maybe Hoka should rip their site for this one since he's looking for help now? Stealing from thieves ain't a crime for sure?

Well. i don't know. Maybe they stole it, but now it's the only pretty much complete info out there so it's a good thing they have it otherwise we'd have nothing. I myself download/steal a lot of info there. Sites can be gone in the blink of an eye obviously :hehe:

JOEinPHX

#167 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 am

Pandemonium

#168 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 am

Heh.

It would probably be pretty funny to go full tilt and do a Boots/Force remix combining both tunes to sync it better with that video.

JOEinPHX

#169 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 am

yeah probably. There are parts that actually go well together. i just didn't want to put more than 10 minutes into it.

leviticus

#170 Post by leviticus » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm

I don't really get the absolute vitriol this video is elicits. I really do like the song, and I feel guilty saying that since I am not convinced it has any true sense of vision, it may in the context of the album. I appreciate the fact that they are stepping away from their typical sound and understand that this is a departure. With Strays, I think they genuinely thought it sounded like a Jane's album, it was that ignorance that was a huge bummer to the overall experience. With TGEA they have indicated that this is a new path for them musically a number of times, so at least they know that this does not sound as familiar to the fans... I appreciate that. I can pick this song apart because there are many things I would rather hear them do. I also think their prime is far behind them and they need to accept that. But for what it is, and what it's worth in this community, I enjoy the song. It is more atmospheric and sonically ambitious than anything on Strays. I don't expect much from these guys any more. Being a Janes fan is emotionally draining. I simply want to enjoy their music in a simple, superficial way. I'm over them as a voice of a generation.

creep
Site Admin

#171 Post by creep » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:08 pm

i just watched a video of the second time they played this live in kansas. it was sort of a mess. perry was pretty drunk though but he came out on stage late and missed the whole first verse but ran out just in time to sing along with the backing track on the chorus. the lights looked really cool. :noclue:

cabangbangq

#172 Post by cabangbangq » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Upon watching this a second time, Perry actually looks kinda cool in that tux with the bowtie. Almost reminds me of the P4P era. The glittery half buttoned shirt needs to go though, that just looks horrific.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#173 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 am

leviticus wrote:It is more atmospheric and sonically ambitious than anything on Strays.

Agreed.
cabangbangq wrote:Perry actually looks kinda cool in that tux with the bowtie. The glittery half buttoned shirt needs to go though, that just looks horrific.
I felt the exact opposite. I'd rather Perry look like a rock sex symbol than my grandpa.

blackcoffee

#174 Post by blackcoffee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 pm

leviticus wrote:I don't really get the absolute vitriol this video is elicits. I really do like the song, and I feel guilty saying that since I am not convinced it has any true sense of vision, it may in the context of the album. I appreciate the fact that they are stepping away from their typical sound and understand that this is a departure. With Strays, I think they genuinely thought it sounded like a Jane's album, it was that ignorance that was a huge bummer to the overall experience. With TGEA they have indicated that this is a new path for them musically a number of times, so at least they know that this does not sound as familiar to the fans... I appreciate that. I can pick this song apart because there are many things I would rather hear them do. I also think their prime is far behind them and they need to accept that. But for what it is, and what it's worth in this community, I enjoy the song. It is more atmospheric and sonically ambitious than anything on Strays. I don't expect much from these guys any more. Being a Janes fan is emotionally draining. I simply want to enjoy their music in a simple, superficial way. I'm over them as a voice of a generation.
I feel this way also. I finally made it through the whole video and I get the criticism that it looks like a screen saver and all that, but as I said before videos weren't their strong points. This is fine. Perry looks good. Even rocking the unbuttoned shirt. Hell, my wife tells me I look good rocking the unbuttoned shirt, but that's another story. It must be an old guy thing....

Hokahey
Site Admin

#175 Post by Hokahey » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 am

This song and video have been stuck in my head for days. I just re watched it and I have to tell you, this is my favorite fucking song right now. The bass during the verse is very Jane's. The music is better than anything on Strays. Atmospheric and gorgeous. Reminiscent of Then She Did at times. Nowhere near that level of perfection, but there are fleeting moments that conjure it to mind. My only real complaint is the lyrics, but for some reason I like them for this song. I don't like Perry's songwriting as a whole anymore, but taken individually I can accept them for this song.

I also really like the video. It's sexy and It's trippy which are both things Jane's Addiction should be if not raw and in your face. It's not great by any means, but again, there are moments that make me think "this is fucking Jane's Addiction!" I haven't felt that way in a long time.

Last but not least, it is my mission to fucking marry this woman: