Irresistible Force music video released

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Deconstruction

Irresistible Force music video released

#1 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:21 am

This makes Perry in the Just Because video look like Clint Eastwood.

Bandit72

Re: Irresistible Force music video released

#2 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:31 am

Oh dear :conf:

Japhy

#3 Post by Japhy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:36 am

Can't see it at work... how bad are we talking? Some of the stills i'd seen made me shudder, so i wasn't expecting much at all. That won't make me feel any better if it's truly awful though. It's got to be cheesy right...?

pandarve666

#4 Post by pandarve666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 am

Aaaaaand: it's a no! I don't like the video at all. Perry looks like some douche in a skinlotion ad. And those visuals suck. I'v seen it before but then ten times better.

:jasper:

Deconstruction

#5 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 am

I still have a feeling this song will hit top 5 on the rock radio charts. Despite the douchyness (in some lyrics and the video) and thrown together nature of it, that chorus soars. If only Perry didn't have to literally "soar" himself in the video during the chorus...

I'll take some screen shots of my favorite moments of the video later today. Dave's guitar solo features vintage Dave playing the guitar as an extension of his cock. Dave doesn't make a fool out of himself in this though (I like Dave still though so I may be impartial), but man Perry makes some really lame faces. He was WAY cooler in the End to the Lies video, kept it simple wearing the black shirt doing some cool gestures. He just seems too over the top in this. I'll give Etty credit for really only having a few seconds of time in the video when she probably could have gotten Perry to make her the co star.

pandarve666

#6 Post by pandarve666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 am

Is that Etty in the video? It doesn't look like her. But you're right: Dave looks cool as usual (except for the haircut). Perry looks very clean and shiny but that haircut makes me even more sick. We can not see Stephen's haircut, so it makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with his hair.

JOEinPHX

#7 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 am

So... Dave starts the breakdown in the middle of the song... and do they show it? No... instead of watching him do it.... we get a closeup of Perry and Etty kissing.

What the fucking fuck is that shit?

"Hey Dave, we did a study, and it shows that people don't like to watch guitar players play guitar. They prefer watching some 50 year old dude make out with his 30 year old trophy wife"

Perry, you are not allowed to front Jane's addiction anymore. You're incapable of it. You're very good at taking note at gay pride parades however. Nice outfits and gestures you fucking fruitcake.

Also... hey... remember when being an artist meant making art? What the fuck is all this "hey, let's just mime it in front of a green screen and let someone add a bunch of special affects with their mac" bullshit? You are a fucking failure as an artist.

I 100% believe that jane's addiction should be attributed to 3 things:

1. Casey Niccoli
2. Eric Avery
3. Heroin

Perry you have raped your legend so fucking hard that it's discraceful. This is seriously some RHCP level cheese.

:jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper: :jasper:

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 am

Japhy wrote:Can't see it at work... how bad are we talking? Some of the stills i'd seen made me shudder, so i wasn't expecting much at all. That won't make me feel any better if it's truly awful though. It's got to be cheesy right...?
ETTL was far batter as far as music videos go. This is woeful. Looks like it's been rushed. No real thought or creativity gone into it at all, it's just an odd mix of imagery. It's a shame because I really quite like this song, so I guess the video doesn't matter. I just think if you're going to do something, at least put some effort and originality into it.

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 am

Japhy wrote:Can't see it at work... how bad are we talking? Some of the stills i'd seen made me shudder, so i wasn't expecting much at all. That won't make me feel any better if it's truly awful though. It's got to be cheesy right...?
you know those 5 cheese pizzas they sell?

If this was a pizza, it would have 12 cheeses, the sauce would be cheese sauce, and the crust would be made of cheese too. and all the ingredients would be cheese.

Deconstruction

#10 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 am

Perry in the first two then Dave doing his thing. To me Dave actually is COOL though so he has the right to do poses like that in videos. Perry's poses just come off as lame in this. He should have gone more with an ETTL video approach, rather than this...

pandarve666

#11 Post by pandarve666 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:55 am

Six7Six7 wrote: I 100% believe that jane's addiction should be attributed to 3 things:

1. Casey Niccoli
2. Eric Avery
3. Heroin
:thumb: :aoa:

JOEinPHX

#12 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:55 am

Dear Perry Farrell,

You're not in THIS band anymore:

FUCKING STOP RUINING JANE'S ADDICTION.

Asshole.

Signed,

Everyone who used to think you weren't utter shite.

Deconstruction

#13 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:57 am

Six7Six7 wrote:So... Dave starts the breakdown in the middle of the song... and do they show it? No... instead of watching him do it.... we get a closeup of Perry and Etty kissing.

What the fucking fuck is that shit?

"Hey Dave, we did a study, and it shows that people don't like to watch guitar players play guitar. They prefer watching some 50 year old dude make out with his 30 year old trophy wife"

Perry, you are not allowed to front Jane's addiction anymore. You're incapable of it. You're very good at taking note at gay pride parades however. Nice outfits and gestures you fucking fruitcake.

Also... hey... remember when being an artist meant making art? What the fuck is all this "hey, let's just mime it in front of a green screen and let someone add a bunch of special affects with their mac" bullshit? You are a fucking failure as an artist.

1. Casey Niccoli
2. Eric Avery
3. Heroin

Perry you have raped your legend so fucking hard that it's discraceful. This is seriously some RHCP level cheese.

haha Six7Six7 at his finest. I agree that Perry is REALLY stupid in this video but there honestly is not too much of Etty, there's not even a clear shot of her face. This is all on Perry's fruity gestures and outfit changes. I think Dave gets enough time in this video, but man if Perry's going to act like this just show Dave and Steve the full video. Hell, show Etty and the dancers. I much preferred the ETTL video over this. Just when it looked like Perry had a hint of cool again he goes back to the Liberace wardrobe...

Bandit72

#14 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 am

ALWAYS happens, with a lot of bands. Highly annoying
Totally. Computer software is too easy and advanced these days. It's taking a lot of creativity from peoples brains.

1. Casey Niccoli
2. Eric Avery
3. Heroin
Quite possibly correct.

:lolol:

JOEinPHX

#15 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 am

Jane's Addiction: we make crappy songs, but our videos double as excellent screen savers.

Japhy

#16 Post by Japhy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
you know those 5 cheese pizzas they sell?

If this was a pizza, it would have 12 cheeses, the sauce would be cheese sauce, and the crust would be made of cheese too. and all the ingredients would be cheese.
Now that has made me :lolol: I also hope that youtube is broke when i get home.

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 am

You'd think they'd at least let Chris have a couple seconds of face time. I guess after over half a dozen bass player changes in the last 15 years, these guys figure it's just better to present themselves as a 3 piece with "some guy" plucking four strings in the corner. It's like a built in insurance policy against any further bad PR if (or rather when) Chaney gets bored and moves on and they can get some no name scrub who's just happy to get paid peanuts to play in a big ol' famous rock band.

As for the video..... yeah, it's pretty lame. The visuals really cement the U2/Coldplay wannabe thing there. And you'd figure the director would at least give some effort to making Dave and Stephen look like they're playing the same song as the tune they're miming to. With the sound off, it looks like they're playing some hard rockin' tune while Perry's singing something else entirely.

Mescal

#18 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:16 am

I liked the first 5 seconds of it.

And I second the "Perry looks like someone from a skin treating commercial"

JOEinPHX

#19 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:22 am

AdmitI

#20 Post by AdmitI » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 am

I don't really have a problem with the video. Is it a great work of art? Nope! But it did have some cool visuals. I like the wormhole effect about one third into the vid and the cell division sequence was also done well. I also thought it was put together pretty well. It seemed to have one cohesive ideabehind it (the big bang/cosmic love making Perry's words not mine).... ETTL seemwd random ans thrown together IMO. What does a naked chick with street art CGI'd to her have to do with ending lies? Then again, at least it had a naked chick.....

Pandemonium

#21 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 am

AdmitI wrote:ETTL seemwd random ans thrown together IMO. What does a naked chick with street art CGI'd to her have to do with ending lies? Then again, at least it had a naked chick.....
I think the powers that be convinced Perry that 3+ minutes of stomping and beating up an effigy of Eric wasn't the best way to sell a new song so they went with Plan B.

Warped

#22 Post by Warped » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:35 am

I cannot watch it here - shouldn't it be a world premiere :confused: ..... Can someone up it pls :wave:

AdmitI

#23 Post by AdmitI » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:35 am

I don't know why Perry was changing outfits. He should have stuck with the suit. Or at the veey least a different shirt. At least he didn't wear that regrettable outfit from thw holloween show.

Deconstruction

#24 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 am

Six7Six7 wrote:Image
:lol:

willd

#25 Post by willd » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:09 am

It's a joke right?
They'll release the real one soon.......