Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Irresistible Force music video released

#201 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:36 am

Pure Method wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Pure Method wrote:
hokahey wrote:

I dunno. I feel weird being alone on this. It makes me wonder if to some extent there's not any willingness to like anything they do. I'm sure most are doing their best to be objective...

:noclue:

who says you are the one being objective?

try playing it for a friend who doesn't know/care much about Jane's, if you're searching for objectivity.
If they don't like Jane's, we probably don't have similar musical tastes. What would be the point? What if everyone hated it? What if all those same people love Backstreet Boys?

I think the better litmus test would be to play it for a casual Jane's fan. And I'm willing to bet they wouldn't strongly dislike it the way most here do, and the remaining reactions would be mixed.

A friend whose musical taste you trust?

If another COMPLETELY unrelated band made IF, there is no way I would like it. It's garbage to my ears. I like ETTL ok.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

thisnameisinuse

#202 Post by thisnameisinuse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

I like it, apart from a few too many fountaining lights. Love the song, and I didn't like EttL. Sounds like later a-ha. Some people might think I mean that badly but I don't. Bloody great group, a-ha. Sorry, I've been a member for a while but I've been scared. Holding it back, and so on.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#203 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:50 pm

thisnameisinuse wrote:I like it, apart from a few too many fountaining lights. Love the song, and I didn't like EttL. Sounds like later a-ha. Some people might think I mean that badly but I don't. Bloody great group, a-ha. Sorry, I've been a member for a while but I've been scared. Holding it back, and so on.
Glad you decided to chime in. Was there a different username yo uwere wanting or is that just a joke?

thisnameisinuse

#204 Post by thisnameisinuse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks. It's from Yahoo (I think). I was trying to find a name and everything came back with ' this name is in use' until I tried 'thisnameisinuse' . So now it's the first name I try.

Fitzy

#205 Post by Fitzy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:12 am

I love the musical side (especially Dave's solo), hate the verses, and I'm ambivalent toward the chorus.

IF is a mixed bag for me, as is the video. There's some neat effects here and there.

But the song is short enough that it's worth enduring the weak verses to get to the solo and dig the cool instrumentation throughout.