Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Matz

Re: Jane's on hiatus

#101 Post by Matz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:54 pm

he's fuckin lost it, this is the lowest he's ever sunk

someguy

#102 Post by someguy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:39 pm

TEN NINE EIGHT SEVEN SIX FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE DOBEL!!!

Seriously why do we even still talk about this guy

Artemis

#103 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:51 pm

That was horrible...I couldn't make it all the way through.

I think PF should create a line of cologne or clothing or wine instead of this shitty dance music. Clearly, his creative juices aren't flowing. :no:

JOEinPHX

#104 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Etty likes it.

esqfool

#105 Post by esqfool » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Fucking hell this is terrible. Totally awful.

JOEinPHX

#106 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 pm

I finally listened to it. Perry, your hoarse elderly counting sounds fucking terrible, regardless of the music underneath.

Mescal

#107 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:23 am

someguy wrote:TEN NINE EIGHT SEVEN SIX FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE DOBEL!!!

Seriously why do we even still talk about this guy
Yeah, my feeling exactly.

Let's just send gifts to one another and talk about that

Warped

#108 Post by Warped » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:32 am

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Here we go now!

He should send this to "Deutschland sucht den Superstar" :banana:

bman

#109 Post by bman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:04 am

Is Perry dJ'ing at the World Economic Forum in Davos?

Etty Lau Farrell ‏@EttyLauFarrell 13h
Sharing a house w/these men. It's a good thing I am one of the boys. @perryfarrell @5k #WEF #davos #djs #partyhouse pic.twitter.com/82WDAzJXiy

Details

Mescal

#110 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 am

It sounds like cheapish Goa music. Something like this, but worse

JOEinPHX

#111 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:11 am

bman wrote:Is Perry dJ'ing at the World Economic Forum in Davos?

Etty Lau Farrell ‏@EttyLauFarrell 13h
Sharing a house w/these men. It's a good thing I am one of the boys. @perryfarrell @5k #WEF #davos #djs #partyhouse pic.twitter.com/82WDAzJXiy
Details
I highly doubt anyone looks at her as "one of the boys"

More likely it's "Perry is kind of funny, but he always brings that obnoxious wife of his everywhere he goes, and she always drinks all the vodka and tries to convince everyone to let her sing on their album"

zendo

#112 Post by zendo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:41 pm

The things he does seriously are funny. The thing he does to be funny will most likely be retarded and sad.[/quote]

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

zendo

#113 Post by zendo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 pm

You Spin Me Round (Like a record) Dead or Alive 80's simplistic reduction horse shit with horrible garbage count down vocals
JMHO
:jasper:

drifter

#114 Post by drifter » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 am

Larry B. wrote:
Eric B. wrote:Is that an official release? Sounds like someone sampled a live rant and put some garbage underneath it.
While I obviously can't say for sure, Perry's voice sounds studio-recorded. Plus, he's saying the words with a lot of air at the end, like he's done for the past 3-5 years. It's his "sexy" signature.

seems like this could be used at many sporting events as a charge song, like queens 'we will rock you'! would be stoked if this took off for him

Mescal

#115 Post by Mescal » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:17 am

drifter wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Eric B. wrote:Is that an official release? Sounds like someone sampled a live rant and put some garbage underneath it.
While I obviously can't say for sure, Perry's voice sounds studio-recorded. Plus, he's saying the words with a lot of air at the end, like he's done for the past 3-5 years. It's his "sexy" signature.

seems like this could be used at many sporting events as a charge song, like queens 'we will rock you'! would be stoked if this took off for him
Drifter, I love you and all that, and still am very grateful for the Psi Com vinyl, but seriously. Comparing this to We Will Rock You? Other than us, no one will ever listen to this song, let alone take any interest in it.

someguy

#116 Post by someguy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Get rid of perry and put Hawkins on vocals. Hiatus over

http://youtu.be/UJfhNGBJXUA

Essence_Smith

#117 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:13 pm

someguy wrote:Seriously why do we even still talk about this guy
:idea:

My boss who is a VP and big time lawyer in my company attended the CES thing in Vegas recently that Jane's played...she told me she'd only known Janes for the song Jane Says but recently started reading that Whores book and was intrigued by the Jane's/Perry story and since they're the same age started to develop something of a crush because she admired the fact that despite the heavy drug use of his younger years, etc he still has managed to live through it and be part of these big corporate type things etc...boy was she disappointed...she thought Perry was completely sober these days and of course the wine bottle was out as well as the sissified dancing he does these days...suffice it to say, he's even disappointing to people who don't know much about him to begin with. :noclue:

guysmiley

#118 Post by guysmiley » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:43 am

someguy wrote:Get rid of perry and put Hawkins on vocals. Hiatus over

I would rather see that at this point. Hell, get any of us on vocals. Call me up boys. :flip:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#119 Post by Hokahey » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:24 pm

God damn he loves some Jane's. That wasn't bad. At all. Had the fire and urgency that song deserves.

Noonesshocking

#120 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:02 pm

I remember right before NINJA there was an interview where Perry said he could see Jane's having about a five years left. I had high hopes at the time. Then we gradually watched things devolve from "I like 'me big" to "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!"

tubro

#121 Post by tubro » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:01 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I sent that link to my wife and her response was "Do you hate me?"
this made me laugh. i met my wife in 98. we had a lot of musical faves in common including JA and the grateful dead. although both were gone by the time we met, we got to see a few extremely fun JA shows including 01 with martyn, which i still hold as highly underrated and quite wonderful...sort of what they could have remained if they elected, even without writing much new stuff, to try to stay good. watching the grammys tonite i see many old musicians who haven't created much new since their long ago golden period but still are cool and entertaining and haven't made mockeries of themselves. but i digress. the reason nauseapig made me laugh is that my wife said the exact same thing to me when, ten years or so ago, i dragged her to a bob weir show.

which brings me back to jane's. that bob weir show was free for me but at least it wasn't a corporate gig - i just happened to have passes. on the other hand, my last JA show was indeed a free corporate show - terminal 5 for a cell phone launch.

good luck perry with this thing of yours. i hope you acknowledge why your biggest fans have no expectations except that it'll fail or never get done, but hey, once you were great. and trying something is a whole lot better than more of the current JA mess. RIP janes. until the next time, which will likely be an exxon/mobil christmas party.

bman

#122 Post by bman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:05 am

That was the best Mountain Song I've seen in 5 years! If Jane's ever plays again (which they will), they should drop Mountain Song from the set b/c it's lost all of its edge. Or play it last as an encore (which they wont).

blackula

#123 Post by blackula » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Finally, clarification from the Jane's Facebook page. In an article on their Facebook for the 3 Vegas shows Perry clarifies the hiatus is from recording. If a great $how opportunity comes up they'll play it.

CaseyContrarian

#124 Post by CaseyContrarian » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 am

blackula wrote:Finally, clarification from the Jane's Facebook page. In an article on their Facebook for the 3 Vegas shows Perry clarifies the hiatus is from recording. If a great $how opportunity comes up they'll play it.
I for one could use a break from the high volume of material this band releases.

JOEinPHX

#125 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 am

CaseyContrarian wrote:
blackula wrote:Finally, clarification from the Jane's Facebook page. In an article on their Facebook for the 3 Vegas shows Perry clarifies the hiatus is from recording. If a great $how opportunity comes up they'll play it.
I for one could use a break from the high volume of material this band releases.
Ditto. I am going broke keeping up with this pace of 1 album every 7-8 years.