uk jane's dates

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Japhy

Re: uk jane's dates

#26 Post by Japhy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 am

elbuitre wrote:Tickets are £37.50 if you buy at the venue. £43 if you buy online with transaction fee.

Do Jane's play encores at these NS gigs? I'd be hoping for Three Days and Stop.
Yeah, £37.50 is face value but both venues are 100+ miles from me so not an option to walk up to the box office unfortunately. Cheapest i've found with fees is £45.50... that's still £50 to me though! Either way, i'm pretty much using the cost to justify not going. The more accurate reason is that i just don't like what they've become and i'm not comfortable admitting that!

dannyboy

#27 Post by dannyboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 am

Japhy wrote:OK, it is a Nothing's Shocking show... but tickets are just shy of £50 with fees. I won't be going.
FISHBONE FISHBONE

Japhy

#28 Post by Japhy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 am

dannyboy wrote:
Japhy wrote:OK, it is a Nothing's Shocking show... but tickets are just shy of £50 with fees. I won't be going.
FISHBONE FISHBONE
have you heard that or are you just dangling the carrot?! Shit like that would make it a tougher call to make - although there's a million Perry-shaped cracks to cover right now.

dannyboy

#29 Post by dannyboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:20 am

Ha sorry Japhy, that was a demand based on the fact they are support at the Vegas shows. But if you join in with my chant it might work...come on

FISHBONE FISHBONE

SR

#30 Post by SR » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 am

It's likely been noted here as I skimmed the thread, but this seems to serve the current JA agenda perfectly.....another travel day for a few, boasting 25 years to the HOF, and another 70 minute payday.

dannyboy

#31 Post by dannyboy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:44 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:I'm surprised by the size of the venues, to be honest. I can't help but feel they'd do well to fill those venues, but perhaps I am projecting...I can't see that many people caring. Especially at those prices.

And you can bet they'll be doing Reading/Leeds.

Danny and Japh :wave:

Hi PB! How's it going!?

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 am

kv wrote:so etty can have another excuse to go on vacation? duh
Plus her kids can't even find real food in the USA.

Bandit72

#33 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Yep, she'll be feeding them cream teas and jam scones here served on Wedgewood plates. What oh.

Juana

#34 Post by Juana » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
The struggle is real for Etty

kv

#35 Post by kv » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Juana wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
The struggle is real for Etty
amen...let's keep her in our prayers

Japhy

#36 Post by Japhy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:19 am

dannyboy wrote:
FISHBONE FISHBONE
For fucks sake... I've only gone and got a ticket. Much like this band, i'm a joke. It's all Dave's fault - I read that interview about playing the songs as they should be. Plus even Perry can't fuck up UTB as opener.

I'm off to take a good long look at myself in the mirror.

Bandit72

#37 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 am

Japhy wrote:Plus even Perry can't fuck up UTB as opener.
Probably because there are about 5 words :lol:

dannyboy

#38 Post by dannyboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:58 am

Japhy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
FISHBONE FISHBONE
For fucks sake... I've only gone and got a ticket. Much like this band, i'm a joke. It's all Dave's fault - I read that interview about playing the songs as they should be. Plus even Perry can't fuck up UTB as opener.

Haha! I enjoyed that post!
Just pestering my mate about getting me a free tickets, hope he comes through!

Japhy

#39 Post by Japhy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:12 am

dannyboy wrote:
Japhy wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
FISHBONE FISHBONE

Haha! I enjoyed that post!
Just pestering my mate about getting me a free tickets, hope he comes through!
Well, whether he does or not, i assume you'll be there - would be good to meet for a pint beforehand. Couldn't even talk the kiddo into coming along so i'll be a billy! This will be the 3rd or 4th time i've hit a Janes show on my tod... not sure if that's a reflection of me or the band?!!

dannyboy

#40 Post by dannyboy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 am

Oh yeah, I'll be there. Ha! I've been to a few janes shows by myself too but usually meet some cool fans there

Eric B.

#41 Post by Eric B. » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 am

Come on guys. Put in some Mainland shows like Amsterdam!!!

elbuitre

#42 Post by elbuitre » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:28 am

Surely they'll play more than 11 songs at their own gig? Don't they just churn out hour-long sets at festivals?

I read that interview with Dave too and I can't imagine the songs will be played any differently than they have been for the last number of years. As ever, I just want lots of echo in perry's voice and no down-tuning.

The Vegas shows will give us an idea of what to expect.

Larry B.

#43 Post by Larry B. » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:52 am

elbuitre wrote:As ever, I just want lots of echo in perry's voice and no down-tuning.
That's two things Jane's have not used/done in about 10 years, I don't see one single reason they'll start doing it in the UK.

Matz

#44 Post by Matz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:59 am

A Dave quote about the shows
He also added that even though he is now a more technically gifted guitarist, he hopes to recapture some of the youthful energy of the original recording, flaws and all. He stated: "I've not really listened to 'Nothing's Shocking' since it came out but I have done recently. It was very strange and struck me how fearless we were, even though the playing's not as good. It's weird for me to have to relearn my own band's music. A lack of education on your instrument can lead to more visceral music. But these shows are going to be great, and I can't wait."
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/janes-addiction ... 57XzcH0.99
Apparantly he's a bit delusional. His technique is not as good now as it was in the 80's and 90's from what I judge anyway

Warped

#45 Post by Warped » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 am

Fuck me :boobs: - i am thinkin about flying over to UK for that shit...honestly only to see Dave play. :love:

bman

#46 Post by bman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 am

Matz wrote:A Dave quote about the shows
He also added that even though he is now a more technically gifted guitarist, he hopes to recapture some of the youthful energy of the original recording, flaws and all. He stated: "I've not really listened to 'Nothing's Shocking' since it came out but I have done recently. It was very strange and struck me how fearless we were, even though the playing's not as good. It's weird for me to have to relearn my own band's music. A lack of education on your instrument can lead to more visceral music. But these shows are going to be great, and I can't wait."
Apparantly he's a bit delusional. His technique is not as good now as it was in the 80's and 90's from what I judge anyway

I disagree. I recently watched a Lolla 91 show. They were sloppy back then. They played with reckless abandon and it was fucking beautiful. But sonically (not Perry), they do sound much tighter now sometimes ,mainly b/c Dave is sober. Dave does play it safe now but his playing is far tighter than it used to be. Now if you can just recapture Perrys voice from that era these would be great shows!

Matz

#47 Post by Matz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:01 pm

to me he peaked live at the Hammerstein ballroom, he had amazing chops back then. It was also during this time he played the "speedy lines" in his instructional video. He can't improv a solo like that anymore....he's still great though

JOEinPHX

#48 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:09 pm

elbuitre wrote: As ever, I just want lots of echo in perry's voice
Never going to happen. When he was screaming like a banshee the echo sounded cool.

Now that he's completely horse and just talks through the sets, the echo will only make it sound worse.

He likely dialed down the echo because all it did was repeat his constant vocal failures for everyone to hear 6 times.

Mescal

#49 Post by Mescal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Matz wrote:A Dave quote about the shows
:lol:

Mescal

#50 Post by Mescal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Matz wrote:to me he peaked live at the Hammerstein ballroom, he had amazing chops back then. It was also during this time he played the "speedy lines" in his instructional video. He can't improv a solo like that anymore....he's still great though

We so agree on Hammerstein. I totally get you