Is Jane's planning on touring this year?

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Re: Is Jane's planning on touring this year?

#26 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:i don't mind the HOB.

(i know you were waiting for my opinion)
Hollywood HOB has a terrible sounding house PA and some asshat security regulars. Anaheim HOB depending on the show will make you stay upstairs w/no floor access if you get there past a certain time.

I will say I've seen some pretty great shows at the Hollywood HOB though. Clapton in '94was outstanding.

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:11 pm

sinep wrote:i'm waiting for the ultimate pandemonium posts in which you somehow relate killing joke, u2, and vh to a single topic.
Don't. Make. Me...... UNLEASH DA FURY!!!

el segundo

#28 Post by el segundo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Im going to see Social Distortion in two months...I have never seen them live, but somthing tells me they will put on a better show than Jane's (my brother is a die hard SD fan, so I will ask how they mixed up the set list compared to the past decade of shows) lol

Pandemonium

#29 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 am

el segundo wrote:Im going to see Social Distortion in two months...I have never seen them live, but somthing tells me they will put on a better show than Jane's (my brother is a die hard SD fan, so I will ask how they mixed up the set list compared to the past decade of shows) lol
Social Distortion is alright live, but imo they (or rather Mike Ness) lost a lot of energy and focus when guitarist Dennis Danell died a decade ago. They do swap out a couple songs on multi-night stands at the same venue but nothing like say, a Pearl Jam or Black Crows type totally different set every show. SD also barely breaks the 90 minute mark on their shows. I'm floored they booked a show as headliner at Irvine Meadows in Oct despite OC being the center of their hardcore fanbase.

Fun fact - my buddy who's band opened for them on some dates during one of their holiday HOB stints in Anaheim/LA about 5 years ago said they make an amazing amount of money on merch at their shows - something like 25 - 30k per show even though the venue holds about 1,500 people. It's like *everyone* buys shirts, etc at their shows.

And "Live At The Roxy" is one of the best live albums you'll ever hear.

kv

#30 Post by kv » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 am

ya denny is like soc d's avery...pat of it's core soul...but regardless if you have never seen ness, he will stoke ya out for sure

Hokahey
Site Admin

#31 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:29 am

In regards to Jane's, there's been mention of a Fall tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a 14-15 date club tour for October.

Pandemonium

#32 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:39 am

kv wrote:ya denny is like soc d's avery...pat of it's core soul...but regardless if you have never seen ness, he will stoke ya out for sure
The best SD show I caught was when they opened for Iggy Pop around '88 at the Hollywood Palladium. Great set, tons of energy. Last time I saw Ness was at this Springsteen show at the LA Sports Arena a couple years ago:

Romeo

#33 Post by Romeo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 am

creep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they do a few scattered dates before the end of the year with a LA area NYE show like they did in '03.
nye is in hawaii this year
So they're doing two shows on consecutive nights in Hawaii? Because NYE is 12/31 and the date they supposedly have booked is 12/30 at the Blaisdell Concert Hall in Honolulu.
i thought i read that perry and etty are staying in hawaii for their annual vacation after the show so i was assuming a nye show in maui. just a guess... :noclue:
:essence:
We know NYE is reserved for a $500 a ticket Aspen show like the last few years :wink:

creep
Site Admin

#34 Post by creep » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 pm

for you east coast people the HOB nj show is the 21st. tickets are on sale now

Hokahey
Site Admin

#35 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:14 pm

creep wrote:for you east coast people the HOB nj show is the 21st. tickets are on sale now
That has to be the 1st official date as part of a larger tour...

Essence_Smith

#36 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:25 pm

There's a Vegas event they're playing with a BUNCH of other acts...I saw it on a Metro ad today...

http://www.janesaddiction.com/events/50951

http://www.iheartradio.com/cc-common/ih ... -festival/

YIKES...Jay Z, J-Lo and Janes???

Bandit72

#37 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:37 pm

YES! I will travel within a hyperbolic chamber rt @DrWolfenstein82: Due to you not well enough for Reading Leeds, anychance of a UK Tour:)
Not sure if Perry is taking the piss here or what, but I think maybe we'll see Jane's again soon in the UK.

Japhy

#38 Post by Japhy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
YES! I will travel within a hyperbolic chamber rt @DrWolfenstein82: Due to you not well enough for Reading Leeds, anychance of a UK Tour:)
Not sure if Perry is taking the piss here or what, but I think maybe we'll see Jane's again soon in the UK.
He's been rampant on twitter this past 24 hours. Earlier today, he made it sound like they pushed the record release date back purely because of the album artwork.

Anyways, i for one hope there is a UK tour. Whether i agree with all of the moves they've made in recent years or not, i still love seeing them live.

Bandit72

#39 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:41 am

Japhy wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:
He's been rampant on twitter this past 24 hours. Earlier today, he made it sound like they pushed the record release date back purely because of the album artwork.

Anyways, i for one hope there is a UK tour. Whether i agree with all of the moves they've made in recent years or not, i still love seeing them live.
This is the same for me. And I think because it won't be NIN/JA they'll do smaller clubs. Here's hoping.

creep
Site Admin

#40 Post by creep » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:44 am

JANE’S ADDICTION TO RETURN TO INTIMATE CLUB SHOWS

On November 23 and 25, 1988, alternative rock pioneers JANE’S ADDICTION took to the stage of Chicago’s legendary Metro—the city’s destination for exciting new music--to launch their seminal, ground-breaking album Nothing’s Shocking. On September 24 and 25, 2011, frontman Perry Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Stephen Perkins, along with Chris Chaney on bass, will return to the venue partnering with Citi to launch their newest offering, THE GREAT ESCAPE ARTIST, now due out Tuesday, October 18 ( :lolol: )via Capitol.

These Chicago dates mark the start of a one-of-a-kind series of two-night stands that will also take place in New York and Los Angeles. Citi® cardmembers will have access to presale tickets for the Chicago Metro shows beginning Tuesday, September 6th at 10AM central time through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details including exclusive VIP packages, custom launch show merchandise and unique opportunities to interact with the band visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

Tickets go on sale for the Chicago Metro shows on Saturday September 10. Keep checking www.citiprivatepass.com, www.JanesAddiction.com and www.facebook.com/JanesAddiction for ticket information on Los Angeles and New York.

The idea of big bands playing small rooms is always a special experience for the fans, but for JANE’S ADDICTION, this will also take them back to re-play some of their early classic shows in legendary clubs. JANE’S 1988 two night stand at the Cabaret Metro for Nothing’s Shocking are still considered by many Chicagoans as some of the greatest rock club shows of all time.

The JANE’S ADDICTION Small Club Room Dates Are:
9/24 Chicago, IL Metro
9/25 Chicago, IL Metro
10/3 Los Angeles, CA TBA
10/4 Los Angeles, CA TBA
10/17 New York, NY TBA
10/18 New York, NY TBA
san francisco???

Pandemonium

#41 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:30 am

creep wrote:
JANE’S ADDICTION TO RETURN TO INTIMATE CLUB SHOWS

On November 23 and 25, 1988, alternative rock pioneers JANE’S ADDICTION took to the stage of Chicago’s legendary Metro—the city’s destination for exciting new music--to launch their seminal, ground-breaking album Nothing’s Shocking. On September 24 and 25, 2011, frontman Perry Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Stephen Perkins, along with Chris Chaney on bass, will return to the venue partnering with Citi to launch their newest offering, THE GREAT ESCAPE ARTIST, now due out Tuesday, October 18 ( :lolol: )via Capitol.

These Chicago dates mark the start of a one-of-a-kind series of two-night stands that will also take place in New York and Los Angeles. Citi® cardmembers will have access to presale tickets for the Chicago Metro shows beginning Tuesday, September 6th at 10AM central time through Citi's Private Pass® Program. For complete presale details including exclusive VIP packages, custom launch show merchandise and unique opportunities to interact with the band visit http://www.citiprivatepass.com.

Tickets go on sale for the Chicago Metro shows on Saturday September 10. Keep checking http://www.citiprivatepass.com, http://www.JanesAddiction.com and http://www.facebook.com/JanesAddiction for ticket information on Los Angeles and New York.

The idea of big bands playing small rooms is always a special experience for the fans, but for JANE’S ADDICTION, this will also take them back to re-play some of their early classic shows in legendary clubs. JANE’S 1988 two night stand at the Cabaret Metro for Nothing’s Shocking are still considered by many Chicagoans as some of the greatest rock club shows of all time.

The JANE’S ADDICTION Small Club Room Dates Are:
9/24 Chicago, IL Metro
9/25 Chicago, IL Metro
10/3 Los Angeles, CA TBA
10/4 Los Angeles, CA TBA
10/17 New York, NY TBA
10/18 New York, NY TBA
san francisco???
I just made a new thread with this info before I caught your post.