Time is weird. And scary

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Hype

Re: Time is weird. And scary

#26 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:31 am

Jasper wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:The feeling of the passage of time definitely accelerates as you get older
I (gently) told you that about, oh, seven years ago when encouraging you to seize the day, and you flipped out and insisted I was telling you how to live, and claimed it (the perception of time speeding up) was probably only true for me, so I should . . . stop telling you how to live. :lol:
That doesn't sound like me. Also, I may have been nitpicking your particular claim or its wording (which does sound like me). It's also not a particularly profound or interesting thing to think... pretty sure it's just obvious.

Hype

#27 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:34 am

I have no idea what's happening on this page though...

Jasper

#28 Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:The feeling of the passage of time definitely accelerates as you get older
I (gently) told you that about, oh, seven years ago when encouraging you to seize the day, and you flipped out and insisted I was telling you how to live, and claimed it (the perception of time speeding up) was probably only true for me, so I should . . . stop telling you how to live. :lol:
That doesn't sound like me. Also, I may have been nitpicking your particular claim or its wording (which does sound like me). It's also not a particularly profound or interesting thing to think... pretty sure it's just obvious.
Oh, Hypie, the author of this adolescent mini tantrum was certainly you, and it had nothing to do with the wording and everything to do with you denying such a phenomenon and becoming quite surly about your life trajectory. If it had been "obvious" to you, you'd not have denied it with such vigor. What was odd was that it hadn't been a contentious discussion, and my post preceding yours was meant as encouragement.

It's quite alright if you don't recall, don't believe me, or simply find it disquieting. One seldom cares to see snapshots of one's own unflattering behavior.

Larry B.

#29 Post by Larry B. » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Jasper wrote:
That doesn't sound like me.
:lol: :lol:

kv

#30 Post by kv » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Holy kettle jasper

Jasper

#31 Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:10 pm

kv wrote:Holy kettle jasper
I'm not pointing out Hype's overall foibles as exceptional, nor am I denying my own. I'm merely recounting something humorous that really did happen, and how it's even funnier now that Hype — having vigorously denied a phenomenon — seems to be saying that the existence of said phenomenon is obvious and has probably always been obvious.

Hype's post back then always struck me as particularly weird/funny, so I never forgot it. I am recalling and recounting the past because it's funny, and the dawn of a New Year even makes it a bit wistful. I think we can all look back and have a giggle at many things.

In closing, fuck Sonny.

kv

#32 Post by kv » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:38 pm

We'd all be on Erik and mikes site if not for sonny and you'd be wishing you weren't banned

No sonny, no this...ty sonny!

Jasper

#33 Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Fuck Sonny only for deleting years of posts with no warning. Otherwise I mostly appreciate what Sonny did.

Hype

#34 Post by Hype » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:03 pm

I think there's some serious e-autism going on here.... me included. Jesus Christ.... :lolol: :scared: :confused: :blah: :bs:

Matov

#35 Post by Matov » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Happy New Year ANR!

zendo

#36 Post by zendo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 pm

I just doubled my son's age. Took him to the NINJA show in NY after many years of my hyping the original lineup. He was conceived the weekend I was introduced to NS. Thank you all for this introspective thread.

:thumb:

Juana

#37 Post by Juana » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:42 pm

kv wrote:We'd all be on Erik and mikes site if not for sonny and you'd be wishing you weren't banned

Good on Sonny but shitty way to end it. But it is what it is. He wanted to end it and maybe there was something there for him dedicating that much time to something he might not fully enjoy anymore.

CaseyContrarian

#38 Post by CaseyContrarian » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:15 pm

Time is also a flat circle.

Oops, wrong thread!

krakle

#39 Post by krakle » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:17 am

Larry B. wrote:I've visited these boards half of my life. I've had more continuous contact with some of you people than with 95% of my school classmates.
SR wrote:I am 48 and don't remember when I joined.
Larry B. wrote:
kv wrote:Ah F.T.W. skater hype...i like older drunker hype more
They're both equally douchey, it's just that his older douchery has got more in common with your own douchery, thus appearing more likeable.
Adurentibus Spina wrote:I think there's some serious e-autism going on here....
zendo wrote:I just doubled my son's age. He was conceived the weekend I was introduced to NS. Thank you all for this introspective thread.

:thumb:
:lol: Yes, thanks y´all. First time I log in since I don´t know when and had a laugh reading this. :hehe:

SR

#40 Post by SR » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:36 am

Arty and I were just talking about you on fb this am. Freeeeeeaaakehhh

Larry B.

#41 Post by Larry B. » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:03 pm

krakle wrote: :lol: Yes, thanks y´all. First time I log in since I don´t know when and had a laugh reading this. :hehe:
I invited you to last year's Secret Santa around November, so it's been a while!

Essence_Smith

#42 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Juana wrote:
kv wrote:We'd all be on Erik and mikes site if not for sonny and you'd be wishing you weren't banned

Good on Sonny but shitty way to end it. But it is what it is. He wanted to end it and maybe there was something there for him dedicating that much time to something he might not fully enjoy anymore.
Sonny did what was right for HIMSELF in the end...he knew that if he kept all the posts etc he would eventually have brought the site back...I look at it like a drunk deciding to throw out all the booze as opposed to trying to lock it in a cabinet in his house... :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#43 Post by Hokahey » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
Juana wrote:

Sonny did what was right for HIMSELF in the end...he knew that if he kept all the posts etc he would eventually have brought the site back...I look at it like a drunk deciding to throw out all the booze as opposed to trying to lock it in a cabinet in his house... :lol:
Yeah, except despite being owner, he shared the place with a hundred other drinkers. He could have at least warned them the booze was going.

It was selfish and immature. Typical of his tenure on these boards, which is why I started a new community to begin with back in 2002.