Articles/Interviews - The ANR Exclusives

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Articles/Interviews - The ANR Exclusives

#21 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 pm

CaseyContrarian wrote:I've enjoyed going through these; many I've encountered, some are new. Like the Jay Babcock interview with Perry from '01 (I think). Here's a great line:

"Eric Avery--I wanna record with Eric Avery again. I wanna make up with him. I don’t know why it hasn’t happened yet, but... maybe I’ll have to try harder. I’m sure we can do it. There’s things that are deep in his heart, deep in my heart, I bet we that can get to the bottom of it. He’s a great musician. One of the greatest I’ve ever played with."

Depressing, really.
It went from that to...

"Hey Eric, I brought my macbook with me with all the Satellite Party songs you're going to play on"

:balls:

No wonder Trent was :banghead:

pandarve666

#22 Post by pandarve666 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for making this available again.

I had a great time reading them.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#23 Post by Hokahey » Wed May 12, 2021 9:07 pm

Man, it's a trip to read through these again. I barely remember conducting these interviews. That was a lifetime ago. I don't even really remember how I got access to anyone outside of Pete.

There were other people surrounding the band I talked to as well that weren't "famous" enough for interviews. Friends of the band.

The take away from everyone way back then even was that Etty was calling the shots (I avoided printing anything critical), Perry had screwed over Casey, and that Jane's was done being an "art rock" band and were ready to be more of a classic rock band; to take their place amongst the greats and be more mainstream.