European tour??

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Eric B.

European tour??

#1 Post by Eric B. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:05 am

Nice. A London-show. Maybe they'll do a couple more in Europe. Get to Amsterdaam Guys. Last time in Europe was 2003 I think??? Wait, there were some shows with Rage against the machine after that.

Oh well, I'll probably go to an Amsterdam show. Maybe this London-show is a nice excuse tot go to London once again. On itself it isn't worth the trip of coarse, but what else is a 40-ish guy gonna do with his money?? (sounds terrible I know).

http://www.gigwise.com/news/106014/jane ... o.facebook

Noonesshocking

Re: European tour??

#2 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:41 am

Isn't their 25th anniversary in 2018? :conf:

kv

#3 Post by kv » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:01 am

Shhh they won't play the record in full either...but come on it's a special one night complete album anniversary bottom of the barrel someone please come Europe you used to think we were cool one more time get high come drink with perry Etty shoe show!

Larry B.

#4 Post by Larry B. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:15 am

By 2031 Perry should have his immersive theatre show ready. I'm sure Londoners can hardly wait. That's actually the reason they're keeping the queen alive, she doesn't want to miss Perry immersing his nose inside Etty's crotch.

Bandit72

#5 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:32 am

I was interested for a second, even if it was London. But it's a fucking Monday night. FFS.

Noonesshocking

#6 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 am

Wait had my dates mixed up. Their 25th anniversary was in 2010. Technically it's been 31 years since they formed.

I'd say "WTF" in regards to promoting this as a 25th anniversary thing, but this kind of stuff is par for the course isn't it.

Artemis

#7 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:54 pm

They'll also be playing a career-spanning set, calling upon all four of their albums - the last of which was 2011's The Great Escape Artist.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#8 Post by Hokahey » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Artemis wrote:
They'll also be playing a career-spanning set, calling upon all four of their albums - the last of which was 2011's The Great Escape Artist.
So:

The usual set +

Just Because
Irresistible Force

Matz

#9 Post by Matz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:09 pm

they should add Price i pay

Moschops

#10 Post by Moschops » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:56 pm

http://www.songkick.com/artists/124586-janes-addiction

Friday 10 June 2016 – Sunday 12 June 2016
Jane's Addiction
Download Festival 2016
Donington Park, Castle Donington, UK

Saturday 11 June 2016
Jane's Addiction
with Saxon
Hippodrome de Longchamp, Paris, France

Monday 13 June 2016
Jane's Addiction
O2 Forum Kentish Town, London, UK

Wednesday 15 June 2016
Jane's Addiction
Fabrique, Milan, Italy

Thursday 16 June 2016 – Saturday 18 June 2016
Jane's Addiction
Mad Cool Festival 2016
La Caja Mágica, Madrid, Spain
So it looks like a few festivals and a couple of headline gigs. The Paris one looks a bit odd - it's plainly some sort of festival and the lineup for that day is listed as Saxon, Mass Hysteria, Korn, Amon Amarth, Biffy Clyro, Shinedown, ONE OK ROCK, Arcane Roots, The Struts, Jane's Addiction, and Apocalyptica. I'm astonished that Saxon are still going, let alone are seen as a viable headliner!

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:40 pm

hokahey wrote:
Artemis wrote:
So:

The usual set +

Just Because
Irresistible Force
Irresistible Force? Not a chance in hell.

Just because the article says they will play stuff from all their other albums (which is what most bands do, hence the assumption), doesn't mean Jane's will stop being Jane's.

80 minute set, including Perry's rants in between songs about Etty's vag.

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Moschops wrote:I'm astonished that Saxon are still going, let alone are seen as a viable headliner!
Saxon seems to have been plugging away putting out albums every few years since their heyday in the late 80's and I think they still have a strong following in Europe. I think they have put out more studio albums then The Rolling Stones. Decades ago, I used to love what was probably their biggest album, "Power And The Glory." I can't imagine they've aged well.

Japhy

#13 Post by Japhy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:26 am

Bandit72 wrote:I was interested for a second, even if it was London. But it's a fucking Monday night. FFS.
Same... it's even on the right side of the river for me but just can't get stoked for it. Quite a few rarely played songs are on that record but, like we all know, there's no guarantee that they'll even play them!

I'm down in the smoke the previous week for another show - think i'll just leave it at that. Shame but excitement has gone.

Artemis

#14 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:05 am

The tour is less than three months away. Will Etty's injury be healed enough for her to dance?? #worried

Hokahey
Site Admin

#15 Post by Hokahey » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:02 am

Artemis wrote:The tour is less than three months away. Will Etty's injury be healed enough for her to dance?? #worried
Either way, I'll be stunned if she's not on the stage in some capacity.

Mescal

#16 Post by Mescal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:50 pm

I drove up to Holland the last time they were in the ’neighbourhood’, opening for RATM.

One of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. Duff was on bass.

And from what I’ve seen, they haven’t really gotten any better. Won’t say I wouldn’t see em at a festival if I was there anyway, but I’m not going through any trouble to see them

krakle

#17 Post by krakle » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:00 pm

I can't believe they are still getting booked.

They've had their chances being a relevant band, still today. However, they completely blew it.
I was at the Kentish Town Forum for their show in 2003(?) I believe it was Chris Cheney's first gig with Janes. Pretty good show, and The Bays doing doing support was good too.
Will not attend any of these shows...

Japhy

#18 Post by Japhy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:58 pm

krakle wrote:I can't believe they are still getting booked.

They've had their chances being a relevant band, still today. However, they completely blew it.
I was at the Kentish Town Forum for their show in 2003(?) I believe it was Chris Cheney's first gig with Janes. Pretty good show, and The Bays doing doing support was good too.
Yeah same... and that show was infinitely better than this one could be so i don't see the point. It's also £45 which i really cant fucking believe.

Eric B.

#19 Post by Eric B. » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:04 am

Mescal wrote:I drove up to Holland the last time they were in the ’neighbourhood’, opening for RATM.

One of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. Duff was on bass.

And from what I’ve seen, they haven’t really gotten any better. Won’t say I wouldn’t see em at a festival if I was there anyway, but I’m not going through any trouble to see them

I considered going there, but 85 euro's for an opening gig was insane I thought so I skipped it. In hindsight I'm glad I did. 30 tot 40 euro's for a clubgig I'd probably still pay...........at least once every 13 years.

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:14 pm

hokahey wrote:
Artemis wrote:The tour is less than three months away. Will Etty's injury be healed enough for her to dance?? #worried
That old sideways rocking chair is coming out of storage. She'll use it the whole show. That way it's both RDLH related AND she can get paid.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#21 Post by Hokahey » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:
That old sideways rocking chair is coming out of storage. She'll use it the whole show. That way it's both RDLH related AND she can get paid.
I bet she gets paid more than Chaney. She was probably thrilled when Eric left so she could get a raise.

erotic cheeses

#22 Post by erotic cheeses » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:28 pm

krakle wrote:I can't believe they are still getting booked.

Don't you remember the sound issues most of the set was ruined with no sound at all? First airing of hypersonic as an encore though...

That being said one of my best ja memories was queuing to get in listening to some sound check stuff from the first album having not heard anything live from them for over ten years

kv

#23 Post by kv » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:00 pm

erotic cheeses wrote: First airing of hypersonic as an encore though.
Oh what a special moment in time lol

I have the set list from first show they played it (true nature as well)....all these years later and meh...just makes me miss martyn...ironicly as I type this I am watching an LA Kings hockey game on TV...they are playing "stop" in the arena...that band I miss

dannyboy

#24 Post by dannyboy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:15 am

I'll probably go to the Milan show.

Kentish Town was out of this world! First janes UK gig since the olden days and the atmosphere was electric. So much love for the band from the fans and it felt reciprocated, especially from Perry. (I also enjoyed the soundcheck from the side alley).
Sound problems didn't matter at all. Perhaps might have spoiled it for inanimate folk near the back. I just remember everyone singing to jane says and I would for you to help perry out while his mike was fucked! Also dave playing drums at the end! They didn't want to leave the stage.

Great, great, great gig. I enjoyed it more than the Santa Barbara and coachella shows!

danhans

#25 Post by danhans » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:32 am

£75 a ticket. Fuck that.