Perry'z latest FB Post

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
S&M

Perry'z latest FB Post

#1 Post by S&M » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Perry rarely speaks backward in his history?...Check out his latest FB post...Seem's rather final like a goodbye?...He posted "Then she died" and almost said goodbye?....I really hope he is ok health wise?...I freaking adore him!!!!

JOEinPHX

Re: Perry'z latest FB Post

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Weird.

Did Etty get drunk and finally tell Perry she's only with him for his money?

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:54 pm

I just ran a search on Twitter to see if anything came up about the dude.

March 29th is his birthday. Is he just being emo about turning 57?

S&M

#4 Post by S&M » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm seriously worried he has cancer and losing the battle :sad:

S&M

#5 Post by S&M » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:13 pm

He did say about the last few shows....."ok a few more"...I've never seen Perry not cash in on a opportunity like rituals anniversary?...I really hope I'm wrong and just reading too much into it?...But maybe Perry been fighting cancer for a while?...He hasn't looked himself?....I'm just hoping I'm wrong....I really love him...I know people here don't share that feeling....but he shifted my head with his being....he captivated me :love:

Matz

#6 Post by Matz » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:47 am

whatever it is it's cool to see that he considers Then she did from Hammerstein a highlight of his career, or maybe THE hightlight :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:26 am

one of his replies :noclue:
I am just in a reflective mood tonight.

ja littlehelper

#8 Post by ja littlehelper » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:00 am

maybe he was drunk when he posted that :cheers:

bman

#9 Post by bman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:14 am

Sounds like he's just bummed he's 57! I wish he could take some of that cryptic reflection and write some new Jane's songs that aren't about Soulmates. Happy Bday Perry!

Stickyfingers

#10 Post by Stickyfingers » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:37 am

Perry coming down to reality from the exciting of revolutionary Kind Heaven projects...

Getting old and can't reach high pitch as the old days.

After all, still my hero.

Happy birthday, Perry :wink:

Larry B.

#11 Post by Larry B. » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:50 am

He wants some fucking attention. He's a fucking old fuck craving attention and reassurances that he's made songs that will live with us forever and that he will be forever remembered as a brilliant genius.

Well, fuck you Perry. You missed your fucking chance. I'll remember you as a fucking greedy deluded bastard who was inspired by his girlfriend to become an artistic genius for a few years. And whenever I listen to "Then She Did..." I'll remember that you also made "I Like'em Big" and 87 remixes of "Here we go" and "10, 9, 8, 7..." and "1, 2, 3, 4..."

What a pathetic loser.

SR

#12 Post by SR » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:08 am

Oh shit. I agree with larry. :yikes:

Artemis

#13 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:13 am

Maybe Perry is going through "manopause". :lol:

Hype

#14 Post by Hype » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:18 am

The other day at a dinner I was talking about American gun culture and the strangeness of it compared to the rest of the world. One of the other people at the table made a remark about time they spent in LA years ago being the first time they had ever heard gunshots (and they thought it was just firecrackers or balloons popping) -- when they asked neighbours about it they said: "Oh, yeah, that's just gunshots -- you get used to it." The otherwordliness of that idea for the Canadians at the table stuck out to me and reminded me of Perry's incredible and evocative descriptions of Los Angeles that are among the best lyrics he ever wrote. The opening of Classic Girl is a snapshot of a world I think most people don't understand (except those of you who were there, then, and even then, you're still interpreting through your own experiences), embedded in a song with a bigger message that resonates universally. He really was a genius at that time -- if he wrote those lyrics entirely himself. I still wonder how much help he had from Casey -- that song is about her, but having seen some of her own poetry, it even sounds a bit like her, but maybe that's just because she and Perry had mutually influenced each other at the time. And that doesn't diminish it one bit.

Still... I don't hate the guy for what he's become -- he gave us the lyrics to Idiots Rule to understand what happened there. And all those visions of Los Angeles intertwined with metaphors and ways to see the world I'll never experience myself... you'd have to be profoundly cynical not to recognize the quasi-immortality Perry has managed to attain: something like Diotima's vision of reproduction of love and oneself in art from Plato's Symposium. The man now is just an aging body and there's no value for me left in that -- except as a person. And much of the work that body has left behind is detritus to be forgotten, but not those two great albums, or what they can do to and for people at the right moments. :rockon:

Everybody's Friend

#15 Post by Everybody's Friend » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Hype wrote:The other day at a dinner I was talking about American gun culture and the strangeness of it compared to the rest of the world. One of the other people at the table made a remark about time they spent in LA years ago being the first time they had ever heard gunshots (and they thought it was just firecrackers or balloons popping) -- when they asked neighbours about it they said: "Oh, yeah, that's just gunshots -- you get used to it." The otherwordliness of that idea for the Canadians at the table stuck out to me and reminded me of Perry's incredible and evocative descriptions of Los Angeles that are among the best lyrics he ever wrote. The opening of Classic Girl is a snapshot of a world I think most people don't understand (except those of you who were there, then, and even then, you're still interpreting through your own experiences), embedded in a song with a bigger message that resonates universally. He really was a genius at that time -- if he wrote those lyrics entirely himself. I still wonder how much help he had from Casey -- that song is about her, but having seen some of her own poetry, it even sounds a bit like her, but maybe that's just because she and Perry had mutually influenced each other at the time. And that doesn't diminish it one bit.

Still... I don't hate the guy for what he's become -- he gave us the lyrics to Idiots Rule to understand what happened there. And all those visions of Los Angeles intertwined with metaphors and ways to see the world I'll never experience myself... you'd have to be profoundly cynical not to recognize the quasi-immortality Perry has managed to attain: something like Diotima's vision of reproduction of love and oneself in art from Plato's Symposium. The man now is just an aging body and there's no value for me left in that -- except as a person. And much of the work that body has left behind is detritus to be forgotten, but not those two great albums, or what they can do to and for people at the right moments. :rockon:

That was one of the more thoughtful posts I've read on xiola/ANR.

kv

#16 Post by kv » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:43 pm

I hate the guy for what he has become..yet will always love him for who he was

Hype

#17 Post by Hype » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Sadness... It's a cloud. :)

bman

#18 Post by bman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:32 pm

Larry B. wrote:He wants some fucking attention. He's a fucking old fuck craving attention and reassurances that he's made songs that will live with us forever and that he will be forever remembered as a brilliant genius.

Well, fuck you Perry. You missed your fucking chance. I'll remember you as a fucking greedy deluded bastard who was inspired by his girlfriend to become an artistic genius for a few years. And whenever I listen to "Then She Did..." I'll remember that you also made "I Like'em Big" and 87 remixes of "Here we go" and "10, 9, 8, 7..." and "1, 2, 3, 4..."

What a pathetic loser.
LOL! Larry, can you point me in the direction of your youtube clips of sold out shows where people gave a shit about you?

kv

#19 Post by kv » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:35 pm

I love reading posts like that and knowing before I look at the user name that it's bman

Hokahey
Site Admin

#20 Post by Hokahey » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:50 pm

The only thing weird is that he can watch a clip from when he was great and still see it that way. I'm surprised he didn't post some remixed performance of it featuring DJ Golddick with his lazer sound machine.

Larry B.

#21 Post by Larry B. » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:54 pm

bman wrote:
Larry B. wrote:He wants some fucking attention. He's a fucking old fuck craving attention and reassurances that he's made songs that will live with us forever and that he will be forever remembered as a brilliant genius.

What a pathetic loser.
LOL! Larry, can you point me in the direction of your youtube clips of sold out shows where people gave a shit about you?
You got me, I guess I lost that conversation then. Shouldn't mess with the bman.

Matz

#22 Post by Matz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:19 am

you're both right: Perry was once the greatest but has unfortunately turned into a narcissistic attention whore drama queen that posts shit like the other day and in the process even makes some here wonder if he's dying. It's pretty sick.

Compare Perry's behavior to a great artist who died recently, David Bowie. Did he post messages like that in his final days? No, he didn't even let the public know he was sick and made a killer album with a death theme throughout it instead. Amazing.

SR

#23 Post by SR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:09 am

:lolol: Comparing Bowie and PF is like comparing lightning to a lightning bug.

Everybody's Friend

#24 Post by Everybody's Friend » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:20 am

SR wrote::lolol: Comparing Bowie and PF is like comparing lightning to a lightning bug.
Perry just got SRved! :lol:

SR

#25 Post by SR » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 am

Everybody's Friend wrote:
SR wrote::lolol: Comparing Bowie and PF is like comparing lightning to a lightning bug.
Perry just got SRved! :lol:
:tiphat: , but I stole it from Twain. But it's still true.