Perry interview

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
JOEinPHX

Re: Perry interview

#41 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:12 am

ritdehabit wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:He literally says that in 1991 Napster was happening, and ruining the music industry, so that's why he took Jane's out with other bands for the first Lolla tour.

Does this stupid fuck even live in the real world anymore?

He's twitching because he's on fucking pharmaceuticals and taking way too many of them. He's going to be another Weiland if Etty has her way.
He also says that Jane's won the very first MTV video award.

It's just funny, because this is the timeline:

1991 - Ritual
1991 - Lollapalooza
1991 - Breakup
1997 - Reunion/Kettle Whistle
1998 - Breakup
1999, 2000, 2001 - Napster
2001 - Reunion/Touring
2003 - Strays

So according to Perry, Napster, in 1999, was affecting the record sales of Ritual in 1991, so he had to take other bands on the road to increase their attention?

Or is he saying that Napster, which ceased operations in 2001, caused album sales problems for Strays in 2003, resulting in him having to tour with Rollins and NIN and etc to increase their attention?

Because either way, LMFAO @ senile old guy.

blackula

#42 Post by blackula » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 pm

http://on.wsj.com/29EQdgi

Quick article. Perry seems to elaborate? a little about Kind Heaven?

Noonesshocking

#43 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:31 pm

All of this makes me really realize that we are lucky that the 08-10 reunion with Eric was as good as it was.

kv

#44 Post by kv » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:27 pm

soooooo glad i stopped going to see them after those avery warm up shows

nausearockpig

#45 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm

another one: http://loudwire.com/perry-farrell-janes ... s-project/
What exactly is Perry Farrell up to these days? While fronting Jane’s Addiction, he gave the music industry a boost with the introduction of the Lollapalooza festival many years ago, and it looks like the spirit of innovation is very much still alive with Farrell today. During a chat with the Wall Street Journal, Farrell teased a new music-centric project he’s starting in Las Vegas and revealed that Jane’s Addiction will be a “test-pilot” group to see how it all can work.
Farrell transitioned to talking about the project when he was asked about the competition in the festival world for Lollapalooza. The vocalist began, “I’m really happy there are festivals. If there weren’t festivals, I don’t know what music would sound like. Festivals have been the bread and butter for musicians for the last 10 years. We’ve been going at it for 25. The more festivals, the better. It’s just another place for the audience to gather and the musicians to perform for them.”
But, he added, “Like most things, when it’s knocked off and copied, after a while the artistry and the imagination starts to dry up. That, I’m not too happy about. That’s why I’m starting this new project. This new project is music-centric. It’s in Las Vegas. But I’m changing the model entirely. I’m changing the scale entirely — it’s going to be for an audience around 1,200 per show. It’s going to be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.”
Later in the interview, Farrell delved more into the project when asked about the possibility of new Jane’s Addiction music. “This new [Las Vegas] project is going to have Jane’s music. I’m going to be recording live music throughout the year; it’s a constant recording process. Jane’s is going to be the test-pilot group,” stated Farrell. “We’re going to have multiple residencies at this complex and Jane’s is going to be the first group hired. We already started working on some new tracks. But these things aren’t going to super takeoff. We have to finish off this 25-year celebration.”
The celebration Farrell is discussing is the band’s touring in support of the 25th anniversary of their Ritual de lo Habitual album. Dates for that run can be viewed here.

Read More: Perry Farrell: Jane's Addiction to 'Test Pilot' Las Vegas Project | http://loudwire.com/perry-farrell-janes ... ck=tsmclip
So someone is ripping off Lolla? Good thing that he didn't rip the idea off anyone to begin with..........
I’m going to be recording live music throughout the year
&
and Jane’s is going to be the first group hired
Are these two things mutually exclusive? Is he going to have Jane's play and record it for some other use.. wtf is he talking about??

bman

#46 Post by bman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm heading to two shows this weekend. This is what I'm going to keep my thoughts on rather than the latest stuff.....

Remember this guy...This guy went to the edge though. At least he did it once. You cant live like that for more than a few years. But yeah, it's night and day when you look at these intereviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVCap56 ... 40.3439064

JOEinPHX

#47 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:16 pm

I think what Perry is doing is clear:

They are going to record Jane's live shows, then use the live music as a soundtrack to people dancing and probably lip syncing along on stage.

So basically, he's going right back to the Karaoke Jane Says he was doing with Satellite Party, the thing Eric told him to stop doing because it was devaluing the brand.

:thumb:

If Jane's was publicly traded, it would be worth negative money once he does that.

drwintercreeper

#48 Post by drwintercreeper » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:49 pm

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/j ... 80841.html

I read WSJ and then put this show on. Gotta hold on to the good times...

nausearockpig

#49 Post by nausearockpig » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:26 pm

drwintercreeper wrote:http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/j ... 80841.html

I read WSJ and then put this show on. Gotta hold on to the good times...
I think the fact we have 1.0 memories and boots keeps us all from some sort of tear-frenzy.

Bandit72

#50 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:14 am

Larry B. wrote:
creep wrote:skip to the 16:00 point in the interview. i love it when he talks about kind heaven. this is a recent interview so he still is holding on to this silly idea.

Are you kidding?! Skip to 15:00 when he starts talking about how it took him two and a half years to take Etty to bed, and how he kept changing and changing until he convinced her to be with him, and how now she's probably his best friend, because "it's sad, but I don't have many friends".

Gold.
Maybe it took two and a hald years before her sex change was complete? I dunno, she/he may have been a bit sore.

tubro

#51 Post by tubro » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:32 am

bman wrote:I'm heading to two shows this weekend. This is what I'm going to keep my thoughts on rather than the latest stuff.....
Is there any way to know if they're playing RDLH this weekend? If i schlep all the way to coney or sweat with the good suburbanite deadheads in portchester, and they don't play then she did, let alone of course and no one's leaving, i may have to go republican and exercise my 2nd amendment rights. The good news is that forming a Jane's Sucks Militia on this forum shouldn't be too difficult. NS shows were not big deal because they play essentially the whole album most every show anyway, but i do want to see them take a shot at these RDLH tunes, and a beachside show can't be all bad.

Tyler Durden

#52 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:42 am

If they're not playing all of Ritual with Eric Avery, then who cares? :noclue:

Tyler Durden

#53 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:53 am

Makes me laugh that Perry is friends with Bon Jovi's keyboard player. :lol:

nausearockpig

#54 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:15 pm

tubro wrote:
bman wrote:I'm heading to two shows this weekend. This is what I'm going to keep my thoughts on rather than the latest stuff.....
Is there any way to know if they're playing RDLH this weekend? If i schlep all the way to coney or sweat with the good suburbanite deadheads in portchester, and they don't play then she did, let alone of course and no one's leaving, i may have to go republican and exercise my 2nd amendment rights. The good news is that forming a Jane's Sucks Militia on this forum shouldn't be too difficult. NS shows were not big deal because they play essentially the whole album most every show anyway, but i do want to see them take a shot at these RDLH tunes, and a beachside show can't be all bad.
Tweet Dave, Chris or Perkins asking?

bman

#55 Post by bman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:52 pm

They are. And when I saw the Ritual show in Dallas it was all of Ritual. I just hope we get Whore over Just Because.

blackula

#56 Post by blackula » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:37 pm

I don't know, articles are now saying "Ritual heavy" sets. I'll be annoyed, I lifted my boycott for a RDLH set, as advertised.

kv

#57 Post by kv » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Be ready to be annoyed

JOEinPHX

#58 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:06 am

kv wrote:Be ready to be annoyed
Eronicjenus. *whispered*
*Pew pew pew* (keyboard raygun)
*Etty hair flip*
Lays with himary *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Loms himary *wispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Bittapuzza *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Fitta neachotta *Wispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Onawittawee!
*Etty hair flip*
234 *wispered*

*Etty hair flip*

Bandit72

#59 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:10 am

:lol:

nausearockpig

#60 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:32 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Eronicjenus. *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
*Etty hair flip*
Loms himary *wispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Bittapuzza *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
*Etty hair flip*
Onawittawee!
*Etty hair flip*
234 *wispered*

*Etty hair flip*
I wish there was a "Like Post" button on this forum. Thats possibly the best post ever. EVER.

Japhy

#61 Post by Japhy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:41 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Eronicjenus. *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
*Etty hair flip*
Loms himary *wispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Bittapuzza *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
*Etty hair flip*
Onawittawee!
*Etty hair flip*
234 *wispered*

*Etty hair flip*
Hahaha... yep, that is fucking brilliant. I genuinely laughed out loud at every single "pew pew pew"... :lol:

Tyler Durden

#62 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 am

I want to read the "Ain't No Right" version of that.

Tyler Durden

#63 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 am

Seriously, with Perry being friends with David Bryan (keyboardist for Bon Jovi), I think Chaney's Addiction featuring Etty Farrell should cover "Runaway". Dave and Perk will be too afraid to challenge Perry on the decision...after all, they recorded "Another Soulmate".

tubro

#64 Post by tubro » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Eronicjenus. *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
*Etty hair flip*
Loms himary *wispered*
*Etty hair flip*
Bittapuzza *whispered*
*Etty hair flip*
*Etty hair flip*
Onawittawee!
*Etty hair flip*
234 *wispered*

*Etty hair flip*
Best post ever. Hall of fucking fame.
Yes the 'pew pew pew's' we're good but the devolution of the lyrics had me pissing myself by the time Fitta neachotta came up and genuinely waiting with Radiohead LP9 anticipation for what turned out (brilliantly) to be Onawittawee.
Kudos, Six7.
And thank you too for helping me decide what to do tonite. I was about to decide whether or not to jump in the car, grab my friend, and head to coney. Outdoor beach show vibe, Nathan's, the cyclone, and J Mascis are all big draws, as is hearing 'of course' for the first time since 91 with Morgan. But the thought that they wouldn't play 'of course' and the sweltering heat had me thinking of staying out of it. This post sealed the deal. I'm staying home and watching 'Room', to see a slightly less sad spectacle about a woman than watching Etty shake her fake tits around.

Oh, another thing. Fuck perry for being friends with that dude from Bon Jovi.