Asbury park review

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
creep
Site Admin

Re: Asbury park review

#41 Post by creep » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Six7Six7 wrote: He was clearly the aggressor.
who is being the aggressor now?

JOEinPHX

#42 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:56 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote: He was clearly the aggressor.
who is being the aggressor now?
You. Stop bullying me, creep.

Artemis

#43 Post by Artemis » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:22 pm

creep,

Sue

#44 Post by Sue » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:03 pm

bman wrote:
kv wrote:67 u so mean

I wish we had video..I guarantee bman was not the model citizen prior to choke hold....and was at a move or we choke you hold or was he choking you?
Trust me, I was standing in the middle of a packed crowd with my Wife and three friends. I am the furthest thing from a rowdy patron at shows. It was raining all night. I was standing still and had a hoodie on. Three Days starts and I take 1 puff of a tiny joint and drop it. From behind I am grabbed around my neck and hurried out. No words at all from the bouncers. Of course I started saying get the fuck off me. I wasn't fighting back or anything. I think I may have even said that I am a writer and will report you! (which isn't true) Once they pushed me out the gate is when I did lose my temper and verbally assault the goon and I'm pretty lucky because the roid heads would have could have given me a nice beating. My Wife got in the middle and then I had to deal with being pissed at me for almost getting in a fight! All and All it was a terrible night!

I've been to a bunch of the same shows as bman, met him once or twice in a group of bored members mingling (maybe at Banyan? Can't recall, it was proably 10 years ago but I digress)...anyway--my point is, I believe him as I've never seen him act anywhere close to warranting a choke hold, or actually anyone at any Jane's show I've attended. He also writes detailed reviews all the time and this is the first time we've ever heard him have a problem like that. Not that he need my $0.02 to defend him. I've also heard that there are over zealous bouncers at the Pony. :noclue:

ETA: as for the ticket issue, with the advent of the mobile tickets I've seen problems so frequently, even at MSG that I always print them (although I see bman said he didn't have that option). Don't trust the technology yet. Actually, I much prefer the hard tickets anyway for my collection, they are so much cooler than the full page printouts :love:

Juana

#45 Post by Juana » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Sounds like a shit show, I'm glad the bouncers and security around Austin don't suck like that.

MYXYLPLYX

#46 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Hmmm... I guess since I worked as a bouncer and actually have a published picture using a chokehold on a patron I'm obligated to reply here? :noclue:

At any rate, if bman's story about them placing hands on him without any provocation beyond his lighting up of a roach is true, then the venue security are entirely at fault.

Yeah, some of his behavior afterward might be chalked up as douchey, but given what preceded it, I give a pass.

The Fillmore where I started 15 years ago and still work on occasion is renown for looking the other way about weed smoking. If anything, I've had cigarette smokers get pissed at the double standard when I've asked them to put it out ("You can go outside and smoke your drug without repercussion...")

At the same time, back when I was a bouncer there were more than a few times a coworker went apeshit on some patron for almost no reason at all and it was just "Sorry buddy, I guess it's not your night." :conf: