Janes Nominated for HOF

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Noonesshocking

Re: Janes Nominated for HOF

#21 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Shall we play "If Jane's Addiction gets the nod, who inducts them?"?

I say Tom Morello. or Henry Rollins.

Those are the two guys who seem to kiss their ass the most when a quote about Jane's Addiction is needed.
Def Tom Morello. He's been fluffing Jann Wenner for years to ensure rage gets in on their first nomination.

drifter

#22 Post by drifter » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Shall we play "If Jane's Addiction gets the nod, who inducts them?"?

I say Tom Morello. or Henry Rollins.

Those are the two guys who seem to kiss their ass the most when a quote about Jane's Addiction is needed.
Def Tom Morello. He's been fluffing Jann Wenner for years to ensure rage gets in one their first nomination.
theses are some of there friends that played at perrys 50 bday party who seems to be tight so could be one of these

angelo moore would be cool :noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#23 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:46 pm

out of all those people i'm pretty sure tom is perry's only friend.

if they get in it would have to be tom morello or flea i would think :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#24 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Let's play "If Jane's Addiction gets inducted into the Rock n Roll HOF, how does Warner Bros. capitalize?"

I say a giant boxset of everything they have already released, with new artwork picked out by some random goof, and a silly name like "Jane's Addiction Legacy Collection"

Cost: $570

Hokahey
Site Admin

#25 Post by Hokahey » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Morello or Grohl. I read that Grohl is on the HOF board and played a role in campaigning for their nom.

Noonesshocking

#26 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Voted for 'em. Hope it helps :wink:

Noonesshocking

#27 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Also, Dave speaks out:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ve-navarro
And while the Rock Hall is nominating the original quartet -- with frontman Perry Farrell and bassist Eric Avery -- Navarro makes clear that "both of our bass players," including Chris Chaney since 2011, "were monumental parts of this band."

creep
Site Admin

#28 Post by creep » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Also, Dave speaks out:

And while the Rock Hall is nominating the original quartet -- with frontman Perry Farrell and bassist Eric Avery -- Navarro makes clear that "both of our bass players," including Chris Chaney since 2011, "were monumental parts of this band."
poor martyn

we remember you. i guess since they re recorded his parts in strays they now pretend he wasn't part of the song writing.

Noonesshocking

#29 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:36 pm

creep wrote:

poor martyn

we remember you. i guess since they re recorded his parts in strays they now pretend he wasn't part of the song writing.
Yeah, hopefully they give him a nod during the speech at least.

Also, they filmed the Irvine show from last month for a some kind of release. Why can't we just get the palladium show in full?

crater

#30 Post by crater » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:54 pm

I wonder if Perry is frantically booking appointments to get more work done to his face before the bands introduction?

JOEinPHX

#31 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
creep wrote:

poor martyn

Yeah, hopefully they give him a nod during the speech at least.

Also, they filmed the Irvine show from last month for a some kind of release. Why can't we just get the palladium show in full?
The Irvine show where Perry was drunk and on drugs?

Sounds great. Lifetime non-buyer.

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 pm

crater wrote:I wonder if Perry is frantically booking appointments to get more work done to his face before the bands introduction?
Gotta shave down that nose and chin some more, and shoot some botox into the forehead and neck, and get some filler in the cheeks and lips.

He's gonna look great. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#33 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:20 pm

You know what's going to be awesome though? Watching Navarro, Avery, and Perkins do Rockin In the Free World with Pearl Jam at the end of the night.

(Perry will of course already be gone to the 500k afterparty Etty throws in his honor at some local EDM club where a bunch of 22 year olds have no idea who he is and pay not a single second of attention to him because Skrillex is onstage)

Larry B.

#34 Post by Larry B. » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:17 am

When Etty finds out she's not being part of the nomination she's gonna be maaaad...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#35 Post by Hokahey » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:29 am

Yes, one wrote some of the best basslines in the history of rock music, while another re-recorded another bassists work and co-wrote with another.

CaseyContrarian

#36 Post by CaseyContrarian » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:38 am

Bad Brains Nominated for R&RHOF

#fixed

Romeo

#37 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:52 am

Hokahey wrote:
Matz wrote:If Pearl Jam get in before Jane's I'm flippin' out....Jane's paved the way for PJ
That's a slippery slope. You should then be arguing that Bad Brains should be in before PJ because Jane's probably wouldn't exist without them.

At some point you have to recognize that PJ have had a HUGE cultural impact and a lasting legacy. Pearl Jam, to many people, is the quintessential American rock band.

On a side note - NIN was nominated last year, didn't get in, and they're not even on this year's ballot. I
It's all about the $$$
PJ still brings in the $$$
Jane's does not. This is also political, favoritism, popularity contest and so far away from the "vision" Ahmet Ertegun originally had for a RnR HOF.

trevor ayer

#38 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 am

Dave forgot to mention janes addictions other 2 guitar players ... That guy that wrote all the songs before dave joined (chris sonething?) and of course pete, who wrote the other 2 good janes records with martyn .. I do still enjoy ink master tho .. So there is that

Romeo

#39 Post by Romeo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:02 am

Hokahey wrote:

Yes, one wrote some of the best basslines in the history of rock music, while another re-recorded another bassists work and co-wrote with another.
Here's another thing, If you are being inducted you have to buy your seat. Most artists buy a table for $25,000. (this was John Lydon's beef when the Pistols were inducted and why he didn't attend). I say IF they get in and Eric has to "buy" his seat and one for his wife, we start a "go fund me" page, buy a table for Eric and fill it with every person Perry would HATE to see but got him there... Casey, Jane, Dave Jerden... :tiphat:

blackcoffee

#40 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:03 am

I can''t be the only one who gets a kick out of the "sterling spoon" reference being a not to subtle nod to shooting dope, right?

Pandemonium

#41 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:03 am

blackcoffee wrote:I can''t be the only one who gets a kick out of the "sterling spoon" reference being a not to subtle nod to shooting dope, right?
Yeah, but in 21st century Jane's Ettyverse lingo, it's just a reference to fancy, pricey silverware as a wealthy status quo thing.

Mescal

#42 Post by Mescal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:I can''t be the only one who gets a kick out of the "sterling spoon" reference being a not to subtle nod to shooting dope, right?
Yeah, but in 21st century Jane's Ettyverse lingo, it's just a reference to fancy, pricey silverware as a wealthy status quo thing.
:lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Romeo wrote:
Hokahey wrote:

Here's another thing, If you are being inducted you have to buy your seat. Most artists buy a table for $25,000. (this was John Lydon's beef when the Pistols were inducted and why he didn't attend). I say IF they get in and Eric has to "buy" his seat and one for his wife, we start a "go fund me" page, buy a table for Eric and fill it with every person Perry would HATE to see but got him there... Casey, Jane, Dave Jerden... :tiphat:
yeah we could probably raise $100 :conf:

Matz

#44 Post by Matz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:15 pm

trevor ayer wrote:Dave forgot to mention janes addictions other 2 guitar players ... That guy that wrote all the songs before dave joined (chris sonething?)
great point

Perry hates Dave Jerden, huh? Didn't know that

Noonesshocking

#45 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Eric gave a congratulations to the "gentlemen of janes addiction" on twitter. Good on him, and I hope the other guys reciprocate the respect.

If they get in, maybe they can do a post rock hall ceremony tiny bar show like the Nirvana guys did a few years back.