Janes Nominated for HOF

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

Re: Janes Nominated for HOF

Postby bman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:50 pm

So how does it work? Janes was in consideration last year but wont be for 2018?
bman

Postby phenobarb_bambalam » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:59 pm

bman wrote:Janes was in consideration last year but wont be for 2018?

Yes. One year's nominees don't have much to do with the next. The likes haven nin and The Cure have been nominated in recent years, but not the following. Also doesn't mean they won't be again.
phenobarb_bambalam

Postby clickie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:29 am

If thats the case they should stop nominating so many bands each year
clickie

Postby Six7Six7 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 am

I’ll bet bands are added just to increase the cash and/or memorabilia donations from said bands.

“Oh, sorry you didn’t make it this year Jane’s Addiction. Maybe some appearances, guitars, and a little money will make that happen in the next 3-4 years”

I mean Tom Morello seems to be hanging out a lot the last few years and giving a whole lot of interviews to Rolling Stone, and MAGICALLY now Rage Against The Machine is on the short list for induction. Weird how that happens :eyes:

(Someone tell me I am right and not just being cynical)
Six7Six7

Postby Noonesshocking » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I’ll bet bands are added just to increase the cash and/or memorabilia donations from said bands.

“Oh, sorry you didn’t make it this year Jane’s Addiction. Maybe some appearances, guitars, and a little money will make that happen in the next 3-4 years”

I mean Tom Morello seems to be hanging out a lot the last few years and giving a whole lot of interviews to Rolling Stone, and MAGICALLY now Rage Against The Machine is on the short list for induction. Weird how that happens :eyes:

(Someone tell me I am right and not just being cynical)

No you're right. Morello has been jockeying for this for years. He's always serving some kind of function at the ceremonies and generally just sucks Jan Wanner's dick.
Noonesshocking

Previous

Return to Jane's Addiction News