Janes Nominated for HOF

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Pandemonium

Re: Janes Nominated for HOF

#41 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:03 am

blackcoffee wrote:I can''t be the only one who gets a kick out of the "sterling spoon" reference being a not to subtle nod to shooting dope, right?
Yeah, but in 21st century Jane's Ettyverse lingo, it's just a reference to fancy, pricey silverware as a wealthy status quo thing.

Mescal

#42 Post by Mescal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
blackcoffee wrote:I can''t be the only one who gets a kick out of the "sterling spoon" reference being a not to subtle nod to shooting dope, right?
Yeah, but in 21st century Jane's Ettyverse lingo, it's just a reference to fancy, pricey silverware as a wealthy status quo thing.
:lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#43 Post by creep » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Romeo wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:Also, Dave speaks out:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ve-navarro
And while the Rock Hall is nominating the original quartet -- with frontman Perry Farrell and bassist Eric Avery -- Navarro makes clear that "both of our bass players," including Chris Chaney since 2011, "were monumental parts of this band."
Yes, one wrote some of the best basslines in the history of rock music, while another re-recorded another bassists work and co-wrote with another.
Here's another thing, If you are being inducted you have to buy your seat. Most artists buy a table for $25,000. (this was John Lydon's beef when the Pistols were inducted and why he didn't attend). I say IF they get in and Eric has to "buy" his seat and one for his wife, we start a "go fund me" page, buy a table for Eric and fill it with every person Perry would HATE to see but got him there... Casey, Jane, Dave Jerden... :tiphat:
yeah we could probably raise $100 :conf:

Matz

#44 Post by Matz » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:15 pm

trevor ayer wrote:Dave forgot to mention janes addictions other 2 guitar players ... That guy that wrote all the songs before dave joined (chris sonething?)
great point

Perry hates Dave Jerden, huh? Didn't know that

Noonesshocking

#45 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Eric gave a congratulations to the "gentlemen of janes addiction" on twitter. Good on him, and I hope the other guys reciprocate the respect.

If they get in, maybe they can do a post rock hall ceremony tiny bar show like the Nirvana guys did a few years back.

Bandit72

#46 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:36 am

Romeo wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:I say IF they get in and Eric has to "buy" his seat and one for his wife, we start a "go fund me" page, buy a table for Eric and fill it with every person Perry would HATE to see but got him there... Casey, Jane, Dave Jerden... :tiphat:
Plus half the people on here.

trevor ayer

#47 Post by trevor ayer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:16 am

I hate dave jerdon too ... horrible production .. Perky thought jerdon butchered the drums and i agree .. The boots are where its at 4 me

Romeo

#48 Post by Romeo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:06 am

Matz wrote:
trevor ayer wrote:Dave forgot to mention janes addictions other 2 guitar players ... That guy that wrote all the songs before dave joined (chris sonething?)
great point

Perry hates Dave Jerden, huh? Didn't know that
I don't know if he hates him but we know he does not acknowledge ANYONE or ANYTHING from the past that got him where he is today. He has rewritten Jane's history a million times!

thoreau

#49 Post by thoreau » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 am

Hokahey wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:Also, Dave speaks out:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ve-navarro
And while the Rock Hall is nominating the original quartet -- with frontman Perry Farrell and bassist Eric Avery -- Navarro makes clear that "both of our bass players," including Chris Chaney since 2011, "were monumental parts of this band."
Yes, one wrote some of the best basslines in the history of rock music, while another re-recorded another bassists work and co-wrote with another.
:nod:

SR

#50 Post by SR » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:10 pm

Love Jerden. Loved the mix on NS and RDLH. Loved the drums, guitar, bass, and vox. Just young enough to know they had no audience to pander to......balls out, authentic, and sincere masterpieces.....especially NS. Intelligent chaos. As for drum shitshows....that monstrosity he played on Strays was stadium rock bullshit in line with the Alex Van Halen kits, only more gauche. Same with the album mix on the kit (and guitars, and bass)

I don't think they'll get in. PJ, DM, Tupac, Joan Baez and either Mc5 or Yes (probably Yes).

Last year, Steve Miller flipped his shit on the HOF elders and their protocols. And as for Reznor, he flipped his shit on some awards show this last year where they were closing the show and the directors faded them out for credits and time constraints. The HOF doesn't want him anywhere close to their show.

blackula

#51 Post by blackula » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:33 pm

MC5 and Bad Brains, based on influence, awesomeness and era they each came from deserve this fake honor more than Pearl Jam and Jane's.

blackula

#52 Post by blackula » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
If they get in, maybe they can do a post rock hall ceremony tiny bar show like the Nirvana guys did a few years back.
I don't want to see or hear Kim Gordon covering Jane's.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#53 Post by Hokahey » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Who would have ever thought that Jane's would be nominated for the HOF, and it would be a 3 page thread on a board with a dozen or so regulars?

JOEinPHX

#54 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:26 pm

SR wrote:And as for Reznor, he flipped his shit on some awards show this last year where they were closing the show and the directors faded them out for credits and time constraints.
Incorrect.

They played an airline commercial, THEN the credits. It wasn't just about time, it was about pushing their advertisers rather than the promised musical guests on a music awards show.

JOEinPHX

#55 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Hokahey wrote:Who would have ever thought that Jane's would be nominated for the HOF,
I predicted it a few months ago.

http://aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... ng#p116512
Six7Six7 wrote:I will guarantee the HOF lobbying has already begun. Perry is probably selling off songs to commercials to afford it.

Jane's will go in, in 2018. 30 years after NS.

There will be a "farewell" tour after that, which will be very few shows and last about two years. It will be a 74 minute set.

Jane's goes defunct in 2021 after playing the 30th anniversary of Lollapalooza as their "final" show.

Then Perry does charity gigs for big money as "Jane's Remembered" with Pete on guitar and 2 hired guns on bass and guitar. Etty will sing with him.

Dave and Perk will sue and get a settlement of 1 million a piece to give up their share of the Jane's profits. Chaney will join Beck's band.

Then Perry will start releasing terrible compilations, at least 5-6, of "Jane's Greatest Hits" and "Jane's Ultimate Hits" to milk its final drops.

He'll sell Lollapalooza after Lolla's 33rd year.

Etty then divorces him and takes half.

Then Perry goes on tour in his mid 60s just to sell the meet and greet opportunities for 500 bucks a piece.

Bookmark this post. I'm right.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#56 Post by Hokahey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Hokahey wrote:Who would have ever thought that Jane's would be nominated for the HOF,
I predicted it a few months ago.

http://aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... ng#p116512
Six7Six7 wrote:I will guarantee the HOF lobbying has already begun. Perry is probably selling off songs to commercials to afford it.

Jane's will go in, in 2018. 30 years after NS.

There will be a "farewell" tour after that, which will be very few shows and last about two years. It will be a 74 minute set.

Jane's goes defunct in 2021 after playing the 30th anniversary of Lollapalooza as their "final" show.

Then Perry does charity gigs for big money as "Jane's Remembered" with Pete on guitar and 2 hired guns on bass and guitar. Etty will sing with him.

Dave and Perk will sue and get a settlement of 1 million a piece to give up their share of the Jane's profits. Chaney will join Beck's band.

Then Perry will start releasing terrible compilations, at least 5-6, of "Jane's Greatest Hits" and "Jane's Ultimate Hits" to milk its final drops.

He'll sell Lollapalooza after Lolla's 33rd year.

Etty then divorces him and takes half.

Then Perry goes on tour in his mid 60s just to sell the meet and greet opportunities for 500 bucks a piece.

Bookmark this post. I'm right.
My point was more about the fact that it resulted in a three page thread on a half dead forum. So don't hurt yourself trying to pat your own back. :wink:

SR

#57 Post by SR » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
SR wrote:And as for Reznor, he flipped his shit on some awards show this last year where they were closing the show and the directors faded them out for credits and time constraints.
Incorrect.

They played an airline commercial, THEN the credits. It wasn't just about time, it was about pushing their advertisers rather than the promised musical guests on a music awards show.
So he did flip his shit. They did cut them short. Thanks for why. I guess. :bored:

JOEinPHX

#58 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:20 pm

Hokahey wrote:
My point was more about the fact that it resulted in a three page thread on a half dead forum. So don't hurt yourself trying to pat your own back. :wink:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#59 Post by Hokahey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
:lol:

someguy

#60 Post by someguy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 7.32.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 7.32.18 PM.png (78.66 KiB) Viewed 7304 times

Matz

#61 Post by Matz » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:06 pm

fuck, I hope that doesn't mean they're never getting in :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#62 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Matz wrote:fuck, I hope that doesn't mean they're never getting in :noclue:
The R&R HOF is going to choose who they feel like choosing.

If they cared what people thought, they'd be inducting way more every year and no rap artists would be getting in.

someguy

#63 Post by someguy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

If they cared what people thought, they'd be inducting way more every year and no rap artists would be getting in.

Very true- Nails was in the top five the past two years and didn't get in. No way Journey gets in. They're only at the top of list because of people on twitter that are like "hey its the don't stop believing band!"

crater

#64 Post by crater » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:

I consider myself people and there are plenty of rap artists I would put into the R&R HOF.

JOEinPHX

#65 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 pm

crater wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

I consider myself people and there are plenty of rap artists I would put into the R&R HOF.
I'm talking about the majority of dimwitted rock fans. The ones who vote journey to the top of fan polls.