Janes Nominated for HOF

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
SR

Re: Janes Nominated for HOF

#141 Post by SR » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:30 am

Yeah, many have commented that Lolla is the grease that gets them in. I don't understand this. Isn't it like putting The Ronettes in to commemorate Spector's The Wall of Sound? Perry would need to be eligible and be inducted for Lolla.

And the 2012 eligibility makes sense as '87 is the year. TM has been on the committee for four years; I have to presume he lobbied hard in that window.

Hype

#142 Post by Hype » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:04 am

Perry is eligible separately, not as a musician. :nod:

nausearockpig

#143 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
SR wrote:Wow, that is an odd selection of board members. Just bizarre.
http://www.futurerocklegends.com/Nomina ... mittee.php

Evidently, I was wrong about the voting process. The nomination committee which is indeed mostly a group of industry suits picks the potential inductees every year, but the larger group of voters who apparently also comprise previously inducted artists vote on who gets inducted from the pool of the year's nominees. I was also wrong that there's no actual musicians on the nominating committee although that was the case in the 80's and 90's - there are a few now. Steve Van Zandt, Robbie Robertson, Paul Shaffer (aka Artie Fufkin) and now Tom Morello are members of the committee. It's interesting that around 2006 there was some sort of purge that cut down the roster more in half. I wonder who got to deliver the news to Phil Spector (who was in the middle of his murder trial) he was out.

BTW, I think the (corporate) board members listed in that link nausearockpig posted are the board for the actual museum, not the shmoes who do the picking and voting.

I call you LIAR, sir!

Pandemonium

#144 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
I call you LIAR, sir!
um, uhhh, er... It was the glare on my iPad keyboard that confused me whether it eas you or Romeo posting that link?

nausearockpig

#145 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:
I call you LIAR, sir!
um, uhhh, er... It was the glare on my iPad keyboard that confused me whether it eas you or Romeo posting that link?

mmmm... OK. acceptable response.

As you were then.

Romeo

#146 Post by Romeo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:52 am

It as me.....

:lol:

Noonesshocking

#147 Post by Noonesshocking » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Pearl Jam says they wish JA was getting in (in kind of a roundabout way).

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl- ... -ceremony/

JOEinPHX

#148 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Tomorrow Etty will be like "It was so nice of Eddie Vetter to wish for Perry and I to get inducted too #Hesagretfrontmin #JanesAdicsionarelegends #holywoudroyalty #rockinfluencis #Lolagirl"

Sight Laber

#149 Post by Sight Laber » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Sorry, I don't know how to correctly link an article. But Janes Addiction was named on the shirt.

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-jeff-amen ... s-t-shirt/
http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-jeff-amen ... -t-shirt/]

Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament Shouts Out Rock Hall Omissions With T-Shirt
By Chad Childers April 9, 2017 7:47 AM

Read More: Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Shouts Out Rock Hall Omissions With T-Shirt |Image
Pearl Jam just entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but there are many other deserving acts still waiting to have their name called. That fact is something that is not lost on many of the acts upon Rock Hall entry, who have have found ways to champion the causes of fellow musicians over the years with shout outs during their induction speeches. But the list of amazing acts was too great to count for Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, so he had a shirt that did the talking for him.
Upon first look, it appears as though Ament is wearing a t-shirt with pressed-on white tie on it, but a closer look shows that the tie is surrounded by a wealth of band and solo artist names with one thing in common — none of the acts are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
It’s an eclectic list of performers, but an impressive list all the same. For metal lovers, Ament gives props to Slayer, Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Motorhead, Judas Priest and Dio. Hard rock fans will notice such classic rock names as Blue Oyster Cult, Grand Funk Railroad, Thin Lizzy, Mountain, Sweet, King Crimson, Steppenwolf, T. Rex, Love, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Warren Zevon, Bad Company and Ted Nugent joined by more modern hard rock acts like Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Motley Crue, Jane’s Addiction, Lenny Kravitz, The Cult, Dinosaur Jr., Mudhoney, Nine Inch Nails, The Replacements, Pixies, The Black Crowes, Bon Jovi, Smashing Pumpkins, Melvins, Sonic Youth and Chad Channing, with the latter being a nod to the omission of the onetime Nirvana drama when the band was inducted a few years back.
The shirt didn’t forget the punk and hardcore community either with Buzzcocks, New York Dolls, Minutemen, Minor Threat, Misfits, Richard Hell, The Damned, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Billy Idol, Public Image Ltd., Fugazi, X, Descendents and MC5 all making the cut as well. And we haven’t even mentioned some of the great alt-rock and nu wave acts listed.
Check out the shirt in full below.

Read More: Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Shouts Out Rock Hall Omissions With T-Shirt | http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-jeff-amen ... ck=tsmclip

SR

#150 Post by SR » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:46 am

Sight Laber wrote:Sorry, I don't know how to correctly link an article. But Janes Addiction was named on the shirt.

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-jeff-amen ... s-t-shirt/
http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-jeff-amen ... -t-shirt/]

Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament Shouts Out Rock Hall Omissions With T-Shirt
By Chad Childers April 9, 2017 7:47 AM

Read More: Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Shouts Out Rock Hall Omissions With T-Shirt |Image
Pearl Jam just entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but there are many other deserving acts still waiting to have their name called. That fact is something that is not lost on many of the acts upon Rock Hall entry, who have have found ways to champion the causes of fellow musicians over the years with shout outs during their induction speeches. But the list of amazing acts was too great to count for Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, so he had a shirt that did the talking for him.
Upon first look, it appears as though Ament is wearing a t-shirt with pressed-on white tie on it, but a closer look shows that the tie is surrounded by a wealth of band and solo artist names with one thing in common — none of the acts are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
It’s an eclectic list of performers, but an impressive list all the same. For metal lovers, Ament gives props to Slayer, Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Motorhead, Judas Priest and Dio. Hard rock fans will notice such classic rock names as Blue Oyster Cult, Grand Funk Railroad, Thin Lizzy, Mountain, Sweet, King Crimson, Steppenwolf, T. Rex, Love, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Warren Zevon, Bad Company and Ted Nugent joined by more modern hard rock acts like Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Faith No More, Motley Crue, Jane’s Addiction, Lenny Kravitz, The Cult, Dinosaur Jr., Mudhoney, Nine Inch Nails, The Replacements, Pixies, The Black Crowes, Bon Jovi, Smashing Pumpkins, Melvins, Sonic Youth and Chad Channing, with the latter being a nod to the omission of the onetime Nirvana drama when the band was inducted a few years back.
The shirt didn’t forget the punk and hardcore community either with Buzzcocks, New York Dolls, Minutemen, Minor Threat, Misfits, Richard Hell, The Damned, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Billy Idol, Public Image Ltd., Fugazi, X, Descendents and MC5 all making the cut as well. And we haven’t even mentioned some of the great alt-rock and nu wave acts listed.
Check out the shirt in full below.

Read More: Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Shouts Out Rock Hall Omissions With T-Shirt | http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-jeff-amen ... ck=tsmclip
Wide range included there. Props to all but Nugent

JOEinPHX

#151 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Totally. Fuck the nuge. :flip:

Matz

#152 Post by Matz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:43 am

Warren Zevon is not in!? That's the biggest disgrace on that list.

I hope there is not a hierachy system on that Ament t-shirt, cause if there is he thinks that Motley crue are more worthy of an induction than Jane's

JOEinPHX

#153 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Matz wrote:Warren Zevon is not in!? That's the biggest disgrace on that list.

I hope there is not a hierachy system on that Ament t-shirt, cause if there is he thinks that Motley crue are more worthy of an induction than Jane's

Probably has more to do with how each word fit the shape.

SR

#154 Post by SR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 am

SR wrote:
SR wrote:I don't think they'll get in. PJ, DM, Tupac, Joan Baez and either Mc5 or Yes (probably Yes).
Well, I was almost spot on. Wrong, obviously on DM v Journey. Should have known....pretty dumb, but Journey is one of two bands I consider to be among the most wretched pieces of shit ever to fumble with music. Neil Schon has an iota of cred with work with Santana, but otherwise along with Def Leppard, Journey evokes a visceral negative response from me whenever I have the misfortune of stumbling across them.

Like NIN this year, I see JA being ignored next year as well. :nod:
New nominees are in for '18....the list is rich gonna be way too hard to call, factor in usual internal politics and the vast additional external ones this year....and it's just toss up after toss up.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... es-w507052

Radiohead
RATM
Bon Jovi
Depeche Mode
Judas Priest
Kate Bush
The Cars
Dire Straits
Eurythmics
J. Geils Band
LL Cool J
MC5
The Meters
Moody Blues
Rufus/Chaka Khan
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Link Wray
The Zombies

JOEinPHX

#155 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:23 pm

SR wrote:
SR wrote:
SR wrote:I don't think they'll get in. PJ, DM, Tupac, Joan Baez and either Mc5 or Yes (probably Yes).
Well, I was almost spot on. Wrong, obviously on DM v Journey. Should have known....pretty dumb, but Journey is one of two bands I consider to be among the most wretched pieces of shit ever to fumble with music. Neil Schon has an iota of cred with work with Santana, but otherwise along with Def Leppard, Journey evokes a visceral negative response from me whenever I have the misfortune of stumbling across them.

Like NIN this year, I see JA being ignored next year as well. :nod:
New nominees are in for '18....the list is rich gonna be way too hard to call, factor in usual internal politics and the vast additional external ones this year....and it's just toss up after toss up.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... es-w507052

Radiohead
RATM
Bon Jovi
Depeche Mode
Judas Priest
Kate Bush
The Cars
Dire Straits
Eurythmics
J. Geils Band
LL Cool J
MC5
The Meters
Moody Blues
Rufus/Chaka Khan
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Link Wray
The Zombies
Rufus/Chaka Khan
The Zombies
Bon Jovi
The Cars
LL Cool J

panicparty

#156 Post by panicparty » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 am

Frankly I find it hard to understand why the MC5 aren't already in, surely that's long overdue?

Mescal

#157 Post by Mescal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 am

Fuck yeah, the Meters!! :rockon:

kv

#158 Post by kv » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:05 am

panicparty wrote:Frankly I find it hard to understand why the MC5 aren't already in, surely that's long overdue?
makes no fucking sense

Noonesshocking

#159 Post by Noonesshocking » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:53 am

I'm very surprised Soundgarden didn't get nominated. Maybe they thought it would be a bad look to nominate them this year given what happened back in May.

SR

#160 Post by SR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am

This year has a few that can win...Radiohead, Rage, DM, Bon Jovi, Priest, DS, LL, MC5, Moody Blues, Rufus, and The ZOmbies....and those who should like Nina Simone and Rosetta. Either Radiohead or Rage will get a slot and though it seems easily given to Radiohead, I really think Tom's got a real edge with his influence/clout and the new band and certain current events. :noclue:

Fuck it....here's mine....

Rage
Moody Blues
MC5
LL Cool J
Depeche Mode

Possible:
Radiohead
Bon Jovi
Judas Priest
The Cars

bman

#161 Post by bman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:50 pm

So how does it work? Janes was in consideration last year but wont be for 2018?

phenobarb_bambalam

#162 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:59 pm

bman wrote:Janes was in consideration last year but wont be for 2018?
Yes. One year's nominees don't have much to do with the next. The likes haven nin and The Cure have been nominated in recent years, but not the following. Also doesn't mean they won't be again.

clickie

#163 Post by clickie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:29 am

If thats the case they should stop nominating so many bands each year

JOEinPHX

#164 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 am

I’ll bet bands are added just to increase the cash and/or memorabilia donations from said bands.

“Oh, sorry you didn’t make it this year Jane’s Addiction. Maybe some appearances, guitars, and a little money will make that happen in the next 3-4 years”

I mean Tom Morello seems to be hanging out a lot the last few years and giving a whole lot of interviews to Rolling Stone, and MAGICALLY now Rage Against The Machine is on the short list for induction. Weird how that happens :eyes:

(Someone tell me I am right and not just being cynical)

Noonesshocking

#165 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:I’ll bet bands are added just to increase the cash and/or memorabilia donations from said bands.

“Oh, sorry you didn’t make it this year Jane’s Addiction. Maybe some appearances, guitars, and a little money will make that happen in the next 3-4 years”

I mean Tom Morello seems to be hanging out a lot the last few years and giving a whole lot of interviews to Rolling Stone, and MAGICALLY now Rage Against The Machine is on the short list for induction. Weird how that happens :eyes:

(Someone tell me I am right and not just being cynical)
No you're right. Morello has been jockeying for this for years. He's always serving some kind of function at the ceremonies and generally just sucks Jan Wanner's dick.