New Jane's Addiction's book is coming!

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
kv

Re: New Jane's Addiction's book is coming!

#41 Post by kv » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Only way kind heaven is gonna happen is if we band together to make it happen...a coordinated, all hands on deck social media attack to plant the seed that the people...are waiting like rabid Dawgs...for KIND FUCKING HEAVEN....KH KH KH KH! FACEBOOK TWITTER INSTAGRAM YOUTUBE..

"damn Tony, when is Perry gonna hit us with some KH the wait is killing me"

"Connie when can we get KHev tix? It's gonna be better than Hamilton!"

We can make it this happen! :lolol: just inflate the perry ego...it could be ours

JOEinPHX

#42 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:56 pm

KHev. :lol:

nausearockpig

#43 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:38 pm

It’s coming, two years from now... it will be amazing, like nothing you’ve seen before... two years from now....

JOEinPHX

#44 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:37 pm

nausearockpig wrote:It’s coming, two years from now... it will be amazing, like nothing you’ve seen before... two years from now....
This is just going to end up being a 37 minute music video that no one watches, and be pressed to 500 vinyls that only bman buys.

nausearockpig

#45 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:It’s coming, two years from now... it will be amazing, like nothing you’ve seen before... two years from now....
This is just going to end up being a 37 minute music video that no one watches, and be pressed to 500 vinyls that only bman buys.
Ha ha ha.. can’t wait for the behind the scenes “making of” video showing all the backstage drama when our heroes can’t find their scarves, sexy dancing clothes and designer hats. #HashTagsAllRound

favorite 77

#46 Post by favorite 77 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Soy un fan español y estaría muy interesado en hacerme con una copia.

¿Sería posible?

Larry B.

#47 Post by Larry B. » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:01 am

Can anyone be bother to put together a video or text compilation of all the times Perry has talked about Kind Heaven and how he's just waiting for investors to finance this brilliant Vegas show with immersive theater and all the rest of it?

JOEinPHX

#48 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Larry B. wrote:Can anyone be bother to put together a video or text compilation of all the times Perry has talked about Kind Heaven and how he's just waiting for investors to finance this brilliant Vegas show with immersive theater and all the rest of it?
I don't think anyone cares enough.

bman

#49 Post by bman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 am

The crazy thing is how many times media outlets like Rolling Stone etc have printed all these crazy Perry predictions. I doubt Perry even remembers Kind Heaven at this point.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#50 Post by Hokahey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 am

bman wrote:The crazy thing is how many times media outlets like Rolling Stone etc have printed all these crazy Perry predictions. I doubt Perry even remembers Kind Heaven at this point.
Perry is still an icon. Whatever nonsense he comes up with will get printed. It's not as if he's getting feature length cover stories.

JOEinPHX

#51 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:01 am

bman wrote:The crazy thing is how many times media outlets like Rolling Stone etc have printed all these crazy Perry predictions. I doubt Perry even remembers Kind Heaven at this point.
He doesn't. But every single day, Etty reminds him that she needs studio time booked so she can go in and REALLY nail that "sex talk sex talk sex talk sex talk sex talk" chorus that she's been agonizing over at the finest resorts that Perry's money can buy.

JOEinPHX

#52 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 am

Hokahey wrote:
Perry is still an icon. Whatever nonsense he comes up with will get printed. It's not as if he's getting feature length cover stories.
I don't know if I'd call him an icon. Elder statesman maybe. But he hasn't had the career or the public immersion to be called an icon.

Like you'll never see a massive tribute to Perry Farrell at any award show, like you would with someone like Prince or Madonna. VH1 isn't doing any kind of "Honors" concert for the dude like they did with Metallica or The Who.

At best, maybe at some point, a shitty C-grade record label will do one of those "tribute" albums where a bunch of no name bands cover his songs terribly. :noclue:

Mescal

#53 Post by Mescal » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
I don't know if I'd call him an icon. Elder statesman maybe. But he hasn't had the career or the public immersion to be called an icon.

Like you'll never see a massive tribute to Perry Farrell at any award show, like you would with someone like Prince or Madonna. VH1 isn't doing any kind of "Honors" concert for the dude like they did with Metallica or The Who.

At best, maybe at some point, a shitty C-grade record label will do one of those "tribute" albums where a bunch of no name bands cover his songs terribly. :noclue:
C'mon on man, you're not being fair.

Madonna, Prince, The Who and Metallica are not on the same level as Perry. They're out of this world famous.

That doesn't mean Perry doesn't have his own merits

parklife03

#54 Post by parklife03 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Hokahey wrote:I'm guessing this book is releasing in conjunction with the Kind Heaven flash mob raves?

I'm such a cynical asshole and I'm so sorry about that.
Ha! Here is the author of the book, reporting.

I'm just waiting for the next Jane's Addiction brand new studio album, to release it at the same time.

JUST KIDDING.

The book is 100% finished and approved by the publisher.

Still a few more things to arrange that don't rely on me (final art, layouts, and that kind of things), but it's really going to be out soon! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

parklife03

#55 Post by parklife03 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43 pm

favorite 77 wrote:Soy un fan español y estaría muy interesado en hacerme con una copia.

¿Sería posible?
Hola! Escribime por mensaje privado y pasame tus datos!

Hokahey
Site Admin

#56 Post by Hokahey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Hokahey wrote:

In the world of "alternative" rock, he is absolutely an icon. Lollapalooza alone gives him that. Of course we're really debating semantics here. I suspect we're all probably mostly on the same page in regards to his historical legacy. What word we ascribe to it is certainly debatable.

bman

#57 Post by bman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 am

I think the main issue is that after SYTBS we only got Strays and TGEA. If Perry had also continued to break new ground as a solo artist he'd have a much greater legacy as an artist. Sadly it seems as though the tap ran dry after getting married, having kids etc.

JOEinPHX

#58 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Hokahey wrote:

In the world of "alternative" rock, he is absolutely an icon.
90% of the kids who go to Lollapalooza today don't even know who he is. He hasn't had a hit song on the radio since the 90s. There are 20 year olds going to alternative music festivals that have never heard his music because alternative music is now more synthesizer based and not something Jane's art rock fits into and gets played on. They get played on the classic rock stations between Nirvana and Pink Floyd.

He's not even the one booking Lollapalooza these days. Jane's addiction played at like 6pm at the 25th anniversary of the festival they invented. The sun was still up. I know because I was there.

Does that sound like iconic status to you? Not closing the festival you invented on the 25th anniversary while your frontman is a part owner?

You may hold him in high regard, as you should since this is a Jane's Addiction site, but the dude has not reached the legendary status in the public eye that he has in your mind.

Hype

#59 Post by Hype » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 pm

He hasn't had a hit song on the radio since the 90s.
I don't know why I'm bothering again, because at this point it's like pointing out that something Trump said is obviously, stupidly, false... but this just isn't true.

Just Because was a big song in 2003. So big that people who didn't know who Jane's Addiction was before it suddenly turned it up in cars I was in and said they loved that song. I'm pretty sure the thing they were turning up was the volume for the radio station they were listening to.

But as with so many Trump statements and responses, this is all beside the point... I basically agree that at this point Perry isn't an icon. It's just not because he didn't have a hit song on the radio in the last 17 years. I can't say for sure whether any other songs of his have been radio hits since 14 years ago, though, because I, and most younger people, don't listen to the radio much anymore. Perry definitely isn't trending on the Spotify charts. But again, not really sure what that has to do with anything.

Even I was surprised, when I just checked, that Just Because was actually #1 on the Billboard Alternative chart for a week (and charted for 19 weeks):
http://www.billboard.com/music/janes-ad ... ong/436162

Strays was #4 on the Billboard 200....

Hokahey
Site Admin

#60 Post by Hokahey » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:36 pm

I think Perry is a washed up joke, but you guys are nuts if you don't see him as someone with an icon status in the alt rock world.

I'd guess the overwhelming majority of Lollapalooza type artists agree.

And who cares when his last hit was? That's a bizarre consideration towards the legacy of a non mainstream style artists. Or better put, someone that wasn't a pop artist.

It also doesn't matter who books Lollapalooza, although he certainly still has input.

Perry sucking now does nothing to change the fact that he opened the door for a musical revolution that still bears fruit.

nausearockpig

#61 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Hokahey wrote:I think Perry is a washed up joke, but you guys are nuts if you don't see him as someone with an icon status in the alt rock world.

I'd guess the overwhelming majority of Lollapalooza type artists agree.

And who cares when his last hit was? That's a bizarre consideration towards the legacy of a non mainstream style artists. Or better put, someone that wasn't a pop artist.

It also doesn't matter who books Lollapalooza, although he certainly still has input.

Perry sucking now does nothing to change the fact that he opened the door for a musical revolution that still bears fruit.

100%