Dave to record a new album

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby panicparty » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:49 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
panicparty wrote:I'm sure I remember pictures of Dave noodling on a keyboard in the studio with Jane's, either during the Reznor sessions or during the making of TGEA, maybe both.


Not the Reznor sessions, but he fully took control of all the music on TGEA.


...although they had to buy in songwriting talent from TV on the Radio. Which maybe doesn't bode well for Dave's solo outing.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this, but definitely surprised - DN's given the impression the last few years that being a musician is, at best, a way to pay the bills rather than a passion or a calling. Even back when he directed that porno, there was an interview when he was talking about his passion for film and said something about how it was (making or consuming) what made him happy in the way that music "used to when he was younger" (I'm paraphrasing from dim memory rather than actually quoting) and all his more recent activities seem to bear that out.
panicparty
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 am

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby kv » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:48 am

Much like 6767 said... don't hold your breath.. he's been talking of doing stuff forever..and it never comes to fruition... expect more of the same
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6807
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Tyler Durden » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Didn't Perry tell Rolling Stone that he (as in, "Jane's Addiction") had like 60 songs written for a new album like 3 years ago?
User avatar
Tyler Durden
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Tyler Durden » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 pm

User avatar
Tyler Durden
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Tyler Durden » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 pm

kv wrote:Much like 6767 said... don't hold your breath.. he's been talking of doing stuff forever..and it never comes to fruition... expect more of the same


Expect more of "You do not have what it takes to be a solo artist...err, I mean, Ink Master."
User avatar
Tyler Durden
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Hokahey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 pm

I'll eat my hat if any of them release more than one track ever again.
User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Larry B. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:08 am

Five years since that triple album shit... that's almost scary.
User avatar
Larry B.
 
Posts: 6653
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby trevor ayer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:56 am

Well it takes a long time to record a triple album ... jeesh ... whattaya think he's been on vacation this whole time?!?!?!
trevor ayer
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 am

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Noonesshocking » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:25 pm

On the topic of Dave doing musical things - how great is this?



Don't get to hear him with a dryer clean tone like this often. He is so good when he wants to be.
Noonesshocking
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Tyler Durden » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:50 pm

I only realized recently that Dave plays on NIN's "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)" from the Not The Actual Events EP.
User avatar
Tyler Durden
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Six7Six7 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:I only realized recently that Dave plays on NIN's "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)" from the Not The Actual Events EP.


Dave and Eric should just join the band.

With Perk on drums.
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5682
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Hokahey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I only realized recently that Dave plays on NIN's "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)" from the Not The Actual Events EP.


Dave and Eric should just join the band.

With Perk on drums.


They can call themselves "Our New Singer is also a Once Great Has Been."
User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Six7Six7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:15 am

Hokahey wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I only realized recently that Dave plays on NIN's "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)" from the Not The Actual Events EP.


Dave and Eric should just join the band.

With Perk on drums.


They can call themselves "Our New Singer is also a Once Great Has Been."


I 100% agree.

But still, I'm also 100% more interested in listening to whatever TR is calling NIN than whatever the fuck Kind Heaven is going to be #SexTalkSexTalkSexTalkSexTalk
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5682
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Noonesshocking » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Things seem quite chummy in Jane's Addiction these days. Dave followed Eric on instagram and is liking his pics.

And then today, Dave posted a pic of his "friend and partner" Perry congratulating him on a successful lolla in Paris.

These guys seem to get along so much better when they're not playing gigs :lolol:
Noonesshocking
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Hokahey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Things seem quite chummy in Jane's Addiction these days. Dave followed Eric on instagram and is liking his pics.

And then today, Dave posted a pic of his "friend and partner" Perry congratulating him on a successful lolla in Paris.

These guys seem to get along so much better when they're not playing gigs :lolol:


It's always easier to get along with someone when you're not smelling their farts.
User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3683
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Pandemonium » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:On the topic of Dave doing musical things - how great is this?



Don't get to hear him with a dryer clean tone like this often. He is so good when he wants to be.


That was such a great show. That night more or less closed the book on NIN for me.
User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 4967
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Dave to record a new album

Postby Six7Six7 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:Things seem quite chummy in Jane's Addiction these days. Dave followed Eric on instagram and is liking his pics.

And then today, Dave posted a pic of his "friend and partner" Perry congratulating him on a successful lolla in Paris.

These guys seem to get along so much better when they're not playing gigs :lolol:


It's always easier to get along with someone when you're not smelling their farts.


Crudeness aside, SPOT ON.
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5682
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Previous

Return to Jane's Addiction News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest