Related/Unrelated Jane's song (Unknown artist)

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
MicrowavedGerbil

Related/Unrelated Jane's song (Unknown artist)

#1 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:10 pm

To begin, I was a regular at Xiola.org and never found any mention of this particular track. I signed up here at 'Ain't No Right' a little past a year ago. Now i know you vets are really iffy about newbies polluting these trends. So let me tell you I have tried searching for a topic regarding this track. I didn't find one and I wasn't about to lurk passed several years back on this site just to find it.

Anyway I know several Jane's fans have come across this track once. It is a song titled under Jane's Addiction - The Ballad of Megan. I posted this video about ten years ago when I was a young teen. I had got myself a computer and internet connection. I was obsessed with Jane's at the time and downloaded plenty of tracks by them thru a music streaming software by the name of Ares (Similar to Lime wire). To this day, no one is able to help me. People are still, after all this time coming back to me for an update. I have tried google, Shazam, redit to no prevail. I like this track. I don't know why it was labeled under Jane's. My theory is, this is a song written and recorded by a band with little to no commercial success. It somehow found it's way to several Jane's fans playlist. I don't think this will ever be uncovered.

https://youtu.be/IbJgV-joMVI

JOEinPHX

Re: Related/Unrelated Jane's song (Unknown artist)

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Yep, sounds like a local band uploaded their demo to file sharing sites, and maybe tagged Jane's as an influence, or someone else probably did a batch tag of a bunch of songs at once and this was tagged as Jane's by mistake.

Either way, this band probably broke up a long long time ago.

kv

#3 Post by kv » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Def not janes related...and with millions of shitty bands on the planet good luck ever finding out who it is...I agree with the thought they were never signed

I do wish we could go back in time to slap whoever heard that song and thought it sounded like Jane's or Perry :noclue:

The rest of the internet has let this song be erased....now it's your turn

MicrowavedGerbil

#4 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:15 pm

I think we established that it wasn't Jane's.. But I actually like the song, as do most other people still searching for it.. There's a little community dedicated to finding music like this.. Another popular one being the first two songs being featured in the beginning of the wkcr hijacking video.

kv

#5 Post by kv » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 am

:lolol:

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:56 am

Don't make fun of an invalid.

MicrowavedGerbil

#7 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 pm

It's an internet white whale forum. They cover many categories not only music. I found a classic PC game from back of the day thanks to them.

intertwoven

#8 Post by intertwoven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Hey, god speed, brother. I've got a dozen or so "unknown" songs in my iTunes I'd love to figure out someday, too. Success story: There was one particular jam from a bumper to a Mercury Rev radio set on KCRW in 1998 that I chased for years before finally nailing down over a decade later (Juana Molina - "Hoy Supe"). But yeah, best of luck to you. Probably some local band that whipped up a demo or two and then called it quits. I listened to it and thought it was pretty good. So yeah, let us know if you ever figure it out. I remember there was one fake P4P song going around for a while that turned out to be "Yesterday's World" by Circulatory System, but that was a reasonably popular band that was pretty easy to debunk.

MicrowavedGerbil

#9 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Let's hear some bud? Try posting a few.

MicrowavedGerbil

#10 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 pm

I probably should have just created an internet white whale thread instead. Those are very interesting.

SR

#11 Post by SR » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:59 am

Good luck. :cool: