Perry did a solo album

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby creep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

bman wrote:What he should do is this. A 12 stop Enit world festival tour over the course of 1 year. A one day festival per month in 12 different worldwide cities.. Call it a Jane's farewell last fix tour. Jim Rose Circus Side Show, a few bands, Jane's headlines. How simple of a cool idea is that. He might even get the rest of the band to agree and sell some tickets.

Except no way Jane's can headline a festival. That idea might even lose more money than kind heaven.
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Artemis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

So, Kind Heaven is a themed casino?
User avatar
Artemis
 
Posts: 8275
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Larry B. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Artemis wrote:So, Kind Heaven is a themed casino?


With dining and mixed martial arts

And music

And dining
User avatar
Larry B.
 
Posts: 6750
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby bman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Hong Kong Street Food and the Night Nurse.
bman
 
Posts: 1306
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:53 am

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby kv » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:30 pm

stay off the drugs kids
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6906
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Pandemonium » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Artemis wrote:So, Kind Heaven is a themed casino?


With dining and mixed martial arts

And music

And dining


Perry's Party Palace

User avatar
Pandemonium
 
Posts: 5040
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Six7Six7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 am

bman wrote:What he should do is this. A 12 stop Enit world festival tour over the course of 1 year. A one day festival per month in 12 different worldwide cities.. Call it a Jane's farewell last fix tour. Jim Rose Circus Side Show, a few bands, Jane's headlines. How simple of a cool idea is that. He might even get the rest of the band to agree and sell some tickets.


That's called Lollapalooza and they already do it every year in cities around the world.
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Six7Six7 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

Larry B. wrote:That's so fucking insane.

I love the way he keeps mentioning some of the elements this project is going to have and says "dining." I can imagine people in 2030 going "oh, remember that Perry Farrell project that was across Caesar's Palace? Man, that dining was superb."

"actors... actresses... mixed martial arts... dancing... parkour... music... performers... fighters... musicians... it's everything rolled into one"

This guy is a nutjob.

"you're living in a post-armageddon... so there's peace for a thousand years... and you're there... and there's music..."

Put that on the fucking poster, Perry. You five-story building will be full of people in no time.

"there's music happening all around you, and you're eating at this beautiful places..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"you can even eat insects, scorpions..." :lolol: :lolol:

"It's a two and a half hour show, but then if you want to stay we can put you in another room where you can listen to music, socialize, gamble..."

GAMBLE? Hang on a minute... is Kind Heaven just a front for Perry's very own racket? Perry says that this is for people who pay for the VIP experience.


He couldn't get a Vegas casino to buy into his stupid idea, so he's just going to build his own casino.

Oh man, he's going to spend the last 2 decades of his life flat broke trying to make his wife a star :lol:
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Artemis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:
Artemis wrote:So, Kind Heaven is a themed casino?


With dining and mixed martial arts

And music

And dining


Perry's Party Palace



:lol:
User avatar
Artemis
 
Posts: 8275
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby tvrec » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:55 pm

A lost song, sounds like a classic.

From Twitter: PF
"I've totally felt not cool enough. Why just yesterday I felt not cool at all. Though there was a moment I felt so cool and happy. Right after I got laid. So I decided to write a song "It's a good day, when you get laid". I had a melody and everything but then I fell back asleep."

https://twitter.com/perryfarrell/status ... +276893713
tvrec
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Hokahey » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:15 pm

tvrec wrote:A lost song, sounds like a classic.

From Twitter: PF
"I've totally felt not cool enough. Why just yesterday I felt not cool at all. Though there was a moment I felt so cool and happy. Right after I got laid. So I decided to write a song "It's a good day, when you get laid". I had a melody and everything but then I fell back asleep."

https://twitter.com/perryfarrell/status ... +276893713


Folks, this is what happens when you surround yourself with sycophants that won't tell you your ideas suck.
User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3726
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby clickie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

The 'its a good day, when you get laid' is inspired by ' People are strange, when you're a stranger'
clickie
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby clickie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:23 pm

I guess Perry is now more concerned about being considered cool than Dave. Its a passing of the torch.
clickie
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Six7Six7 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 pm

clickie wrote:I guess Perry is now more concerned about being considered cool than Dave. Its a passing of the torch.


Has Dave ever been concerned with being cool?

I mean, the guy has done so many reality shows (Rockstar, Til Death Do Us Part, Ink Master) and magazine columns and played with popstars (Alanis, Jackson, Mariah, Christina), and he's been going through this weird goth phase with the suspensions and weird piercings and shit for like a decade. Everyone here, and elsewhere, pretty much makes fun of every single thing he does. The guy was married to Carmen Electra and dudes still call him "fag" for kissing Kiedis in the RHCP video.

I have never really gotten the sense that he cares whether people think he's cool. Usually his friends joke how he just wants people to tell him that he looks thin and handsome. :lol:
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby Six7Six7 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:54 pm

clickie wrote:The 'its a good day, when you get laid' is inspired by ' People are strange, when you're a stranger'


I guarantee it was the same melody. He just says he forgot because he realizes it was ripping off a Doors song to sing about his wife.

But hey, someone with like 8 albums worth of material written can certainly forget a few hits, right?
User avatar
Six7Six7
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby nestos » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:22 am

Six7Six7 wrote:But hey, someone with like 8 albums worth of material written can certainly forget a few hits, right?


It is not fair to remember me all those hidden treasures the next generations will probably never hear a word about.
I like to compare Perry's mind to a lost civilization or a spanish gallion sinked into the Caribbean
sea :hehe:
User avatar
nestos
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Perry did a solo album

Postby tvrec » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
clickie wrote:I guess Perry is now more concerned about being considered cool than Dave. Its a passing of the torch.


Has Dave ever been concerned with being cool?


Rule no. 1: Caring about being cool makes one totally uncool.
tvrec
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Previous

Return to Jane's Addiction News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests