Stealing and Shower

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Noonesshocking

Stealing and Shower

#1 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Are basically the inverse of each other on guitar. I just had this epiphany recently. Same shapes, but backwards rhythmically. Goes to show that the band went a long way with a relatively small box of tricks each member had at their disposal.

clickie

Re: Stealing and Shower

#2 Post by clickie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Been Caught Stealing is underrated. I could go to any college party tonight and put that song on and the whole place would start dancing and going crazy.

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:23 pm

clickie wrote:Been Caught Stealing is underrated. I could go to any college party tonight and put that song on and the whole place would start dancing and going crazy.
No, you couldn't.

You'd get laughed out of the room if you put that on.

Mescal

#4 Post by Mescal » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:12 pm

clickie wrote:Been Caught Stealing is underrated. I could go to any college party tonight and put that song on and the whole place would start dancing and going crazy.
I thought Been Caught Stealing was their biggest hit?

Mescal

#5 Post by Mescal » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:Goes to show that the band went a long way with a relatively small box of tricks each member had at their disposal.
They were definitely the sum of their parts (like all great bands ...).

Eric's is not the world's greatest bass player, but it sure worked in JA

Larry B.

#6 Post by Larry B. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 am

Noonesshocking wrote:Are basically the inverse of each other on guitar. I just had this epiphany recently. Same shapes, but backwards rhythmically. Goes to show that the band went a long way with a relatively small box of tricks each member had at their disposal.
Had a Dad, Ocean Size, Standing, Stealing, Just Because, Superhero, The Riches, and arguably True Nature, all basically use the same drum line, with basically the same accents and inflections.

erotic cheeses

#7 Post by erotic cheeses » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Rofl
This is what I do expecting this reaction, but rarely comes true