Billy Corgan props to JA

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Billy Corgan props to JA

#26 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Matov wrote:as with rhcp, pearl jam and one or two more bands i may be forgetting, i'm pretty much corgan's bitch. i do not enjoy his spiritual digressions, i do not enjoy his twitter scandals, and i do not enjoy his wrestling obsession. but he totally gets a pass from me.
i used to say the same about janes right up to the lip synching incident at terminal 5 (and after). that shit is just unacceptable :sad:

Apparently Perry stopped with the lip syncing. So now it's just the other 10 reasons we have to get past. haha
Hmmm...there's 10 songs on The Great Escape Artist. Coincidence? I think not! :lol:

JOEinPHX

#27 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:52 pm

*Edit

99 problems, and a bitch is 1

Kajicat

#28 Post by Kajicat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Pandemonium wrote:and the whole wrestling shtick is just terrible.
What's this wrestling thing all about? :hs: Sounds ridiculous. Someone fill me in!

JOEinPHX

#29 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Kajicat wrote:
What's this wrestling thing all about? :hs: Sounds ridiculous. Someone fill me in!
1. He's obsessed with wrestling. Spends more time at wrestling events than working on music.
2. His latest video was nothing but an amateur professional wrestling match.
3. He's starting his own wrestling federation where he writes the storylines.

Pandemonium

#30 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Kajicat wrote:
1. He's obsessed with wrestling. Spends more time at wrestling events than working on music.
2. His latest video was nothing but an amateur professional wrestling match.
3. He's starting his own wrestling federation where he writes the storylines.
4. I don't know if he's doing it all all his recent shows, but the one that's currently running on the Palladium HD channel, in mid-set, he's starting a song solo on acoustic guitar and a pair of Mexican wrestlers come on stage, grab the mic and start talking shit about how crappy The Smashing Pumpkins are and so on which leads to pushing and shoving between Billy and the wrestlers and a campy brawl that goes on for about 5 minutes while the audience wonders what kind of joke this is.

The only more embarrassing thing I've ever seen at a live rock n' roll show is when Sammy Hagar spent about 20 minutes mid-set doing an infomercial complete with party chicks plugging his Cabo Wabo Tequila in '02.

JOEinPHX

#31 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm

i didn't know about the mexican wrestler skit.

that is fucking embarrassing.

And he has the balls to shit talk James Iha for playing in A Perfect Circle? What a chump.

i just lost respect for Billy, making his props to JA meaningless.

Artemis

#32 Post by Artemis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Does Billy actually wrestle?

Deconstruction

#33 Post by Deconstruction » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Artemis wrote:Does Billy actually wrestle?
Not yet, but I'm sure he will at some point. Man that music video (and the song itself) OWATA was just awful.

JOEinPHX

#34 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:09 pm

i know he has accompanied people to the ring before.

and after a google search, i found pics from his little wrestling skit on stage.

Gay. :crazy:

Matov

#35 Post by Matov » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:59 pm

I wouldn't say he spends more time on his wrestling affairs than he does with his music. like them or not, he's written loads and loads of songs in the last couple of years, many of which never made it to SP, but did get played with his Spirits in the sky project. he's got this album coming out that he recorded with the full band but all previous SP 2.0 recordings up to that have been pretty much him on guitars/bass/keys/vocals plus a drummer (Jimmy Chamberlin till 09, then Mike Byrne). He's guested in and cowritten/produced songs and albums with artists ranging from ray davies to jessica simpson.
He's cuckoo, i'll give you that. But no way he's not spending his time doing music.
Here's a brief list of unreleased billy songs from the past couple of years (2008-present)
http://hipstersunited.wordpress.com/unr ... new-songs/

Matov

#36 Post by Matov » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:00 pm

oh and that wrestling skit was a one-off. still, :balls:

wally

#37 Post by wally » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:38 pm

fake wrestling >> etty on stage.

Tyler Durden

#38 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:53 pm

wally wrote:fake wrestling >> etty on stage.
:lolol:

Kajicat

#39 Post by Kajicat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Fucking hilarious :lolol: :ele:

I use to LOVE wrestling :love: during the Golden Era, and then again from about 1997 - 2003. Was big on WWF and ECW. I don't watch anymore since it all went downhill, but yeah Billy incorporating pro wrestling into his music just doesn't work. It's like a 13 year old deciding he wants to mash all of his favorite things together so he adds wrestling and video games to his garage band, and it ends up just fucking everything up.

With pro wrestling promos during his shows I'm betting Billy is alienating his fanbase quite a bit. I wish I could see the reaction on people's faces.
Six7Six7 wrote:Image
:yikes: Ok Billy about to get the Outsider's Edge...this is like a weird fever dream I would have had when I was 16.

NYRexall

#40 Post by NYRexall » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
NYRexall wrote:His post-2000 output actually manages to be both different AND decent. And most of it he puts out for free in some form or another, too.
I would strongly disagree. And as I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago, the current live show with the crappy arrangements of some older songs, his current band of scrubs (Chamberlain is a critical missing element) and the whole wrestling shtick is just terrible.
His live show today doesn't come close to the live shows the classic lineup used to perform, I'm certainly not trying to die on that hill. Nor is his current band anything short of a joke at this point. It's basically Billy and his hired hands carrying on with the Smashing Pumpkins mentality.

I was referring to his muscial output post-2000 when the band split for the first time. It's decent - not great, and certainly not as good as anything they did prior to breaking up - but decent nonetheless. That "Zeitgeist" album was as good of a Smashing Pumpkins album as you were going to get with just Billy and Jimmy, and it was doomed from the start because "D'arcy and James weren't there" :eyes:

But the songs are still there, because he's a talented songwriter and a talented musician, still. Even if he needs to get his head out of his own ass and stop worrying so much about what people think of his legacy.

But his solo record? I loved that thing. Very shoe-gazey and different for him. The songs he's literally writing in front of you during that "If It All Goes Wrong" documentary? I immediately went and ripped those songs off Youtube. These new songs he's been writing and releasing for free in fits and spurts the last couple of years as part of that massive album he's trying to create? I've enjoyed the majority of those as well. None of it is in the same vein as what the classis lineup did, nor as spectacular. But it's more than enough to hold my interest in what he's doing and keep me listening in the present day, absolutely.

As for the wrestling shit...don't get me started. I have no idea what he's trying to say with it , nor do I care to know.

JOEinPHX

#41 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:50 pm

fake wrestling = etty on stage

:no:

CaseyContrarian

#42 Post by CaseyContrarian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
fake wrestling = etty on stage

:no:
Wrestling might be just a tad worse, because Billy actually stops the show to do the skit. Etty is annoying, but it's more like ugly wallpaper.

Artemis

#43 Post by Artemis » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:35 pm

I like wrestling so I wouldn't mind Billy's wrestling interlude. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#44 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:14 am

i guess when i really think about it, Billy just interrrupts the show for a few minutes for wrestling, whereas Etty interrupts the ENTIRE show to be a stripper and pretend to be Casey.

So yeah, Etty is definitely worse. By far.

NYRexall

#45 Post by NYRexall » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:22 am

I did some research on Bald Bill's wrestling organization over breakfast. The kickoff show is some date in November in the Chicago area. Tickets are $20 for general admission and apparently, people in the mid-west are pretty stoked about it.

This might actually make Baldo some revenue, and at the very least, it's interesting publicity for the Oceania album that comes out the same month (I'll buy it).

I mean, it can't be any worse of a venture than that festival Perry did out in the woods with P4P back in the mid-90's...

JOEinPHX

#46 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 am

As long as Hulk Hogan has nothing to do with it, it will do well.

As soon as that fucking dinosaur shows up and puts the belt on himself and his fat 80s WWF has-been friends, it's over.

NYRexall

#47 Post by NYRexall » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:29 am

Wait...wait...isn't that happening somewhere else...in the southern U.S...right now?

JOEinPHX

#48 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:35 am

NYRexall wrote:Wait...wait...isn't that happening somewhere else...in the southern U.S...right now?
Yeah, TNA.

He hired himself, bischoff, Hall, Nash, Waltman, the nasty boys, brutus beefcake, etc, etc, etc... and even Bubba the Love Sponge, a radio guy, as an announcer.

Then he took their 6 side ring and made it 4 sided.

Then the ratings bombed and him and all his friends all got fired. After they got their millions of course.

Now he's sponsoring a midget wrestling league. Dude could not be more pathetic.

NYRexall

#49 Post by NYRexall » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 am

Didn't his ex-manwife just come out and accuse him of having a homosexual encounter with that Beefcake guy? Who didn't see that one coming?

I just went to the TNA website and gave it a once over. So....Sting, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan are all involved in a storyline feud, complete with matches, from what I'm seeing. Aren't these fucking guys like 60 years old now, or older? Who do they think wants to see a bunch of geriatrics rolling around in a ring together?

I don't even want to know what's going on in the WWE these days.

JOEinPHX

#50 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:51 am

Flair is 63 i think.

Google his money problems. Apparently the dude spends waaaaaaay more than he takes in, borrows from everyone he meets, and rarely pays anyone or anything back. Then he's had like 3 divorces because he drunkenly beats all his wives, who then take half of his valuables.

He'll owe like 2 million dollars to people, and go blow all his paychecks on jewelry for his women who then turn around and divorce him.

He used his world title belt as collateral on 2 different loans, which is kind of illegal.

The guy is forced to keep wrestling because his "stylin' profilin'" gimmick is something he actually takes with him into the real world. So he'll make like 300,000 a year, but he spends like 500,000 a year to keep up certain lifestyle appearance.