What the hell is this? Never seen or heard before today..

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
jason

What the hell is this? Never seen or heard before today..

#1 Post by jason » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aAVnwbNKq0

I can honestly say i have NEVER heard this or even heard OF it. is it real? certainly sounds like Perry...not sure about the "rehearsal" tracks in the background, but it's worth a listen just for the stories alone. anyone know anymore about this?? after all these years of YouTube-ing i feel like i've seen/heard it all...but something always seems to pop up every year or so...

kv

Re: What the hell is this? Never seen or heard before today.

#2 Post by kv » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm

jason

#3 Post by jason » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:13 pm

ahhhhh, ok ok...still, funny i’ve never come across this.

intertwoven

#4 Post by intertwoven » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Wow, it's been 8 years since I put that "album" together. I need to get around to fixing the dead links on the site. I didn't make that video, but whoever did, did a nice job.

Noonesshocking

#5 Post by Noonesshocking » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:21 pm

intertwoven wrote:Wow, it's been 8 years since I put that "album" together. I need to get around to fixing the dead links on the site. I didn't make that video, but whoever did, did a nice job.
This was really nice to have in the immediate aftermath of Eric's departure. Kids in the Street is great. Didn't Dave even play it on his old radio show?

intertwoven

#6 Post by intertwoven » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
intertwoven wrote:Wow, it's been 8 years since I put that "album" together. I need to get around to fixing the dead links on the site. I didn't make that video, but whoever did, did a nice job.
This was really nice to have in the immediate aftermath of Eric's departure. Kids in the Street is great. Didn't Dave even play it on his old radio show?
Yeah, and then (Handsome) Mike was frantically trying to get in touch with me to give me the number to call into the show. I'm pretty shy, but I called it up and had a surreal little chat with Dave on the air where he complimented me a few times on it. Pretty cool moment for me.

jason

#7 Post by jason » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:34 pm

intertwoven wrote:
Noonesshocking wrote:
Yeah, and then (Handsome) Mike was frantically trying to get in touch with me to give me the number to call into the show. I'm pretty shy, but I called it up and had a surreal little chat with Dave on the air where he complimented me a few times on it. Pretty cool moment for me.
thats awesome man, glad you did it. I called Perry once from a chicago radio station where a band i was in was doing an interview...the DJ/Host was asking us why we weren't playing Lollapalooza, we said we weren't quite sure, and he suggested we call Perry and ask him...i was the only one who said that they were willing to ask him, so he called. of course Perry didn't answer, but i left a message on his voicemail and later copied his phone number from the stations call list.

bman

#8 Post by bman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Hype

#9 Post by Hype » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Wow. I had never seen that before. It's probably my 5th or 6th favourite cover of that song. It's hard to tell how good Perry's voice is or isn't on it because the recording is terrible. I don't like the way the rhythm guitar is played. It should be acoustic. Also, the bass sounds way too sloppy.

tubro

#10 Post by tubro » Thu May 03, 2018 8:27 pm

this pure shite may have been here before but it showed up in the youtube margin during that half shite pixies song (which I actually enjoyed because i'm a sucker for covers and perry was having fun).
ring of fire. at least steve jones brings royalty to the proceedings.
but when he says 'you have your wife with you' and perry explains that he wanted to pay tribute to great duos like johnny cash and june carter cash, it was clear that (a) he chose a song that june never sang on; (b) etty would have nothing whatsoever to add; and (c) the only thing worse would have been if they had tried Jackson and etty actually had to do something.
anyway, after the initial fuck up and before the chorus, perry sings the first verse sort of pretty.