Embrace the Darkness

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
eye

Re: Embrace the Darkness

#21 Post by eye » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 am

Listening to Dave's radio show, he talked about "circle of the noose" the incredibly average last song he did with the chilli Peppers. Dave's guitar tech Dan mention Embrace the darkness and they agreed that it should leak.. Dan even had it there and then on his phone. Dave was like .. maybe just play a little part of it. Then someone changed the subject.

Maybe someone hit Dan up on twitter and ask him to leak it!? i'm super curious how it sounds. It's the real Janes Addiction and all that...

Didn't Avery say it was like a show tune or something.. but the outro was really great (sounded like Janes)

bman

#22 Post by bman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 am

I tweeted at Dan asking him to release a little snippet. He said it wasn't his place to release it. I said, 'Hopefully someday" and he replied Probably. So we'll see. :noclue:

JOEinPHX

#23 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:59 pm

eye wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 am

Didn't Avery say it was like a show tune or something.. but the outro was really great (sounded like Janes)
He said what Perry initially brought to them was like a show tune. But because it was so weird, that's why he wanted to work with it and write music for it.

Much the same way Underground started on Perry's laptop and got the full band treatment, that's what they did with Embrace the Darkness.