DN on Ernie Ball String Theory

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Noonesshocking

DN on Ernie Ball String Theory

#1 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Nothing groundbreaking but cool to see him playing and talk about music.

JOEinPHX

Re: DN on Ernie Ball String Theory

#2 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 pm

1. It's interesting the perspective he has on music.
2. Weird that he's playing an SE.
3. Played a TPC song. Woah. Did not expect that.
4. Was that a jam or something forthcoming?
5. Played a bit of the 3 Day solo. Still got it. Still hits hard. Perry is useless when that man can still do that.

Matz

#3 Post by Matz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 pm

6. He probably couldn't tell the difference between an Ernie Ball string and a D'addario string e.g. if his life depended on it

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Matz wrote:6. He probably couldn't tell the difference between an Ernie Ball string and a D'addario string e.g. if his life depended on it
He has totally admitted to knowing nothing about what his guitar techs put on there. :lol:

phenobarb_bambalam

#5 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:05 pm

7. The segment starting at 7:17 where he reportedly uses the past tense for Jane's Addiction, as though they're no longer a going concern.

Lord knows I don't pay attention in the way I used to, but have I missed something? He later refers to it in the present, in passing, but it was kind of glaring.

dannyboy

#6 Post by dannyboy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:00 am

Hey PB!

Maybe (like us), he recognizes that there’s Jane’s Addiction and Jane’s Addiction!

Matz

#7 Post by Matz » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:21 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Matz wrote:6. He probably couldn't tell the difference between an Ernie Ball string and a D'addario string e.g. if his life depended on it
He has totally admitted to knowing nothing about what his guitar techs put on there. :lol:
yeah, like Vai, Cantrell, Iommi, McCartney and a ton of other pros probably should do too. A string is a string...

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:31 pm

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:7. The segment starting at 7:17 where he reportedly uses the past tense for Jane's Addiction, as though they're no longer a going concern.

Lord knows I don't pay attention in the way I used to, but have I missed something? He later refers to it in the present, in passing, but it was kind of glaring.
I'm sure they are on hiatus while Perry works tirelessly on using Kind Heaven as a springboard to once again give his wife something to do other than shop.

Jane's Addiction will reconvene on the festival circuit in summer 2019 when Etty needs a new wardrobe.

kv

#9 Post by kv » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Matz wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
yeah, like Vai, Cantrell, Iommi, McCartney and a ton of other pros probably should do too. A string is a string...
But Ernie ball Slinkies feel Soo nice...a string is not a string...

Juana

#10 Post by Juana » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 am

kv wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:40 pm
Matz wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
But Ernie ball Slinkies feel Soo nice...a string is not a string...
I agree but I personally prefer 13's from D'addario, I should also note that I tune flat