Both Eric and Perry are Involved with the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
phenobarb_bambalam

Re: Both Eric and Perry are Involved with the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

#51 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:35 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 pm
And keep in mind, just because someone wasn't friends with Chris doesn't mean they weren't supremely influenced by him. This was an opportunity for some relatively well known musicians to pay tribute to him.
Yes, I get that. But it didn't need to be five hours of everyone who wanted to pay tribute paying tribute. I am perfectly happy to say that it was just me who felt that disconnect, but I suspect that's not the case judging by the crowd's ebb and flow. Or maybe I'm just a cunt for thinking Jimmy Kimmel is a smug tosser and didn't want his heroin jokes punctuating the bands.
Noonesshocking wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 pm
What was the vibe like during the soundgarden set? I’m watching the videos and it’s making me sad. Not because it sounds bad, but because it’s just such a reminder of what a loss they endured.
The intro was quite moving as the three of them came on and stood in a spotlight centerstage under a huge image of CC. Matt did pretty much all of the talking both during the intro and their 'set'. They sounded as you would expect playing (great), but just came across as being awkward. Completely understandably. I can't imagine what it would have been like for them to play those songs on a stage for the first time since. I actually struggled with the Soundgarden set as it was so jarring to hear the band play those songs as they always have done, with someone else singing his lyrics.

If I am not mistaken, they placed his guitar in stage in its usual spot in front of the drum riser. A nice touch....