Both Eric and Perry are Involved with the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Noonesshocking

Both Eric and Perry are Involved with the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

#1 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 pm

It's this coming Wednesday. Intriguing indeed. If there isn't an onstage reunion they are most likely gonna see each other backstage or something.

Perry was previously confirmed, but Eric just said on his instagram he's involved as well.

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Both Eric and Perry are Involved with the Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

#2 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:02 pm

But will Eric even recognize him?

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Not too long ago this information would get everyone excited and talking possible a possible reunion. It's nice that no one gives a shit anymore.

Noonesshocking

#4 Post by Noonesshocking » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:02 pm

creep wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 pm
Not too long ago this information would get everyone excited and talking possible a possible reunion. It's nice that no one gives a shit anymore.
I won't lie - the wheels were turning in my head for a second.

The gravity of the night... hey maybe we need to recognize that we're all still alive and finish the Reznor material we started ten years ago... maybe write some new stuff and do a theater tour. We'll all try extra hard this time.

Then reality dick slaps me in the face.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#5 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:02 pm
creep wrote:

The gravity of the night... hey maybe we need to recognize that we're all still alive and finish the Reznor material we started ten years ago... maybe write some new stuff and do a theater tour. We'll all try extra hard this time.

10 years ago. Christ I'm old.

I couldn't care less if they reformed with Eric. NINJA was ok-ish 10 years ago, and that was with Perry still holding on to his last shred of dignity. I have zero desire to pay a dime to see that man "sing" again.

JOEinPHX

#6 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm

What the fuck exactly is Perry Farrell even going to do at this show?

Pass out jello shots? Give people wacky words of encouragement? Recite a poem about Etty?

Because Perry can't even sing in his own vocal range, so he sure as shit isn't hitting any Cornell notes.

phenobarb_bambalam

#7 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:26 pm

This whole event is shaping up to be a rather weird thing. I'm paying attention as I will be going, but it really doesn't have the integrity to it that should do. By that, I mean the fact that the widow's name is all over it and there is barely any concrete involvement from the former members of his bands. Add to that the fact that the first names attached to the bill are people who would never spring to mind as being huge figures in Cornell's journey or story.

So, that said....

Chaney will also be there. Perry, yes, though Etty made point of saying that her husband would be performing - I take this as a good sign that it won't be Kind Heaven, though she may or may not slime her way on to a stage. I would just hope that someone involved with whatever unfolds manages to police Perry and veto giving her a microphone.

And Eric's comment makes it seem like he's just been told to be at The Forum on Wednesday night. There wasn't much warmth to it. One can only assume this will be Garbage (though hopefully it'll be something more interesting); although I am huge fans of both Cornell and Garbage, I can't think of many obvious reasons for why Garbage would make the bill.

Not for a second did I think before seeing this thread that they would do anything more than cross paths backstage...

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:04 pm

They're claiming members of Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog.

Which is weird since members of those bands already paid tribute to Chris, with Mudhoney, at Pearl Jam's Seattle shows in August.

If I had to guess, I'd say it will probably be Kim Thayil, Tom Morello, and Mike McCready.

Which is why Chaney is playing bass. It's all guitar players.

Mike Patton is going to be there. He's about the only dude I'd let handle the vocals.

Noonesshocking

#9 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:26 pm
This whole event is shaping up to be a rather weird thing. I'm paying attention as I will be going, but it really doesn't have the integrity to it that should do. By that, I mean the fact that the widow's name is all over it and there is barely any concrete involvement from the former members of his bands. Add to that the fact that the first names attached to the bill are people who would never spring to mind as being huge figures in Cornell's journey or story.

So, that said....

Chaney will also be there. Perry, yes, though Etty made point of saying that her husband would be performing - I take this as a good sign that it won't be Kind Heaven, though she may or may not slime her way on to a stage. I would just hope that someone involved with whatever unfolds manages to police Perry and veto giving her a microphone.

And Eric's comment makes it seem like he's just been told to be at The Forum on Wednesday night. There wasn't much warmth to it. One can only assume this will be Garbage (though hopefully it'll be something more interesting); although I am huge fans of both Cornell and Garbage, I can't think of many obvious reasons for why Garbage would make the bill.

Not for a second did I think before seeing this thread that they would do anything more than cross paths backstage...

Have had the same thoughts. Further, I’m not really sure Eric was friends with that camp or was even a Soundgarden fan.

nausearockpig

#10 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Seems to me almost everyone raved about CC and SG

MYXYLPLYX

#11 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Perry is performing during the Audioslave segment of the show, where it looks like Morello and the drummer will be playing but they're subbing in and out vocalists and bass players. Perry is singing "Cochise" with Geezer Butler on bass...

:confused:

Chaney is actually playing on several songs during the Audioslave segment (one with Brandi Carlile on vocals) but not with Perry.

Eric is doing a song during the Temple of the Dog segment, but I can't recall which one... maybe "Time of Trouble "?

Mescal

#12 Post by Mescal » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Perry is singing Cochise?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What, they're gonna tune it down a full octave?

Mescal

#13 Post by Mescal » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Noonesshocking wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:02 pm
creep wrote:

Noonesshocking

#14 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:11 pm

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 pm
Perry is performing during the Audioslave segment of the show, where it looks like Morello and the drummer will be playing but they're subbing in and out vocalists and bass players. Perry is singing "Cochise" with Geezer Butler on bass...

:confused:

Chaney is actually playing on several songs during the Audioslave segment (one with Brandi Carlile on vocals) but not with Perry.

Eric is doing a song during the Temple of the Dog segment, but I can't recall which one... maybe "Time of Trouble "?
Lol unbelievable that it’s Cochise. I don’t think Tim C. Is involved because he’s going through some intense personal shit involving a divorce at the moment. By the way, is this info you’re sharing circulating widely yet or is it insider info?

I figured if any site had this info, it’d be alt nation, but they don’t have a story on who’s doing what yet :hehe:

Larry B.

#15 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Mescal wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 pm

You don’t understand, it’s going to be sexily whispered-Cochise.

“Oh baby gonna save yourseeelf”

Noonesshocking

#16 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Mescal wrote:

LOL I’m imagining that pose where is arm is up and it looks like he’s gonna start snapping his fingers

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Josh Freese is playing drums on several songs.

... and Jimmy Kimmel is hosting!?!

Hokahey
Site Admin

#18 Post by Hokahey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Mescal wrote:

And he'll have that stupid smile on his face the whole song.

JOEinPHX

#19 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I figured if any site had this info, it’d be alt nation, but they don’t have a story on who’s doing what yet :hehe:
Headline: Former member of local Los Angeles music community with ties to current and former members of Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers gives statement regarding the setlist and performers for the Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog) performance in Los Angeles this Wednesday

Link to this post and list of any and all band members of any band mentioned on this board within the last 17 weeks

Posted by: KevinTheBread

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:53 pm

That's my imitation of every single thing posted on that piece of shit AltNation site.

someguy

#21 Post by someguy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:53 pm
That's my imitation of every single thing posted on that piece of shit AltNation site.
"Surprising Performers for Chris Cornell Tribute Concert Announced, Will Chris Cornell Be There?"

someguy

#22 Post by someguy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm

In all seriousness, Chris Cornell is dearly missed. I'd be down to see Eric play with Matt Cameron and Kim Thayil. I also saw on Instagram Perk was hanging around with Chaney and Hawkins so maybe he's playing too

Noonesshocking

#23 Post by Noonesshocking » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Miley Cyrus, Josh Homme, Adam Levine, Fiona Apple, Miguel, Brandi Carlile, and Chris Stapleton are confirmed now too. Some of these guests are really cool, some are really... I don't quite get it :conf:

MYXYLPLYX

#24 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Just wait until you hear Miley Cyrus version of "Say Hello to Heaven "...

creep
Site Admin

#25 Post by creep » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm

I just saw that Mike Patton cancelled. I was interested in hearing what he was going to do.