Kind Heaven review

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Tyler Durden

Re: Kind Heaven review

#41 Post by Tyler Durden » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:59 am

I checked out the track samples on iTunes. My general impression is that this album probably makes Chris Cornell's "Scream" album sound like Zeppelin IV.

kv

#42 Post by kv » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:42 am

Kinda proud of myself for not even needing to hear it....I know what it is

clickie

#43 Post by clickie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:33 pm

That song Cheerfulness reminds me of the ZZ Top's song Tush
Someone said this album is better than Satellite Party, I'm not so sure.

JOEinPHX

#44 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:11 pm

kv wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:01 pm
He doesn't even get how his incessant perry bashing is old...

He just keeps beating away... :deadhorse:
You know you're on the JANE'S ADDICTION message board, right?

:lol:

kv

#45 Post by kv » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:21 pm

You know I'm not here for them right?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#46 Post by Hokahey » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:56 pm

kv wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:42 am
Kinda proud of myself for not even needing to hear it....I know what it is

Ya know, I felt the same way. But there are moments I didn't expect. Like the first track. I mean, it's still a bad album. But I'd give it a quick listen.

three_weeks

#47 Post by three_weeks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 pm

First of all, the length of the album and a total number of tracks are a total joke. If you want to make a "theatrical concept" about anything then sure as hell it has to be something more than miraculously squeezed out 30 minutes with tracks dating back to 2010. I don't believe Perry can hold a "concept" for 9 years nowadays, let alone for a month. I'm 99% sure many of the production decisions were made to artificially lengthen the songs, pushing it hard towards the half an hour mark, which looks more acceptable than, say, a 26 minute "longplay". The fact that Perry had to rehash other people's songs under his own name, despite claiming having a few "hours" of material is just sad. It could've been a decent little LP, but instead of that we got one of the most generic and bland sounding pieces of faux-pop this year; my special golden turd award goes to the opening track (a Sesame Street comparison is a good one... it's not vaudeville, it's clowns on xanax) and "Spend The Body" which is probably the most sleazy thing you can get from an aging ex-rockstar. I'd give it half a star for a sadistic fun factor, but to be honest, it's really all that's left when it comes to post-nowadays-Jane's Addiction history. Perry's just a fucking clown with his wannabe diva wife, handful of plastic surgeries, failed attempts at launching own brands, failed attempts at modelling, failed attempts at being a popstar, failed attempts at being relevant. And it's not like I hate the guys' guts, Perry always seemed to be a extraordinarily humble, sweet and warm guy and he's still like that in interviews, but damn, he's better off with a new or better manager these days. And we all know that occupation is probably handled by Etty.

tl;dr new album is shit 1,5/10

SR

#48 Post by SR » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Ah, fresh eyes :thumb:

JOEinPHX

#49 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 pm

three_weeks wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 pm
First of all, the length of the album and a total number of tracks are a total joke. If you want to make a "theatrical concept" about anything then sure as hell it has to be something more than miraculously squeezed out 30 minutes with tracks dating back to 2010. I don't believe Perry can hold a "concept" for 9 years nowadays, let alone for a month. I'm 99% sure many of the production decisions were made to artificially lengthen the songs, pushing it hard towards the half an hour mark, which looks more acceptable than, say, a 26 minute "longplay". The fact that Perry had to rehash other people's songs under his own name, despite claiming having a few "hours" of material is just sad. It could've been a decent little LP, but instead of that we got one of the most generic and bland sounding pieces of faux-pop this year; my special golden turd award goes to the opening track (a Sesame Street comparison is a good one... it's not vaudeville, it's clowns on xanax) and "Spend The Body" which is probably the most sleazy thing you can get from an aging ex-rockstar. I'd give it half a star for a sadistic fun factor, but to be honest, it's really all that's left when it comes to post-nowadays-Jane's Addiction history. Perry's just a fucking clown with his wannabe diva wife, handful of plastic surgeries, failed attempts at launching own brands, failed attempts at modelling, failed attempts at being a popstar, failed attempts at being relevant. And it's not like I hate the guys' guts, Perry always seemed to be a extraordinarily humble, sweet and warm guy and he's still like that in interviews, but damn, he's better off with a new or better manager these days. And we all know that occupation is probably handled by Etty.

I like you.

Welcome to the board. :tiphat:

Larry B.

#50 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:32 pm

:wave: :banana:

Mescal

#51 Post by Mescal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:51 am

three_weeks wrote:
If you want to make a "theatrical concept" about anything then sure as hell it has to be something more than miraculously squeezed out 30 minutes with tracks dating back to 2010.

:lolol:

Yeah well, what did you expect? The Wall pt 2?

Stickyfingers

#52 Post by Stickyfingers » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 am

Kind Heaven is radical chic concept album.
"Frivolous political agitators" Perry and Etty go to a restaurant and change the world singing a karaoke song.

@perryfarrell Jun 10
Had a big pot of soup with a hot lobster in it. I really am enjoying Boston this time. Having a chance to get out and see the city. So rich in history. Love imagining the revolutionaries living their lives and making plans for America.. On in an hour- must dress/ stretch.

Mescal

#53 Post by Mescal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 am

What is Etty wearing?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#54 Post by Hokahey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:00 am

Perry would always look much cooler if he wasn't wearing a fake face.

Noonesshocking

#55 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am

Perry thinks these kind heaven shows are groundbreaking because attendees get to see him sing mountain song while they eat dinner

JOEinPHX

#56 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am

Noonesshocking wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am
Perry thinks these kind heaven shows are groundbreaking because attendees get to see him sing mountain song while they eat dinner
*sips wine* "Coming down the mountain! Yeah! Woooo! I love this song! Pass the salt please? CASH IN NOW HONEY! woooo!!! This lobster is to die for."

trevor ayer

#57 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

actually the surprise they haven't mentioned yet is that perry and etty will be dining while performing .. instead of just downing wine on stage there will be lobster fed to each other while singing and slathering butter all over each other .. its going to be very sexy and revolutionize the take out / rave dining industry .. and it will NOT be karaoke .. chris cheney will be playing a bass along with a drum machine .. etty is going to hum daves guitar solos while perry samples food from random audience dinner plates ... they will be also be debuting a new viral hit called "are u gonna finish that?" .. there will also be a hologram of the twins on the nothing shocking album .. but with ettys head.

JOEinPHX

#58 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 pm

trevor ayer wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm
rave dining industry
:lol: :lolol: :lol:

bman

#59 Post by bman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 pm
three_weeks wrote:

I like you.

Welcome to the board. :tiphat:
Lol! So fucking true. I had to drive from DC back to NJ yesterday and gave the record a listen for a few minutes with fresh ears. It's so awful. Some of the orchestral musical pieces are ok, But it is really bad. And yeah, Perry still comes across as kind of smart and funny in interviews, and still a rather deep thinking spiritual cat. So it's really mind boggling how this is the music he thinks goes with his ideas. My wife who I have dragged along to soooo many shows over the years said 6/7 was by far the worst and most embarrassing Perry show. I miss satellite party.

Mescal

#60 Post by Mescal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:38 pm

I heard Pirate Punk Politician on the national radio yesterday :)

Kinda funny of hearing the song on the radio while driving. Unbiased, and when you hear it just come on the radio, it didn't sound as bad as I remembered.

JOEinPHX

#61 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:07 am

:lol:

Matz

#62 Post by Matz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am

Mescal wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:38 pm
I heard Pirate Punk Politician on the national radio yesterday :)

Kinda funny of hearing the song on the radio while driving. Unbiased, and when you hear it just come on the radio, it didn't sound as bad as I remembered.
why would it sound bad, it's a 5,35/10 riff.

nestos

#63 Post by nestos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am

I thought it would be worse than it actually is.

I kinda like a few songs, which is more than what i was expecting from what is probably the last album perry will ever release.

The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:

creep
Site Admin

#64 Post by creep » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:42 am

nestos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 am

The worst ever JA related album will remain The Panic Channel to my opinion... :lolol:
this is true

ESY

#65 Post by ESY » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:04 am

It’s the only JA release that I couldn’t even get through the first song. I’ll take weird (and bad) Perry any day of the week.