IG Live

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Message
Author
User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: IG Live

#41 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Hype wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:44 pm
I know they like T-Shirts. But I don't know if there are more of them than people who go to Ministry shows. :noclue:
If you're talking about the band Danzig, they play the same kind of venues that Ministry does in Toronto (Danforth Music Hall, REBEL, The Phoenix, etc). If you're talking about the Misfits reunion shows w/Danzig, way bigger than Ministry.




trevor ayer
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 am

Re: IG Live

#42 Post by trevor ayer » Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm

I saw danzig a couple years ago .. he is one of my faves from misfits to samhain to danzig .. i even had some of his shitty instrumental albums for a while .. i never saw any of his bands my whole life and he was coming close enough and i swear it was one of the best shows i have ever seen .. still etched in my memory .. i thought it was gonna suck cuz i am a big fan of chuck erie and john christ .. the classic danzig line up .. and i am sure that may have been a better show .. but having never seen that .. this one blew me away .. heavy on the how the gods kill material .. everyone signing every song .. threw in a lot of lucifuge too .. sang great!!!! .. danzig is like a great wrestler .. just living the gimmick and still kinda pulling it off for an old guy

User avatar
Diabolik
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: IG Live

#43 Post by Diabolik » Sun May 10, 2020 2:04 pm

As a fan of all those bands here’s my 2cents

Danzig does have that hardcore fanbase, and Misfits shows we’re bigger than anything JA or Ministry have done in 30 years.

Ministry seem to survive on pure volume. Al’s output is amazing. It’s the same thing over and over—but he’s always got something to tour on. New songs are always in the set. Venues are the same as Danzig or JA, but Ministry is a functioning band. Danzig when he’s touring lately is all nostalgia, just like JA.

Jane’s are just...even during TGEA era they seems like they were barely a band. Since then it’s just...it is what it is. I’m hardwired to see them if they play, but it’s not good. I saw those Perry Kind Heaven shows and as a curiosity is was fine but it was cringe as fuck

I have this prediction that Jane’s might your again maybe next summer ( if there are concerts ) as a package deal opening for the RHCP. Not sure why I think that—but makes a certain sense to me. Though it’s probably better if RHCP get a new band to open with them—someone like Idles or something.

I’m rambling...

User avatar
Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4247
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: IG Live

#44 Post by Hokahey » Sun May 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Diabolik wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:04 pm
As a fan of all those bands here’s my 2cents

Danzig does have that hardcore fanbase, and Misfits shows we’re bigger than anything JA or Ministry have done in 30 years.

Ministry seem to survive on pure volume. Al’s output is amazing. It’s the same thing over and over—but he’s always got something to tour on. New songs are always in the set. Venues are the same as Danzig or JA, but Ministry is a functioning band. Danzig when he’s touring lately is all nostalgia, just like JA.

Jane’s are just...even during TGEA era they seems like they were barely a band. Since then it’s just...it is what it is. I’m hardwired to see them if they play, but it’s not good. I saw those Perry Kind Heaven shows and as a curiosity is was fine but it was cringe as fuck

I have this prediction that Jane’s might your again maybe next summer ( if there are concerts ) as a package deal opening for the RHCP. Not sure why I think that—but makes a certain sense to me. Though it’s probably better if RHCP get a new band to open with them—someone like Idles or something.

I’m rambling...
I have a very strong suspicion that Jane's and RHCP were getting ready to tour together. I'm barely a fan of either band anymore and yet I'd have been there with bells on.

Noonesshocking
Posts: 491
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: IG Live

#45 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun May 10, 2020 3:15 pm

I too think that there was gonna be some packaged thing with RHCP. Probably shitcanned now. Weirdly enough, there was more acknowledgment of Eric on their social media accounts than there had been in years.

If it happened and Eric was involved, I’d absolutely pay top dollar for good seats, as dumb as that sounds.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7902
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: IG Live

#46 Post by kv » Sun May 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Sounds pretty dumb....but I do dumb stuff everyday...

User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 7179
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: IG Live

#47 Post by Larry B. » Sun May 10, 2020 4:53 pm

There is no way in this world that any band can tour with Jane’s Addiction. Not even Jane’s members can tour with Jane’s Addiction without breaking up.

Unless you mean like 5 dates, which I’d imagine both bands can tolerate.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: IG Live

#48 Post by SR » Mon May 11, 2020 6:17 am

I don't see this happening. First, I don't think AK and DN are that friendly, mainly because I think AK doesn't really like him. That's just a hunch, but years ago (but well after DN was out of RHCP) I witnessed a conversation between them and it appeared anything but warm. That said, I think a lot of stock has been placed in bringing JF back. I have been in conversation with AK where he freely admitted that the bands relevancy was important to him. I think JF''s return is there attempt to finish off their legacy with a flourish. I don't see them doing anything with JA as it would tarnish their credibility.

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: IG Live

#49 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am

SR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:17 am
That said, I think a lot of stock has been placed in bringing JF back. I have been in conversation with AK where he freely admitted that the bands relevancy was important to him. I think JF''s return is there attempt to finish off their legacy with a flourish. I don't see them doing anything with JA as it would tarnish their credibility.
That's a stretch. So if Chaney's Addiction opened for RHCP, it would tarnish the Chili Peppers' credibility? Seriously? I doubt most people would care one way or another. Despite the stain that is JA's post-90s history, both bands are from the same era, basically same musical genre, and have shared band members...so the pairing (still) makes sense. How many instances has a band's credibility been tarnished by a questionable opening act, anyway? It would take much more than that for any negative impact.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: IG Live

#50 Post by SR » Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 am

Yes, it would. I think the RHCP want to distance themselves from JA because they have become an open joke who have torched their connection to the "coming up" days. I am not saying it won't happen, but I would be very surprised if it did. I don't see the RHCP as a group prone to sentimentality, but rather focused on their legacy. I think that includes a very determined effort on a new album with JF and subsequent tour.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: IG Live

#51 Post by SR » Mon May 11, 2020 8:19 am

With all that, if it were to happen, I'd go in a heartbeat. :nod:

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: IG Live

#52 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon May 11, 2020 8:38 am

SR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 am
Yes, it would. I think the RHCP want to distance themselves from JA because they have become an open joke who have torched their connection to the "coming up" days. I am not saying it won't happen, but I would be very surprised if it did. I don't see the RHCP as a group prone to sentimentality, but rather focused on their legacy. I think that includes a very determined effort on a new album with JF and subsequent tour.
Don't get me wrong, I think Chaney's Addiction or Jane's 2.0 is a joke. However, the masses don't care about this stuff...only weirdos like us who frequent these boards. Again, it's just an opening slot on a tour (in 5 years, who's gonna remember?)...it's not like they're making an album together or something. The damage done to the Chili Peppers' credibility (without the "help" of Jane's) is of their own doing, in the form of their recent albums. I couldn't even tell you who the RHCP have toured with in the past 20 years...because it doesn't matter. Nobody under 30 cares about the RHCP ("dad rock") or the concept of credibility anyway. :lol:

User avatar
Diabolik
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: IG Live

#53 Post by Diabolik » Mon May 11, 2020 8:39 am

its all tea leave reading but...

09 reunion happened essentially because of NIN. Eric liking the idea of getting back together and celebrating the past. I could see that happening again ( as unlikely as it is ) with the RHCP.

Perry despite his flaws, knows there's one, maybe two BIG paydays left for JA.

Maybe it was seeing Dave and Frus playing together months ago has me hopeful....

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: IG Live

#54 Post by SR » Mon May 11, 2020 8:46 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:38 am
SR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 am
Yes, it would. I think the RHCP want to distance themselves from JA because they have become an open joke who have torched their connection to the "coming up" days. I am not saying it won't happen, but I would be very surprised if it did. I don't see the RHCP as a group prone to sentimentality, but rather focused on their legacy. I think that includes a very determined effort on a new album with JF and subsequent tour.
Don't get me wrong, I think Chaney's Addiction or Jane's 2.0 is a joke. However, the masses don't care about this stuff...only weirdos like us who frequent these boards. Again, it's just an opening slot on a tour (in 5 years, who's gonna remember?)...it's not like they're making an album together or something. The damage done to the Chili Peppers' credibility (without the "help" of Jane's) is of their own doing, in the form of their recent albums. I couldn't even tell you who the RHCP have toured with in the past 20 years...because it doesn't matter. Nobody under 30 cares about the RHCP ("dad rock") or the concept of credibility anyway. :lol:
As much as I disagree on recent albums (I thought "I'm With You" was very good), some of what you say here is true. But, it doesn't address what I think the crux of the issue is...that being what the band thinks, especially AK. They don't think their credibility is tarnished and they want to keep it that way. We'll see, or not :lol:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: IG Live

#55 Post by SR » Mon May 11, 2020 8:48 am

Diabolik wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:39 am
its all tea leave reading but...

09 reunion happened essentially because of NIN. Eric liking the idea of getting back together and celebrating the past. I could see that happening again ( as unlikely as it is ) with the RHCP.

Perry despite his flaws, knows there's one, maybe two BIG paydays left for JA.

Maybe it was seeing Dave and Frus playing together months ago has me hopeful....
Interesting. I thought EA would never play with PF again. But these SM posts are weird. I think the Chili Peppers would be far more inclined to tour with JA if he were in the lineup

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: IG Live

#56 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon May 11, 2020 8:59 am

SR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:46 am
As much as I disagree on recent albums (I thought "I'm With You" was very good), some of what you say here is true. But, it doesn't address what I think the crux of the issue is...that being what the band thinks, especially AK. They don't think their credibility is tarnished and they want to keep it that way. We'll see, or not :lol:
I'm fine with their recent albums (though I know some people aren't). Since the mid-late 80s, I've always been a casual RHCP fan...I buy all of their albums, but I'm not a die hard fan or anything.

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3865
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: IG Live

#57 Post by Matz » Mon May 11, 2020 10:35 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
SR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:17 am
That said, I think a lot of stock has been placed in bringing JF back. I have been in conversation with AK where he freely admitted that the bands relevancy was important to him. I think JF''s return is there attempt to finish off their legacy with a flourish. I don't see them doing anything with JA as it would tarnish their credibility.
That's a stretch. So if Chaney's Addiction opened for RHCP, it would tarnish the Chili Peppers' credibility? Seriously? I
They may be from the same era but the Chili Peppers have turned into such a lame, and geeky band cause of songs like Snow, Charlie, Throw away your television, Cabron etc that the two bands don't match well anymore. If anything it's the other way around

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 952
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: IG Live

#58 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon May 11, 2020 11:31 am

Matz wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:35 am
Tyler Durden wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
SR wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:17 am
That said, I think a lot of stock has been placed in bringing JF back. I have been in conversation with AK where he freely admitted that the bands relevancy was important to him. I think JF''s return is there attempt to finish off their legacy with a flourish. I don't see them doing anything with JA as it would tarnish their credibility.
That's a stretch. So if Chaney's Addiction opened for RHCP, it would tarnish the Chili Peppers' credibility? Seriously? I
They may be from the same era but the Chili Peppers have turned into such a lame, and geeky band cause of songs like Snow, Charlie, Throw away your television, Cabron etc that the two bands don't match well anymore. If anything it's the other way around
:lol: I don't know...I think it's fair to say that they're both washed up.

But for me, when they were both at their respective peaks, Jane's was a million times cooler/better.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7902
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: IG Live

#59 Post by kv » Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm

I agree with with SR...shocking but true...not a chance they tour together unless it's a huge card of bands...no chance Anthony wants to do rhcp/Jane's tour

User avatar
Hype
Posts: 6883
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: IG Live

#60 Post by Hype » Tue May 12, 2020 9:32 am

Where is Flea?!

Post Reply