Jane's Addiction fan fiction

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
intertwoven

Jane's Addiction fan fiction

#1 Post by intertwoven » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 pm

For a fun hypothetical, let's pretend you're Jane's Addiction's manager. Everyone involved (current members, Eric, Etty, *everyone*) respects you like a god and will do whatever you say. What's your gameplan for the band going forward? And how does it play out?
:aoa: :boobs: :drink:

Bandit72

Re: Jane's Addiction fan fiction

#2 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:54 am

I would have a big reunion by playing a couple of secret LA gigs then go on a world tour. I would then create massive friction between Perry and Eric because Perry doesn't want to do anything new or creative. IF ERIC LEFT, I then I'd have to see about what I could best achieve with Perry and Etty going forward and not pay too much attention to anyone else in the band. I'd probably think about getting Perry and Etty involved in a huge multi million dollar Las Vegas project and see how that panned out. Do-able? :noclue:

bman

#3 Post by bman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:25 am

:lol:

nestos

#4 Post by nestos » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 am

I would lock them in a small cottage far from any excitement with loads of dope, booze, acoustic guitars, bongos and a tape recorder.

trevor ayer

#5 Post by trevor ayer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:20 am

nestos wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 am
I would lock them in a small cottage far from any excitement with loads of dope, booze, acoustic guitars, bongos and a tape recorder.
realistically .. watt dave pete perk n perry are all on good terms .. lock out cheney and etty .. i bet in 2 weeks they could have a great album .. while i agree with the acoustic ethic i wouldn't limit it to just that .. altho computers compressors and electornic sounds would be banned 4 sure

Hokahey
Site Admin

#6 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:27 pm

New album with Eric. Fan festival with all side projects (P4P, Decon, etc) and friend bands (like RHCP) over 2-3 days in the desert. Show opens with Psi Com reunion. Concludes with Jane's.

Etty is not invited.

The end.

kv

#7 Post by kv » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:10 pm

:lolol: Perry's voice by end of psicom set...

kv

#8 Post by kv » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:20 pm

"Perry, I'll be honest...you aren't that special merge your bands...Just add Pete! let Chaney linger in the back...stop calling Mike Watt...I've deleted his number from your phone...just tour with some younger hipper act and and play everything...let Dave sing a song, send Etty to Hawaii, let Pete rip out a hellride song with perk while you get more wine...mix the sets up...keep it fresh and flowing...let Pete inspire Dave..write new fucking music.. even if it sucks ..keep making music till you find a sound again....you are a dusty old cricket who hasn't stretched those praying mantis arms like your tat man"

Hokahey
Site Admin

#9 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm

kv wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:10 pm
:lolol: Perry's voice by end of psicom set...
It's fan fiction my dude.

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:05 am

kv wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:20 pm
"Perry, I'll be honest...you aren't that special merge your bands...Just add Pete! let Chaney linger in the back...stop calling Mike Watt...I've deleted his number from your phone...just tour with some younger hipper act and and play everything...let Dave sing a song, send Etty to Hawaii, let Pete rip out a hellride song with perk while you get more wine...mix the sets up...keep it fresh and flowing...let Pete inspire Dave..write new fucking music.. even if it sucks ..keep making music till you find a sound again....you are a dusty old cricket who hasn't stretched those praying mantis arms like your tat man"
That's not a bad idea.

Replace Chaney with Martyn though.

No dancers. No silly outfits. 1/2 P4P, 1/2 Janes. 2HR sets

Stickyfingers

#11 Post by Stickyfingers » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:55 pm

First I would I'd organize a long term plan to get them divorced from their wives and bankrupt them.

Eric after wandering for months in big sur, would return to los angeles to play punk rock.
Perk would play bongos for tourists on the Venice Beach, Dave has allegedly attempted suicide and overdosed several times.

Perry would be seen wandering around a burningman in a state of hallucination "to be infected with the coronavirus and get punished by God for his corrupt lifestyle".

I would offer to help them and rent a big house with lots of drugs and food, full of guitars and industrial distorted music softwares.
They would receive visits from friends, Watts, Pete D, Reznor, Dave Jerden and Rick Rubin too, Casey, Jane Bainter.

Fueled by astonishing creativity, the result would be sessions that would lead to a masterpiece, a double album acclaimed as the definitive rock album.