Eric on Upcoming Paragon Cause Release

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
tvrec

Eric on Upcoming Paragon Cause Release

#1 Post by tvrec » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:23 am

Saw this info on the Jane's FB group. Eric is contributing on a new release by Paragon Cause, Autopilot, scheduled for release summer 2021. Says bass and drums on the Bandcamp listing: https://paragoncause.bandcamp.com/album ... ummer-2021.

(One track is already available on Bandcamp, but it doesn't feature EA.)

Lokus

Re: Eric on Upcoming Paragon Cause Release

#2 Post by Lokus » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:40 pm

First post in years, but I have been checking in every once in a while!

Apparently this "ethereal / shoegaze" band is based in Ottawa, Canada where I live.

In the 2000's I was in, arguably, Ottawa's top "ethereal / shoegaze band" (I realize that's not saying much). So, I probably would have been friends with these people.

However, I have never heard of them. But, I am also now old, work a lot, am raising a family, and living through a pandemic so I'm not exactly connected to the local music scene anymore.

Anyway, if this were the 2000's, I'd probably be encouraging them to get Eric up here to do a live show (I was also booking and promoting for the top clubs in the city at that time). I'd then open, and get to meet Eric and ask him fan boy questions.

Co-incidentally, I opened a show for Sneaker Pimps in 2002, and Liam from that band apparently collabs on this too.